Peanut butter on a burger - ever tried it?

BigMac

#LLTG!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
First time I ever saw it on a menu (at a '50s style diner) I shuddered at the thought. The waitress asked if I liked peanut butter, I told her I LOVE peanut butter. She said "Try the burger - if you don't like it, I'll give you anything on the menu for free".

Serious - if you like burgers and you like peanut butter, you don't know what you're missing if you haven't tried it. Do it now.

I tried it and once in a while it's ok but it would not be a staple. Make sure the PB is warm.

Tried it, not for me. Grilled PB & J however... that’s tasty stuff!

I love peanut butter and I love burgers, but this sounds unpalatable.

Reactions: Ooo
I promise anyone that think it’s sounds absolutely disgusting I understand. But try it. It seriously is so good and it’s usually a thinner PB. If it has jalapeños on it it makes it even better......

The first time I saw it I thought it sounded disgusting. My friend swore by it and talked me into it. It was delicious. Wouldn’t make it a staple. But very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, and as much as I like them both, the combo is not on my short list.

Never had PB on a burger, but I might try it some day.

We don't use regular hamburger buns. We use English Muffins, and PB goes well with those

Now PB on a Bologna sandwhich, or on Pancakes are regular menu items for me.

I visited a friend in Seattle last year and he took us to a reallllllyyyyy good burger place. One of the specials had PB on the burger and he got it. Absolutely swears by it. I guess it's something I need to try and am definitely willing to

See, this is what happens to your brain in the Arizona sun! 🤮

Food review from Triple XXX in West Lafayette, IN. This burger is tasty!!!!

Triple-XXX-Duane-Purvis-Burger-Large.jpg

The Duane Purvis All-American Burger features a decent-sized glob of Jif peanut butter, topped with two 1/8th oz. sirloin patties and finished with cheese and your choice of fresh veggie toppings (I had mine with pickles, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and onions). You might be a bit wary about putting peanut butter on a burger, but I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first bite as the saltiness of the sirloin burger and the cheese was a really nice balance for the sweet creaminess of the peanut butter.

Last edited:
Have had it a couple different places. Some places do it really well, other places shouldn't even offer it. Very easy to mess up IMO.

Never would of thunk it. Does not make sense to me.. But I will give it a shot!

Interesting. Will have to try it on one bite sometime and go from there.

Have had it a couple different places. Some places do it really well, other places shouldn't even offer it. Very easy to mess up IMO.
This.

The Doc though, she loves them.

Never had it that way. Might be something to try

It’s good on burgers, but better on hotdogs.

Love them both separately but am not looking to combine them on one sandwich.

I promise anyone that think it’s sounds absolutely disgusting I understand. But try it. It seriously is so good and it’s usually a thinner PB. If it has jalapeños on it it makes it even better......
It's probably not thinner peanut butter. Peanut butter thins out a lot when it's warmed up because it has so much oil and sugar in it. I eat grilled peanut butter sandwiches a lot and the gooey PB is amazing.

Have never tried this. Probably won’t either. Just choose not to have PB on a burger.

Yes..Goober Burger from the Wheel? Sedalia, MO....delicious
You beat me to it. Out of business now, but I understand another restaurant in Sedalia has added it to their menu.

Peanut butter is good on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back