NEWS Blast Launches New Golf App

Alright, so I got it reading putts now after removing the app, reinstalling, and opening a new account which allowed me to reset and then repair the sensor, add each club individually. After doing that, everything started working as advertised with the putter. Results of my 12 putts below:

AC904D22-FA7A-402A-AD5D-546E0958706A.pngD8CC7099-7718-4174-8DD8-F8CB5E5528A7.png
With each of those putts, you can select the box and it will provide much greater detail of each stroke:
B183B6A6-DF25-4BC9-B77B-C1B568C2BB8E.png0051B9B9-AC04-4E0E-8AC1-73B764F3FDED.png

You can also generate the information in graph view to compare your stroke consistency over the session:

77855E65-2651-4A63-BC3A-74846639D13C.png
19B3B50F-6AD5-4BA9-B78F-634A9976B18B.png

That's a lot of data. what's it telling you?

That's a lot of data. what's it telling you?
I’m not sure yet, I need to go through it all and see. I was just trying to get it to work and wasn’t really trying to dial it in. But my first impression was that I am opening the face a bit, causing the ball to push to the right little.

Sigh.
Not available for shipment to Canada and must purchase via Amazon where the price comes up as $189 CDN. Guess that will stay on the shelf for now.
Cannot buy from Amazon US as the now std message of "Due to increased demand, we temporarily have reduced product selection available for delivery to your region. We are working to improve selection availability as soon as possible."
comes up when selecting Canada for delivery and of course we cannot cross the border to a PO Box right now.

Putting and full shot are included in the basic package (read: included with the sensor). Short game and bunker are part of the Premium service, which I opted into and accepted the trial offer which allows me premium access for free through September 30, 2020. After that, it’s $59.99 per year. I am curious to see what the short game analytics show. I tend to have a deceleration at the bottom of my swing.
FB724C1E-AF38-425C-A566-DFB1A35CADC4.png60B7D5AF-09CB-4A61-BE9B-45661B58DD36.png

definitely cool and intriguing but i wonder if i could ignore that attachment very easily :unsure:

definitely cool and intriguing but i wonder if i could ignore that attachment very easily :unsure:
I'm trying to figure out if those sensors are intended to stay on the club all the time like Arccos/Cobra Connect/Game Golf, or if you attach/remove them specifically for when you're practicing.

I'm trying to figure out if those sensors are intended to stay on the club all the time like Arccos/Cobra Connect/Game Golf, or if you attach/remove them specifically for when you're practicing.
I'm assuming the latter but haven't really looked very closely at it

I used the blast putter sensor last year and found the information very informative and helpful when trying to improve my putting.

Not going into a whole review, but my biggest takeaway was about how you can really work on your tempo, loft, and rotation of putter head.

Here are a couple pics to show some of the stats you can use. There are a bunch more as well.

02E53506-A05A-465F-AEA9-99AF3A4557B1.jpeg
46524215-2B16-485A-AD7E-9923C5B59D8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Either, depends if you are practicing or want to see your stats from the round you played.

You can setup a custom to track the round in putts.

One thing I am not sure is about the notice you need a 3rd generation sensor. I am not sure if that is last years model or a brand new one for this year.

I'm assuming the latter but haven't really looked very closely at it
It’s designed for practice, not play like the Arccos system. There are two sleeves (one small and one large) and a single sensor. You select the club you are using in the app.

One thing I am not sure is about the notice you need a 3rd generation sensor. I am not sure if that is last years model or a brand new one for this year.
I got mine for Christmas and it was the third gen. I got the two black sleeves in my kit. My sensor looks like this:
46F369AF-1803-4CE4-A2BA-E3F13FE580FA.jpeg

@BigDill do you think it will show you putting trends over weeks and months? I’m keen to see if it tracks improvement, e.g. “your tempo was X two weeks ago and now it isY”.

@BigDill do you think it will show you putting trends over weeks and months? I’m keen to see if it tracks improvement, e.g. “your tempo was X two weeks ago and now it isY”.
Yes. I have not done my putting today, but I will in a bit. I was just outside chipping to see what the premium plan is all about, and will upload those results later.

I may have spoken too quickly on this. I can compare all the swings in a day through all clubs (for whatever that is worth) but I can’t seem to compare swings from one day to another. I’m going to keep playing with the app tomorrow to see what is going on. One thing I have learned with my chipping is that I am really inconsistent with speed through the ball, as well as a bit quick on the backswing. That is useful because it is such a subtle feeing in a short swing.

I will have one in hand soon, I'm pretty excited about it.

does anyone know how long the sale is for? It says limited time... but what's limited?

I enjoyed Dan's feedback on his time with Blast in the past. I have not used it before.

It's pretty comprehensive from 75 yards and in covering all of those shot, and for only $75 sounds like a great deal.

Looking forward to following your progress @BigDill

Nick, thanks for posting the pic of the sensor, can you attach that to a Cobra Connect grip?

OK one is now in hand. I'm going to set it up as if it were a new unit. I might even start the review process to see if I can run it on my Galaxy S9
I enjoyed Dan's feedback on his time with Blast in the past. I have not used it before.

It's pretty comprehensive from 75 yards and in covering all of those shot, and for only $75 sounds like a great deal.

Nick, thanks for posting the pic of the sensor, can you attach that to a Cobra Connect grip?

I'm partial to the guy who reviewed it last time myself hehe
But yes Dan had some good thoughts

I read your question in two ways, so here are two answers. The Blast sensor is larger than the Cobra Connect sensor, so it will not fit inside the grip like the Cobra Connect/Arccos sensor. However, the sensor housing "sleeve" that comes with the Blast will fit over a Cobra Connect grip. I just slid it over the midsize Cobra Connect grip on my driving iron without a problem, but it did take a bit of effort.

I read your question in two ways, so here are two answers. The Blast sensor is larger than the Cobra Connect sensor, so it will not fit inside the grip like the Cobra Connect/Arccos sensor. However, the sensor housing "sleeve" that comes with the Blast will fit over a Cobra Connect grip. I just slid it over the midsize Cobra Connect grip on my driving iron without a problem, but it did take a bit of effort.

Thanks, knowing I can use both definitely has me interested. I wonder if it would be easier on a STD grip, as I believe you said you use Mid Size?

Thanks, knowing I can use both definitely has me interested. I wonder if it would be easier on a STD grip, as I believe you said you use Mid Size?
Full disclosure, its a bit of a trick to get the sleeve on any grip. Its unlubricated rubber on rubber. With the larger grips, you have to put it on one side and then kind of stretch it over the other, and then wiggle it down. Easier on standard grip, but still doable on midsize. I picked the midsize CC grip because it was the biggest diameter non-putter grip I have. And it went on. It would not be a reason why I would not buy the product. What has been an issue for me is figuring out how to see progress over multiple days, as opposed to one day at a time. That has annoyed me, and I have to think there is an option to do so.

Full disclosure, its a bit of a trick to get the sleeve on any grip. Its unlubricated rubber on rubber. With the larger grips, you have to put it on one side and then kind of stretch it over the other, and then wiggle it down. Easier on standard grip, but still doable on midsize. I picked the midsize CC grip because it was the biggest diameter non-putter grip I have. And it went on. It would not be a reason why I would not buy the product. What has been an issue for me is figuring out how to see progress over multiple days, as opposed to one day at a time. That has annoyed me, and I have to think there is an option to do so.

Sounds uncomfortable

appreciate the feedback, i'll have to look into it more.

Back