Brand you love, but have never played?

New Level golf. I absolutely love the look of their equipment.

New Level golf. I absolutely love the look of their equipment.
Same here. I saw their wedges first, and have been interested in the brand ever since.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I may have to add Callaway to my list. I know, I know, I rip on Callaway all the time for being gimmicky but I do kind of have a love for Callaway because the first time I ever birdied a hole was with a Callaway Warbird that I found.
I guess that I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Callaway.

I always thought Wright & Ditson was a cool name for a golf company.
Same with the Worthington Sweet Shot and Penfold Ace balls.
Just stuff I remember seeing as a kid.

For me, I've pondered hard on Mizuno, but have never played any of their stuff. Something was always just a touch better or a touch better deal with similar performance. Great sticks though, and next time I change irons, I will be giving them another shot.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I hate being practical but! The thread on TourEdge HL3's has got me pondering their stimulus package... I want Titleist T400's. I don't want to spend the money they cost. I'm thinking I can get the same technology in either the HL3 or HL4 for a lot lot less money than Titleist wants.

Would love to try the Taylormade P-790 irons. Just isn't in the cards for me at the moment.

Never played a Callaway Fairway, Hybrid, or irons.

Never tried a Mizuno Metalwood.

Never played/owned and of the Mizuno clubs...the entire line!!! Why, IDK but I've always liked it when I've hit them at the box stores.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I LOVE the brand, but I do love the look of the clubs. Ive always wanted to play Miura irons and wedges

Mizuno. Miura. Titliest. Ping. Even Taylor Made has got me 👀 lately.

Cobra and Mizuno I guess for me. I also broke my Ping cherry earlier this year.

I don't necessarily love Mizuno, but I've never played any of it. Not even once. I'm picky as heck about my irons these days, and that combined with never having had a set of Mizunos just seems weird. I'm working to correct the situation.

Alright, so far I have 94 mentions of specific golf companies, both big and small, that people are intrigued by but have not played. 2 companies really stand out to me. The 1st is Mizuno, with 18 mentions, or 19% of the total. 2nd is Cobra with 17 mentions, which is 18%. I definitely understand why these clubs are garnering so much attention, but I wonder why so many have yet to try them. I'm in this boat, as I mentioned Mizuno. I would have loved to try out Mizuno, but just found a better deal. Curious as to why many some others like Cobra and/or Mizuno so much, but have not played them?

The full table is below, in alphabetical order:

BrandMentionsPercent
Ben Hogan
4​
4%​
Bridgestone
3​
3%​
Callaway
6​
6%​
Cleveland
2​
2%​
Cobra
18%
Cut
1​
1%​
Epon
1​
1%​
Haywood Golf
1​
1%​
Miura
5​
5%​
Mizuno
19%
New Level
1​
1%​
Penfold Ace
1​
1%​
Ping
4​
4%​
PXG
1​
1%​
Snell
1​
1%​
Srixon
9​
10%​
Taylormade
2​
2%​
Titleist
7​
7%​
Tour Edge
6​
6%​
Vice
1​
1%​
Wilson
1​
1%​
Worthington Sweet Spot
1​
1%​
Wright and Ditson
1​
1%​
Totals
100%

Mizuno and Srixon. They both make some really nice clubs and have not tried or owned any of them.

while I have hit a lot in a demo bay, a few brands never found my bag:
ping, epon, new level, wilson, bettinardi, olson, and a handful of other JDM brands
but i think of the brands stated, there are specific clubs that I really want to experiment with. For example, the Ping blueprints or the Wilson Staff blades.

I plan to fix both of these.
Srixon Clubs
Tour Edge Exotics
I stumbled onto TE Exotics EXS and have been very happy. Purchased irons directly & they have 30 day returns.
After 2 weeks decided shafts a bit too firm. They built another set & soft stepped, which worked great. Also built hybrid with stepped shaft.
Discounts available for military & vets.

I stumbled onto TE Exotics EXS and have been very happy. Purchased irons directly & they have 30 day returns.
After 2 weeks decided shafts a bit too firm. They built another set & soft stepped, which worked great. Also built hybrid with stepped shaft.
Discounts available for military & vets.
I too stumbled upon TEE and have been nothing but satisfied!

+1 for Cobra

The F9 was a dud when i got a full bag fitting last year. haven't been willing to make the jump to this point to try it again, but love the look of most of their clubs.

+1 for Cobra

The F9 was a dud when i got a full bag fitting last year. haven't been willing to make the jump to this point to try it again, but love the look of most of their clubs.
I'm still a few generations old with my Cobra driver, F6, but I still really like it and still hit it pretty well. I did get a new shaft in it this year, and it seems to have given it some new life.

Cobra. I couldn't resist this. :LOL: I love the brand but have never played Cobra clubs. That will change soon as I have a new set of shiny, new, unused Cobra clubs waiting to be hit.

Disclaimer - I have now played Cobra clubs. I ❤ :cobra:

I played MacGregor irons for 30 years but was always a big fan of the old Hogan (Pre- Callaway) clubs.

But, I can't say I never played Hogan's because I put a set up Radials in my bag one winter that a close friend told me to use. They were a little strange looking at first but I soon got past that because they hit & felt so nice.

Back