I’ve Never Hit a Bad Shot

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sure there have been a few swings where the club grabbed in the rough, gust of wind took the ball, talking in my backswing, bad bounce, barely clipped that tree, need new clubs, need new grips, that darn squirrel, etc.

Can you relate?

In my mind, I'm a tour pro. In reality, bad shots are NEVER my fault!!

Hmm, maybe I've been too hard on myself... lol

I blame it on when I'm facing south.. 🤣

In my mind's eye every tee shot is right down the middle, and every shot lands on the green 3 ft from the pin. I think it's called living in a fantasy world. :laughing:

In my mind's eye every tee shot is right down the middle, and every shot lands on the green 3 ft from the pin. I think it's called living in a fantasy world. :laughing:
That may explain why I lose so many balls! Swing, club twirl, put club in bag and walk straight to green only to see there are no balls on the green!

I have no reservations, no regrets, I KNOW I've hit bad shots and I know I'm going to hit some more. I just may not tell my playing partners that. I'm sure they believe me when I blame in on that squirrel ;)

Damn ball playing hide and seek. It's just too good and the ball's fault I can't find it. ;)

Most of my shots are bad. I am surprised they go anywhere near the hole. I played 18 yesterday and I think I shot maybe 10-12 good shots the entire round. That being said I would say I also hit about the same number of bad shots. The ones in the middle didn't hurt me but didn't help me. Shot 78.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I usually downplay good shots as a fluke. LOL>

I feel like I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I usually downplay good shots as a fluke. LOL>

Thinks that's why I'm so surprised when I actually do hit a good shot. Like I tell everyone, I hit just enough good shots to keep me coming back. :)

When I hit a really good shot I say to myself, that's how you do it.

When I hit a really good shot I say to myself, that's how you do it.

Yes, that is the question. But I usually tell myself, how did I do that? :unsure:

If you never hit a bad shot how would you know what a good shot was?

If you never hit a bad shot how would you know what a good shot was?

Couldn’t tell ya, they all feel the same! I know, I know, it’s something I’m working on.

The sun was in my eyes.
I didn't make enough practice swings.
I made too many practice swings.
I wasn't ready.
I waited too long.
I didn't wait long enough.
This is just a practics round.
I made a birdie on that last hole.

The sun was in my eyes.
I wasn't ready.
I waited too long.

You forgot one comment. Why am I doing this again? ;)

The sun was in my eyes.
I wasn't ready.
I waited too long.

Some good ones in there!

Back