Do you clean your clubs after each shot?

I typically just give em a quick half arsed wipe with the towel.

I will almost always wipe it with a towel, but I only clean the grooves if I'm not the last one to hit my approach shot. With the guys I play with, I'm hitting last pretty regularly. That gives me time to clean grooves as part of my pre-shot routine. It also means that once I hit, everyone else is typically walking, so I feel like I need to keep pace.

Each of our riding carts has a club/ball washer on it so, yes, I clean my club after every shot.

After the shot only if it’s muddy. Before every shot though I do. Wet the club, wipe it off with my towel. Tee to the grooves if something won’t come out and repeat water/towel. I carry a bottle specifically for it.

Always after every shot. Will carry a wet towel if I remember but often just a dry towel does the trick.

I always clean the grooves before the shot though. Not sure why I don’t do that when I use the towel after the shot, but just habit I guess.

I try to clean them after each use, even when practicing. I know I always look at them before each shot.

I use my half wet, half dry towel that hangs on my bag.

If the grooves need attention, I have a pocket tool readily available for that. Sometimes I use the spikes on my divot tool.

Grips are constantly wiped off during the round of play. Especially during warmer, humid months.

Yeah if there's dirt on them. Quick scrub with on of those wire brushed and a wipe with a towel. I have a dirt towel for the clubs and a clean towel for my face and hands.

I wipe the head off with a wet towel after each shot.

I wipe them with my club towel, not much more unless they are caked with mud.

If there’s stuff on the face afterwards, yep. It’s a quick wipe with a towel and/or scrub with a two-sided brush like you’ve got.

I will swing it through the rough and knock the big stuff off.

Wet towel always, nylon Frogger brush occasionally..

Yes always wipe them down with a wet towel.

Back