Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

I’m not sure if they will really stay open but Stonebrooke was open yesterday and is still taking reservations on their website. Maybe pushing the envelope waiting to get shut down or holding out hope that the governor changes the rule to allow golf.

Anyway, I prepaid for tee times Monday through Thursday next week so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Tried to go on practice green with a putter and wedge at Como yesterday and promptly turned away. Guy said he's they're following governors orders until word this coming weekend.

Drive by Phalen to day and it's clearly open. Many players out there. Strange.

Disappointed the MN governor refuses to address the golf issue. I get that the clubhouse's need to be closed, no touch payment, leave in the flags, no ball washers etc.

Done smartly just can't see how it is different than trusting people to social distance on trails, allowing two people in a boat to fish, 4 people playing doubles on a tennis court. All things I see every day and two of which basically have no economic benefit. Just makes sense and if they don't address it soon I think the incidence of people and courses openly violating will increase.....

I
Disappointed the MN governor refuses to address the golf issue. I get that the clubhouse's need to be closed, no touch payment, leave in the flags, no ball washers etc.

Done smartly just can't see how it is different than trusting people to social distance on trails, allowing two people in a boat to fish, 4 people playing doubles on a tennis court. All things I see every day and two of which basically have no economic benefit. Just makes sense and if they don't address it soon I think the incidence of people and courses openly violating will increase.....
A lot of states are allowing it, but NV has just shut them down. I would rather them shut everything down for weeks to stop this virus to make sure we have a proper summer.

It’s way more crowded at nearly all of the MN parks with lots more close interaction between people than it would be on a golf course. I drove over to lake Harriet last week and there were thousands of people on the 3 mile trail. The same goes for all the other metro lakes with the Twin Cities being one of the most active metro areas in the U.S. and having 3,600,000 people.

On a golf course about 150 golfers are spread out over 4.5 miles so this ban on golf is not moving the social distancing needle any significant amount. We walked in our neighborhood on a trail on Sunday and we passed or were passed by at least 300 people over a 1 hour period.

I’m at the point were I’ve lost interest in golf and am shutting down any of my putting or other indoor practice the next 4 weeks and embracing biking, running, strength training, and paddling. If it were a bit warmer and we could go boating this golf shutdown would be pretty easy for me to handle. I’ll wait to get fired up for the golf season on May 5th.

Really glad cold weather moved back in. Takes the itch out a little.
Sunday was tough, super nice, but...
I took two garden stakes out to the ballpark and walked off 100 yds and hit back and forth. Nobody bothered me. was waiting for squad car to come along,but didnt happen.

Yay!!!! April 24th courses can open in Wisconsin. Walking only, pay in advance no putting greens or ranges open.

Flagsticks are elevated so hit the extended cup and it's considered holed.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Yay!!!! April 24th courses can open in Wisconsin. Walking only, pay in advance no putting greens or ranges open.

Flagsticks are elevated so hit the extended cup and it's considered holed.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Theres going to be a mass exodus from Mn to Wisc in a week if our Governor doens't follow suit.

So happy for everyone in Minnesota and Wisconsin! I hope to get out soon!

Damn, this makes me happy! My course opens Monday and I just go tee times Monday through Thursday!

Last edited:
No surprise, Our state (MN) opened up golf ( and hunting, fishing, boating, hiking ) starting tomorrow. !!:golf::clapp:
I hope all practice the proper restrictions or we could lose it just as easily.

I would find that very distracting to wear while golfing.
If it got me out of the hospital and onto the course, I'd do it.

We'll see how today goes. My wife had me do a mulch/dirt run yesterday once she found out Menards was not only essential, bit had the rebate going.....IMG_20200418_081547089.jpg

The shoulders are sore.

It was great to see a few golfers out on the old Madden’s course on our walk yesterday. I may sneak out for a quick 9 at Cragun’s before we head back to Minneapolis tonight. I’ve got tee time Monday through Friday so I’ll know soon how my 55 year old body will handle 6 consecutive days of walking rounds.

It was great to see a few golfers out on the old Madden’s course on our walk yesterday. I may sneak out for a quick 9 at Cragun’s before we head back to Minneapolis tonight. I’ve got tee time Monday through Friday so I’ll know soon how my 55 year old body will handle 6 consecutive days of walking rounds.
Do you carry or use a push cart?

My Bag Boy Quad purchase was life changing. I didn't realize how much my back hurt by the 13-14th holes until it didn't.

Do you carry or use a push cart?

My Bag Boy Quad purchase was life changing. I didn't realize how much my back hurt by the 13-14th holes until it didn't.

I bought a Bag Boy Swivel last March and haven’t looked back. I often will play more than 27 holes and now don’t get tired that last 9 holes. I was stubborn and carried a long time and should have gone to the push cart 20 years ago. :)

Are courses allowing you on the practice greens to chip/putt?

I bought a Bag Boy Swivel last March and haven’t looked back. I often will play more than 27 holes and now don’t get tired that last 9 holes. I was stubborn and carried a long time and should have gone to the push cart 20 years ago. :)
I also bought the bag boy tri-swivel last year. Its a great cart.
However, I still like carrying, so this year, at least as the season begins, I bought a Sun Mountain 2.5 and I'm going to carry a half set. I bet I score the same.

Back