Do you own a Shaft Puller?

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think I'm finally getting to the point where I want to get a shaft puller. Unfortunately they vary greatly in price. I would love to be able to afford one that's $550 but that isn't a reality. Do you have a value option that you would recommend. I don't need anything crazy but just want it to work. Has anyone used/have one of the ones below? What are your thoughts? The $185 is definitely at the high end of my range as I think I would only use it a few times a year at most.

1587862992590.png Something like this is $90

1587863096548.png Where something this is between $155-$185 depending on vise mount vs bench mount.

1587863181366.png or finally something like this for $115 off ebay.

I have something similar to that $90 model and it has been great for me. Have done probably over 500 pulls with it and have never had an issue.

I’ve got one that looks an awful lot like the $90 option. Used it a few times and it worked well enough. Slow constant pressure with the least heat possible...

I have something similar to that $90 model and it has been great for me. Have done probably over 500 pulls with it and have never had an issue.
I’ve got one that looks an awful lot like the $90 option. Used it a few times and it worked well enough. Slow constant pressure with the least heat possible...

Have you used them to extract adapters? It looks like that nut on the end would get in the way of the adapter tool.

1587864093694.png

You definitely might need to make some adjustments to use that adapter tool, but I think it could be done. My puller looks much like the 2nd one you posted and even on that one, the nut gets in the way of the washer when pulling adapters.

you need a vise for the top one, correct?

you need a vise for the top one, correct?
Correct, I have a vise set up for doing regripping and a heat gun for removing iron heads but that's more heat and twist.

I own one like the first one.

For the number of times I have used it, it has been great. Didn't want to break the bank on one (not knowing how much I would use it).

I have the 2nd one by Golfworks and it's been a very useful tool. I've pulled adapters and irons, graphite and steel. I haven't used the others so can't speak to them but the ability to preload the spring and allow that to apply pressure is handy. Good luck with your search.

Have you used them to extract adapters? It looks like that nut on the end would get in the way of the adapter tool.

View attachment 8939493
Yep used mine on Cobra and TaylorMade adapters. Worked well with both - just had to use the right bolt/thread pattern.

I have the first one listed, used hundreds of times with no issues, pulls adapters without any problem

I recently got the one off ebay but have not had to use it yet. Hope it will work ok, reviews were great so we will see.

i have the golfworks spring loaded shaft extractor. it's like cheating

sometimes i'll use the adapter saver tips with some heat gel

Last edited:

View attachment 8939493
This is the exact one I have. I did not buy the adapter Bolts and washers - go to HD or Lowe’s and buy some washers and bolts - much cheaper and works perfect.

This by the way is not only a fantastic extractor but also works as a terrific vise when doing things like regripping.

I think I'm finally getting to the point where I want to get a shaft puller. Unfortunately they vary greatly in price. I would love to be able to afford one that's $550 but that isn't a reality. Do you have a value option that you would recommend. I don't need anything crazy but just want it to work. Has anyone used/have one of the ones below? What are your thoughts? The $185 is definitely at the high end of my range as I think I would only use it a few times a year at most.

View attachment 8939488 Something like this is $90

View attachment 8939490 Where something this is between $155-$185 depending on vise mount vs bench mount.

View attachment 8939491 or finally something like this for $115 off ebay.
I used the bottom one for a while, but it got worn out. Now I own the middle one, and the spring loaded setup is THE way to go as far as I’m concerned after moving to that.

Also, mine isnt mounted or in a vice, and it works excellent.

Reverse Thrust puller here.

I got the Roberts pro hydraulic shaft puller. He used to make them and sell them on eBay. No more though. Definitely not because they don’t work. Lol. So far I’ve never messed a club up, etc. worked like a dream since I got it back in 2006ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reverse Thrust puller here.
Seeing the one in the THP Club Lab at work is 100% what made me toss my old hydraulic one and move this way.

I have a vice mount and it's the best investment I ever made. I've saved so many shafts with it. I feel like it's super easy to use. It just takes time getting used to applying the right amount of heat.

I have a vice mount and it's the best investment I ever made. I've saved so many shafts with it. I feel like it's super easy to use. It just takes time getting used to applying the right amount of heat.
Big reason I love having moved to the reverse thrust design. No longer a guessing game for me heat wise, when the epoxy breaks down, the head moves.

So due to budgeting constraints and those who posted here, I went with the cheaper version. It arrived about an hour ago and I’ve already used it a couple times. This thing is solid! I should have bought one years ago!

image.jpg

I have the 2nd one and I use it to pull everything with no issues.

So due to budgeting constraints and those who posted here, I went with the cheaper version. It arrived about an hour ago and I’ve already used it a couple times. This thing is solid! I should have bought one years ago!
Glad it’s worked well for you so far!! ...that got to you FAST!

Back