Cart situation with social distancing?

Our course is "single cart riders unless with a family member".

The challenge I've seen with carts, is even when its just family in a single cart, the carts still get backed up at tee boxes and greens. Constantly hearing that people aren't completely social distancing themselves because they have people that line up behind them

For the courses I know in Kentucky, they have spaced out tee times to 15-20 mins (vs normally 10 mins) to reduce backups at tee boxes.

For the courses I know in Kentucky, they have spaced out tee times to 15-20 mins (vs normally 10 mins) to reduce backups at tee boxes.
Some courses around here are saying the same, but when you are on the course it is obvious they are more like 3-5 minutes. One I played last Friday was jammed up :banghead:

At the course I work at in NC members can use their personal cart but still pay the cart fee. Otherwise it's one person per cart unless you are "sleeping together". I overheard the Pro say this one day to a couple of guys. They quickly said with a laugh they wanted separate carts. LOL.

Yesterday was a zoo... Semi nice day here in Ohio and everyone wanted to play. Carts were everywhere and they definitely didn't have enough. No double riders regardless of household. Very few walkers... I feel like that's the safest especially when an abundance of people

We also live in Ohio. Our club right off the bat sent out an email stating what the social distancing rules were, that would allow us to play. The club GM implored us to respect the rules so that any neighbors (especially non golfers--my words) that live near a few of the holes, wouldn't call the county health department and ruin it for all of us. Our greenskeeper fit all the holes with a slice of a noodle, pulled all rakes. Players were assigned one per cart, drive your own cart or you could walk and/or use some of the pull carts, . You are permitted to have two family members to ride together. All of the club power and pull carts were sprayed an sanitized after each use. It's actually worked out better than I expected. It's a bit slower, but still under 4 hours. No complaints from me. How painful would it be to live on a golf course in southern Cali for instance and not be allowed to play?? That would be torture!! This too shall pass...

The course I played Sunday allowed people with the same address to ride together.

I don't know if that is officially "OK" here in Minnesota, but there were a few double rider carts, and the owner told us that was how he was doing it.

I personally don't see that as a bad thing.

Here in Central Florida it is everyone has their own cart except for people from the same household. Has been that way for the past 3 weeks

In CT I heard they let anyone ride together

At my club in Fort Worth it's 1 person to a cart, however family members can ride together

What we heard on course today was 'you can ride separately if you like'.

Back