Augusta National Golf Club - Holes 10-12 THP style

Hole 10:

Drop from the 10th tee to the lowest part of the 10th fairway = 116 feet

Statue of Liberty head-to-foot (111 feet), wearing 5-foot heels = 116 feet

Lady Liberty's gotta rock her red high heels to get to the same height, and... Why is that a thing lol

View attachment 8936666

Hole 11:

Drop from 11th tee to 11th green = 62 feet

George Washington’s head on Mt. Rushmore (60 feet), with General Washington wearing a 2-foot fez = 62 feet

View attachment 8936667

They have a couple more but we're on 10-12. Also, I can't stop laughing at George Washington in party mode.

There it is. I remember getting that in a magazine years ago. Always stuck with me.

There it is. I remember getting that in a magazine years ago. Always stuck with me.

I had heard the same thing but yeah I never really visually got it until I went there and saw it. Sadly, that hike up 18 is a monster. Way easier with a green cup in your hand though, or an ice cream sandwich.

**Assuming I would be playing from the member tee's & my tee shot would be in the 245-255 range**

Now the fun begins. Some of the most memorable moments from The Masters have happened on the back 9. I have never been, but I get the sense that the cheers and roars of the crowd are more pronounced and gives the players an idea of who is playing well. It also feels like the most changes in elevation happen on the back 9.

Starting my back 9 I would be sitting somewhere between +6 to +8.

10 Camellia - Good opening tee shot to help you ease your way into the final 9 holes. I am not sure how far down the speed slot is here, but with my normal ball flight, I highly doubt I could catch it. I am guessing I would be left with a 2nd shot in the 200-190 range. The aiming point for me would be front edge left of the bunker. My 5i should get me pretty close and if it doesn't reach I'm ok with a pitch shot for my 3rd. Most likely looking at 2 putts after that, so bogey and +7 or +8 thru 10

11 White Dogwood - Amen Corner, the group of holes that has derailed major hopes or if well executed allows the pro to separate from the field. This is another intimidating tee shot that requires some accuracy and leaves no room for error either way. A well executed tee shot would leave me somewhere in the neighborhood of 150-140 yds for my 2nd shot. Anything left is asking for trouble, so not an issue with my ball flight. Another attempt to go middle of the green and let my miss be safe from the water. I'll be prepared for the speedy downhill putt and take my medicine. I am guessing a 3putt is lurking here or another missed green with a chipp and 2 putt. Bogey, +8/+9 thru 11

12 Golden Bell - How many major championship hopes have been dashed on this little par 3. This is the hole that has me hooked on Agusta National. On TV it seems so simple, but has shown the ability to wreck a scorecard. My plan here would be to aim at that front bunker with an 8i. I would like to think there is enough there to hit the green and give myself a look at birdie. I think worse case i leave her with a par. +8/+9 thru 12.

At this point I am sure my mind is racing trying to comprehend the elevation changes I just experienced through these three holes. I know Amen Corner is 11-13 for good reason, but #10 should be called Heaven's Gate the way it sets you up for what is about to unfold.

I am hitting either driving iron or 4w off the tee on 10. More than likely driving iron as I am more likely to hit it straight and less likely to miss it right, which is not where I want to be on 10. Hoping I can catch the slope on 10 and let it run for a bit.

Driver off the tee 11 and playing to the center/center right of the fairway.

For 12 I am aiming for the middle of the green and am hoping to land it in between the bunkers. The idea is to have some leeway if I go a little left or right.

And down the stretch we go. I can’t wait for the next batch

And down the stretch we go. I can’t wait for the next batch
I found some fantastic photos for my tomorrow. I have my Masters Moments for 13 and 15. 14 though is a tough one. There's too much action before and after it that it kinda gets lost there in the second 9.

+11 through 9 holes:

10 - Par 4. 450 yds - Driver off the tee, and we get a good bounce and roll out to 250. 200yds left to the pin, we will take a shot at it with the Heavenwood just catching the front of the green. Putting woes continue, and we 3 putt here, but hey, happy with bogey. +12 through 10.

11 - Par 4. 400 yds - Here we get conservative. Driving iron off the tee rolls out to 215. 185 left, and we pull 5 iron and hope we get smiled on here. We come up 10 yards short, chip on and 2 putt. Bogey. +13 through 11.

12 - Par 3. 145 yds - Guarding against the water we take extra club and end up in the bunker at the back. Problems in the sand take me 2 shots to get out, and then 2 putts for a double bogey.

+15 through 12 holes.

I found some fantastic photos for my tomorrow. I have my Masters Moments for 13 and 15. 14 though is a tough one. There's too much action before and after it that it kinda gets lost there in the second 9.

I'm the same way. This side of the course and esp this stretch there is SO DAMN MUCH going on at all times.

I still say that #12 is probably the scariest par 3 EVER

Back