Most forgiving Driver for a high handicapper?

I don't know how much what driver you use matters as far as just trying to hit fairways goes. If you have a massive slice then you need a driver with left help. If you're spraying the ball all over then one higher MOI can help.

Generally low and back CG drivers are good for high handicaps. Cobra drivers that aren't + models are generally good, economical options to consider.

I don't think 5 years old is a must have restriction either. You can probably go back to the early 10s and for your average beginner find "good enough" performance. Fly Z or Bio Cell are economical places to start.

Dave

I picked up a Bridgestone JGR tour B head for about $70 and jammed a KK silver in it. It's as forgiving and long as anything I've played.

I need to bookmark this thread. My iron shots are pretty solid; but i can't hit woods for **** unless i'm at the driving range. Out on the course for a one-off shot, always a hook or a slice......yuck.

In the same club here. Pretty even range vs. course with drivers and irons. But those fairway woods? I SMOKE them off the deck at the range, and slice them 40 feet @80 degrees straight into the water on the course.

Not enough Mavrik Max love in this thread. ;)

FTR, I played both the Ping K15 and G30, for a few years apiece. Both known to be at the top of their classes for forgiveness. The Mav Max is longer, straighter and more forgiving than either of them and it ain't even close - especially the forgiveness. Every time I play the Mav, I marvel at how much hot garbage it will let me get away with and still reward me with at least a decent shot.

I honestly think that most drivers nowdays are pretty forgiving and with adjustability, you can fine tune the driver for what you need it to do. IMO, its really more about getting fit for the right shaft and setting the club up to you.

Back