Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

I also bought the bag boy tri-swivel last year. Its a great cart.
However, I still like carrying, so this year, at least as the season begins, I bought a Sun Mountain 2.5 and I'm going to carry a half set. I bet I score the same.

I am over 50 with a history of doing, as my wife puts it, "$%$%&& stupid" stuff, so my back really doesn't like it when I carry. It's not bad on the course, It's the next day.

I also bought the bag boy tri-swivel last year. Its a great cart.
However, I still like carrying, so this year, at least as the season begins, I bought a Sun Mountain 2.5 and I'm going to carry a half set. I bet I score the same.

I carried last year about 10 times and also use a SM 2.5 that I’ve had for a few years.

I am over 50 with a history of doing, as my wife puts it, "$%$%&& stupid" stuff, so my back really doesn't like it when I carry. It's not bad on the course, It's the next day.
So, I'm 62, closing in on 63, and work in the construction trade ( granite countertops). My wife says my day isnt over til I bleed.
I use my hot tub almost every day to help keep my back from needing traction. I also think my work helps keep me healthy.

Glad the course got opened up in MN, by the looks of tee times available most courses must have been busy. I was able to get out and play which was awesome. I was a single and got done with 18 in 2 hr 45 min. Felt great to get out again and i shot pretty well from the winter layoff

I use the Bat Caddy, best thing I ever purchased

I got my first Minnesota round in this afternoon since late October. Damn it was windy and those two waves of rain were chilly but it was so fun to get out there after the long winter and see some old friends at MN Valley.

1C7FD1DE-9060-4A55-8135-0797FCD3BC55.jpegFEAA3D04-041C-426F-814B-F6C2F4E87338.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys see that thing on KSTP about the 14 yo from Maple Grove who flirted with 59?

Shot a 61...at age 14.

Granted I am sure they aren't playing Tips, but still. Kid's got a future! o_O

You guys see that thing on KSTP about the 14 yo from Maple Grove who flirted with 59?

Shot a 61...at age 14.

Granted I am sure they aren't playing Tips, but still. Kid's got a future! o_O
Saw that! I think I heard it was at Victory Links, which usually has very thick rough and is a ridiculously long walk regardless of tees played if these kids had to walk for the comp. I saw his dad is director or manager out at Rush Creek. Kiddo had some darn nice PXG irons in the bag and all the goodies!

Saw that! I think I heard it was at Victory Links, which usually has very thick rough and is a ridiculously long walk regardless of tees played if these kids had to walk for the comp. I saw his dad is director or manager out at Rush Creek. Kiddo had some darn nice PXG irons in the bag and all the goodies!
And that swingggg....(y)

Playing Chaska Town Course tomorrow for the first time this year. Most courses seem to be in great shape this year.

Playing Chaska Town Course tomorrow for the first time this year. Most courses seem to be in great shape this year.
I really liked Chaska Town Course. I played there a few years ago. My friend lived there. They had a deal where you could play Hazeltine and Chaska Town Course the same day for like $300. We played Hazeltine first then Chaska. I want to say that I thought Chaska was probably a funner layout. Conditions were great too. Would definitely go back and play that course again.

Chaska is a super course. Used to love to go down there in the fall for their specials. (y)
Only been to one course and one range and both have been in great shape.

Did the 3M still need people to volunteer to help run the tournament? How did that work this year? What a terrible thing to happen to such a young Tour event - at least the virus thing didn't hit last year in their first run at finally getting a PGA event back in MN.

Did the 3M still need people to volunteer to help run the tournament? How did that work this year? What a terrible thing to happen to such a young Tour event - at least the virus thing didn't hit last year in their first run at finally getting a PGA event back in MN.

Probably a lot less people required to volunteer given the circumstances, but I'd imagine there are would still be strong interest... get to watch live golf, be outdoors and socially distanced, etc.

Chaska is a fun course. BillyHo shot 62 there in the US Am back in the day. I would like to get out there more.

Chaska is a fun course. BillyHo shot 62 there in the US Am back in the day. I would like to get out there more.

It's in phenomenal shape right now. I shot a 102 from the blacks and should have been mid-90s if it weren't for 3 terrible holes.

One of my weirdest rounds ever came at Chaska. It sleeted so hard that fall afternoon, we had to wait about 1/2 hr for it to melt so we could putt again. o_O

As an aside: one of the hardest I ever played was The Wilds. Am I alone there? :unsure:
Golfed my butt off from the tips and came out with an 81. I think the slope is 151. Yikers. :eek:

One of my weirdest rounds ever came at Chaska. It sleeted so hard that fall afternoon, we had to wait about 1/2 hr for it to melt so we could putt again. o_O

As an aside: one of the hardest I ever played was The Wilds. Am I alone there? :unsure:
Golfed my butt off from the tips and came out with an 81. I think the slope is 151. Yikers. :eek:
For me, The Wilds is a course if you are hitting it offline, it will eat you up.

For me, The Wilds is a course if you are hitting it offline, it will eat you up.
I seem to remember that. :LOL:
Comparitively, to other courses in the area though, would you consider it "up there" in difficulty?
Not a lot of higher slopes in the area aside from Hazeltine, etc.
A par 3 across a ravine/gully got me that day. We walked too. That was a pretty good walk.

I seem to remember that. :LOL:
Comparitively, to other courses in the area though, would you consider it "up there" in difficulty?
Not a lot of higher slopes in the area aside from Hazeltine, etc.
A par 3 across a ravine/gully got me that day. We walked too. That was a pretty good walk.

I honestly don't think it is anywhere near Hazeltine's difficulty. I think the Meadows at Mystic was a tougher course.

Prior to a strong windstorm the 8th hole, coming down the fairway was a really cool view. It blew down a lot of trees that were in the water.

Yep. Meadows is tough for sure. Only played it a couple times when it was newer. It would take a few more loops around to familiarize to shoot a score.
Those creeks all over were tough.

Wilds: I think I remember that 8th hole. Downhill par 5?
I've grown up on the east side. West/south seem to have tougher tracks.

Is it thick rough or what was the biggest issue with The Wilds?

I've played all those courses.
I think the Meadows is the hardest (even harder than hazeltine in my opinion). Then Hazeltine, Chaska, the Wilds in order of difficulty. The Wilds has a great deal in the spring and fall where you pay the temp to play. One time it only cost me 29 dollars to play!!

I've played all those courses.
I think the Meadows is the hardest (even harder than hazeltine in my opinion). Then Hazeltine, Chaska, the Wilds in order of difficulty. The Wilds has a great deal in the spring and fall where you pay the temp to play. One time it only cost me 29 dollars to play!!

Interesting take... I like the Meadows but have never found it to be that difficult. I think Baker National is more challenging than the Meadows.

That's too cold to enjoy golf IMO. How can I swing consistently in this thing?

51QcUFqk2wL._AC_UY741_.jpg

Is it thick rough or what was the biggest issue with The Wilds?
Its been a while. Kinda up and down layout in spots. Some holes were tight with trees, houses, ob. Some water, plenty of bunkers. Carry distances.
It pretty well All added up to the 150 slope. It was a long walk too with all the hills and circuitous routing through the housing development there.

Back