What did you shoot today?

Where do you go to use the sim? Have you got your own?
I wish I had my own sim.....not on my wage lol

It is where I used to go for my lessons, but unfortunately he has moved just before the lockdown started and I don't think he has the same setup now
Was fun while it lasted.though - Gears system in one of the teaching bays, Trackman in every bay and a putting green that could be adjusted to simulate different breaks etc

39+40=79 (+7) with a snap hook OB on #18. Whoops! Hit 2nd tee shot down the middle and finished with a double bogey.

Really happy with my Titleist T200 irons. I've never played a 4 iron with any success until putting a T200 in the bag. I used it on the tee box for a short par 4 plus second shots on three par 5s.

I played 9 holes after work and shot 1 under 35.

41-36. 12 greens hit, career high. And 2 of the greens I missed I was dead center of the fairway with 7iron in my hand, woof.

2 birdies. 2 doubles. 11 pars. 3 bogeys. Back 9 Even Par.

Just felt comfortable all round except both doubles that were ugly which included one half shank.

33 putts and that’s where I need to focus, I feel like I always say this but I’m going to roll with what I got for now and get a putter fitting at Club Champion when the pandemic is over.

We’ll see what Saturday brings for Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth 85 this morning with 36 putts. Course has cut back on maintenance and the greens are not running at their normal speed now, have been averaging 30.4 putts per round. Today was a struggle on the greens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

44/45 = 89. Cloudy and cool with a few sprinkles. 34 putts, 5/12 FW, 5/18 GIR. Most of my missed fairways were still decent playable lies and several missed GIRs were on the fringe. It actually felt like I shot better than my score reflected - not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, lol.

43 for 9 holes today. Rough day. Hit the ball pretty well, but approach shot misses were all in the wrong spots. And my wedge game and putting fell apart today. Greens on this course were much slower than the course I played the other day. I came up short over and over. And putting I could not get a feel for the speed.

Shot an 80 with 27 putts that's a low # of putts for me. Could be that I hit a hot streak, could be the raised cups either way. I had a couple of eagle opportunities, several birds that I just couldn't convert. I'm still struggling to get over the 80 hump it's just a mental hurdle I know. If I would have hit the shots I had a legit chance at, I could have shot a 75-76. :mad::mad:

39/41 with a double, triple and 2 birdies...course had raised cups due to Coronavirus.

We played Heritage Landing in Punta Gorda. The course opened on December 6, 2019. Turf is in great shape because the course is a sales tool for the development. The layout is above average. It's a Lennar development and they're planning for another billion retirees to winter in Florida in the next few years. I'd play there again but not until they return to normal operations. No driving range, no cups on the practice green, 1 person per cart and they have limited supply so you have to wait for people to finish if playing in the afternoon, clubhouse trailer is closed (actual clubhouse is under construction) but GPS unit requires 4 taps per hole because they're bombarding it with housing ads, and you have to pay by phone. Despite all this; I'm always happy to golf and the course is nice.

Highlight of the day was a 290 yard drive (downwind) on a par 5. On in 2 and missed the eagle putt (again, raised cups). Tap "in" birdies are okay.

...GPS unit requires 4 taps per hole because they're bombarding it with housing ads...
Nice round, with a couple good highlights!

Drives me nuts when they do that garbage with the GPS units. It got so bad on one course that I just quit looking at it and went back to my rangefinder and GPS watch because you constantly had to click through ads to see the hole.

Nice round, with a couple good highlights!

Drives me nuts when they do that garbage with the GPS units. It got so bad on one course that I just quit looking at it and went back to my rangefinder and GPS watch because you constantly had to click through ads to see the hole.

We had to wait 20+ minutes for a cart because every player had to have their own cart. My brother and I drove to the course together but they wouldn't let us share a cart. I finally asked if I could put my clubs on his cart and walk. They said yes and would bring me a cart. Good guys working at the course but I joked that if you don't show up by the 3rd hole, then I'm riding with my brother. They arrived on the 2nd hole. Anyway, they make a big fuss about putting one person per cart but every user is tapping away at that screen all day long. I also got tired of hitting the screen and used my laser for approach shots.

After not being able to golf for two weeks, the course opened back up and I finally got out tonight. On the front, I might of had the worst ball striking night and luck (ended up directly behind three trees) I’ve had in quite awhile and still ended up with a 45. Not great but not the worst I’ve had before.

Gathered myself and shot a 39 on the back with a bogey-bogey ending that was very avoidable. 84 final score and I’m honestly happy with it and just happy to be back out there!

39/40=79 today. Driver was much better, but still leaving more shots out to the right then I want to. The irons where really good and the putter was okay with 31 putts.

20200411_165659.jpg

First time on the little course we'll be living on for a few months. It's pretty short at 6132 yds from the blues. Tough in other ways though. Most greens are multi level and shapes allow for some real tough pins to attack. Should be fun and keep the swing fresh when I move in a couple weeks from now.

Took me a bit to adjust back to the feel and distance of my Apex irons, but I still love 'em. Putts and par saves are a little deceiving. I had a lot of stuff from the fringe today.
Net 72 I think.

Last edited:
Played a course today that I haven't played for years and shot 38/39 for six over 77. I made a couple of really bone headed moves. Once, I thought I had pulled a 6 iron and instead had a 9 iron in my hands, coming up way short and leading to a double bogey. I don't know how I didn't realize it wasn't a 6 iron while over the ball. Also had a couple of stupid 3 putts. It was very windy, though, so I will take it.

47/58-105, esc 101

Played Shadowglen near Austin, Tx. 74.9 rating with a 142 slope. I shot a 77 with a birdie and an eagle.

43/47.

Driver is working, still struggling with chipping around the greens. Feel like I will be Mid 80's here in a couple weeks when I really get into the swing off things.

Played a course today that I haven't played for years and shot 38/39 for six over 77. I made a couple of really bone headed moves. Once, I thought I had pulled a 6 iron and instead had a 9 iron in my hands, coming up way short and leading to a double bogey. I don't know how I didn't realize it wasn't a 6 iron while over the ball. Also had a couple of stupid 3 putts. It was very windy, though, so I will take it.

I have done that before.. It is the worst feeling. And I too ask myself, "How did I not notice?" 🤦‍♂️

Got out in the beautiful weather today for a round at TPC Louisiana. Short game was not in shape today. Struck the ball well overall and ptting was meh?!?

Shot 85 with 3 birdies, 5 doubles and 1 triple! Feast or famine!

Need to play smarter and work on 30yds and in.

Got a 98 yesterday. I felt like my game was decent, but the score did not show that. Still too many little mistakes costing strokes. Had a number of short chips and putts after the greens dried. You can always tell quickly when you are losing strokes by the little things. Still great to be out playing though.

38/40. Two bogeys on the front 9. I had a 10’ downhill birdie putt and turned it into a bogey. Missed a 5 footer for par on the second bogey. Decided to move back a tee box for the back 9 (yardage: 3.3k vs. 3.1k).

49/49 for a 98...hitting the burner 2.0's a club longer than the 565s :rolleyes:

Back