JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you yay or nay on the mini driver?

I did for a while, and believe that I can still play one with no issue. I did however cut my driver shaft down last year and found that my accuracy felt a little better, which left me with less days of completely losing confidence in it. Those were the days where the mini driver absolutely shined for me.

Never tried the Mini driver, which is weird because I have no issues hitting a 3w off the tee.

Adore. Love. Admire.

I hit mine just short of driver, and can POUND the OG off the deck too.

Give me the larger more forgiving club. I don't think I would get much use out of the mini off the deck. So, it would really be a tee club, at least for me.

I kinda want an 11.5* to mess around with a short set bag. Even the 13.5* for a large 3 wood could be fun.

I haven't tried one since the GBB mini years ago. That was back when I sucked with woods in my hand though and didn't give it much of a chance. One of my buddies has the TaylorMade one and absolutely loves it. I think it could be fun to give a try again in place of my 3 wood since I used it mostly off the tee.

I loved my OO Mini. Tee club only though. It’s been replaced by the Mavrik Max 3+, which is equally long and more versatile for me.

I have a tough time hitting my 3 wood but I hit the driver very well. So probably a no go for me. But I would like to hit it a few before I say that.

Never have tried one so i really cannot say. Seems like a little bit bigger 3 wood to me.

Nope, nope, nope....I've tried a few of them and do not like the minis...

Minis are best left to describe skirts.

Never tried the Mini. Would be interested to see how forgiving it was.

I guess I don't see the point. I hit driver well off the tee and have a 14* driver I hit well off the deck so I am not sure where it would fit in my bag.

never tried it, but interesting you can use it off the deck as well as tee with not a huge loss in distance.

Based on looks - I hate it. I've never tried one so I can't comment on the performance aspect.

I loved my OO Mini. Tee club only though. It’s been replaced by the Mavrik Max 3+, which is equally long and more versatile for me.
I liked your OO Mini as well - Took everything I had not to buy from you.

I say yes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 9
larger doesn't mean more forgiving in my game, I would rock a mini in place of a driver any day of the week

I haven’t tried one in a while. I’m not sure I really want to given my success the past year or so with the driver and 3wood.

I had a SLDR Mini not long after they came out. It worked great for me for a while. I used it from the tee and off the deck. It was straighter and longer than anything else I had tried, and I hit it much more consistently.

Then I just lost it. I had a few rounds where I didn’t hit it well at all and I gave up on it. I ended up trading it in (I don’t even know what for), and have regretted it ever since. I’d love to try another mini...I just need to find the right deal on one.

Wouldn’t mind trying one to see how it compares.

The TaylorMade Original One is 275cc, so they can call it a mini-driver but it really isn't.
It's much bigger than a fairway wood.
It's just smaller than a modern 460cc driver.

I have a 13.5º and it's a good driver.
Fewer mishit drives = fewer nuclear holes, and the cost in distance is minimal for me.

The name Original One is a bit misleading, however, as the actual 12º Original One from 1979/1980 is MUCH smaller.

is that the 'frankenwood'?

The TaylorMade Original One is 275cc, so they can call it a mini-driver but it really isn't.
It's much bigger than a fairway wood.
It's just smaller than a modern 460cc driver.

I have a 13.5º and it's a good driver.
Fewer mishit drives = fewer nuclear holes, and the cost in distance is minimal for me.

The name Original One is a bit misleading, however, as the actual 12º Original One from 1979/1980 is MUCH smaller.

If a modern driver is 460cc and this one (or ones like it) are 275cc, how is it not a mini driver?

Back