WLG1952

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
So how much money have you saved on not buying golf products since this virus hit? This would proably be the same amount the golf industry has lost while you are doing your social quarantine thing.

Myself, I have missed 12 (?) rounds, at $35 each. ($420). Then add in another $120 for incidentals. So, right around $540 for just me, one person.

Just for the heck of it, as you reply, add your total $$$s to the previous poster's amount, so we can have a running total for this thread.

Example, if the next poster saved. $500, it would get added to my $540 for a running total of $1040 after two posts.

Lets see what what total amount we come up with.

Sitting at home has forced me to buy a putter, a practice mat and a net, since I don't have anything else to do, so that has cost me 400.00 and since I have unlimited golf already paid for, I am losing every day I don't play haha.

Paying club dues. No lost golf balls. No food purchases at the club.

I haven't saved anything, I've spent.

No difference really. I bought to used Cobra F9 3 and 5 woods and got them yesterday. I was going to buy another mavrik custom club but when I found out it would take months to get it, I decided to not bother with it. Other than that pretty much the same as usual for me.

I probably missed out on three or four trips to the range. So 4 buckets of range balls. My courses haven’t opened for the season.

I probably would have gone 3 times since weather has been an issue and at 18 bucks a round would be $54. I do need tees so 5 bucks for those.
$59 bucks for me.

Combined Savings: $599 + whatever 4 buckets of range balls cost for the above poster.

I'm thinking of all the fuel I've saved not having to drive to work... Of course when it's all over I'm scared of the money I'm gonna have to spend on bigger pants:eek:

Wait a second - I saved $ 1,243.60 in greens fees when our 'Bama trip was cancelled. Estimated lodging fees were gonna be another $1,000. Add in the fuel, food, souvenirs, etc. and I've probably kept another $ 1,500.00 in my bank account. So total me just shy of $3K.

honestly, thousands. some of that is in greens fees, but the vast majority because of my spending this time last year (and most years, embarrassingly) is not necessary with a perfectly fit set of clubs thanks to Callaway golf and the Grandaddy of 'Em All.

All of it. I have saved ALL of my money by not spending on golf stuff. All I have bought is a couple of belts.

But stand back when this thing is over!

Some golf expenditures delayed with our Masters trip canceled but hopefully we will get to spend it in November.

The money we have saved that won’t get spent later is on eating out, airline tickets, hotels, haircuts, etc. It’s sad for a lot of Americans who are out of work and I hope we can have some sort of normal in 6 weeks or less. MN just extended the stay at home order until May 4th so other than some non golf related outdoor exercise it’s more of the same for another month.

No golf in 3.5 weeks so probably missed playing about 17 rounds. Would have used probably 6 balls so I have saved about $20. Have a membership and walk so no fees there. Have not bought anything either.

Saved around $500-600 from an annual golf trip that was canceled. Our courses have remained open so we're still playing, but I've probably saved a couple hundred bucks in food and drinks at the clubhouse afterward, since it has been closed. So probably around $800 total.

I bought Supersticks so nothing saved.

Besides the food and snacks I’ve saved a bit. The bad part is I’m missing some great free golf at a top course

I actually did some math on this yesterday. In both saving, and "spring cleaning" I expect to come out of this with an extra $40K or so in the bank. Thanks more to the spring cleaning than the saving, but still. It's not a bad way to be.

Just don’t look at your 401k or other retirement accounts.:oops:

I’ve saved around $3k from a trip being cancelled. I’m going to put that money towards a membership this year... so long as the course opens!

I have not spent anything and I have not lost anything. Our course is open and I still play three times a week.
I do pay monthly dues but I am playing so no difference still a zero sum.

Just don’t look at your 401k or other retirement accounts.:oops:
I have one that I haven't ever looked at. I'm not even sure what kind of account it is. I have no intention for it except to withdraw at 65 and reinvest. I know what's gone into it, but no idea what it was or is worth. I don't really care about it.

I look at how this has affected people like my parents and I worry for them. It's going to be rough for a while.

Last edited:
I’ve saved around $3k from a trip being cancelled. I’m going to put that money towards a membership this year... so long as the course opens!
Since I'm not heading out of the country until much later thanks to all of this, I told my wife that once this has calmed down, we'll be joining a new club - at least until we leave

Since I'm not heading out of the country until much later thanks to all of this, I told my wife that once this has calmed down, we'll be joining a new club - at least until we leave
I think that’s the way to do it. Need to have something to look forward to!

A wash here. Still paying monthly dues but still able to play, too.

I bought a few clubs, balls too, recently. But that's not unusual for me to start a new season.

If purchasing continues though, I'll hafta reevaluate myself.

Not a lot really, maybe a few quid on range balls and various incidentals etc but I was pretty stocked up on tees and balls in any case so not a huge amount. However if a couple of golf trips I have planned for later this year have to be put off then it will range into probably about £1,500 - £2,000 or so.

In terms of golf, I wouldn't say I have saved much - I will have saved more in fuel costs with not having to drive to work every day

Despite the lockdown, I do have my eye on a few things though - a few pairs of shorts and some new spiked shoes are on the list, which I can order at any point really as I know what sizes I need
A new putter was on the horizon, but I want to get one in hand in-store first before I commit to that purchase, so that will have to wait for now

Back