Costco Kirkland Signature Putters?

I can rationalize this in my mind since Wilson accepts their fate as a budget club in Walmart... and Toure Edge is gaining market share. They're underdogs. Who doesn't love underdogs? I know. Logic doesn't always work in my world:ROFLMAO:

I disagree with this a lot actually.
FWIW, they have similar market share in equipment too.

I guess what makes a budget club? Both Wilson and Tour Edge have made careers selling box sets online at places like Amazon and in big box stores. Both make higher end equipment too, one has Tour Edge Exotics rather than Tour Edge. And the other has Wilson Staff, rather than Wilson.

Seems like pretty much parallels, right?

How does a big box store making it, make it better than an actual golf company making clubs and selling them in a big box store?

I didnt say it was better. I am simply saying that is a difference. I as a consumer would expect to have lower expectations for a store brand. I would expect that Wilson being an actual company producing products and not outsourcing them to have the ability to produce something quality. Just optics really.

Maybe this is a dumb question but I wonder if this was a Members Mark (Sam's Club brand) putter would people be less interested? Or simply because of the Kirkland Ball will this be a big hit?

I still do not expect this to be a big hit. $150 is still a decent chunk for a putter. As said, why not go get a ping or cleveland?

I still do not expect this to be a big hit. $150 is still a decent chunk for a putter. As said, why not go get a ping or cleveland?

I will go the other way, and say if it is at $150, which is just what I have heard, who knows if it is right, that it will be an instant hit and sell well. They are targeting a market, but and I am sure there will be blogs proclaiming it will win 20 majors :ROFLMAO:

I will go the other way, and say if it is at $150, which is just what I have heard, who knows if it is right, that it will be an instant hit and sell well. They are targeting a market, but and I am sure there will be blogs proclaiming it will win 20 majors :ROFLMAO:

Maybe. I dunno. I think at $99 it would be a good deal and sell. From my perspective if it is $150 you have out punted your coverage even for a quality product. 20 majors will be easy... :ROFLMAO:

EDIT** I wonder what the PGA trade in value for this will be?? I am sure I will find out if these actually sell.

Maybe. I dunno. I think at $99 it would be a good deal and sell. From my perspective if it is $150 you have out punted your coverage even for a quality product. 20 majors will be easy... :ROFLMAO:

Haha. you might be right. I actually think the threshold here is $119, but there is no doubt that some people view this "brand" as exceptional despite not making a single product. Which is pure marketing brilliance.

Where does the weight kit fall in this discussion about price?

Haha. you might be right. I actually think the threshold here is $119, but there is no doubt that some people view this "brand" as exceptional despite not making a single product. Which is pure marketing brilliance.

You are completely right.

EDIT** I wonder what the PGA trade in value for this will be?? I am sure I will find out if these actually sell.
If they have it parked in between Callaway golf bags and Taylormade golf gloves do you think it gets more credibility? For the educated golfer I doubt it but I really don't know about the average golfer that doesn't nerd out on golf sites like we do.

If they have it parked in between Callaway golf bags and Taylormade golf gloves do you think it gets more credibility? For the educated golfer I doubt it but I really don't know about the average golfer that doesn't nerd out on golf sites like we do.

If it has a decently clean milling. At the right price, which I agree with JB is between $99-120. Many will look at it and say "it is just like a scotty". Just like many said the OG Ksig ball was just like a proV.

Great point KEV! They will sell tons of these, no doubt!

Prediction: This thread will reach 300 posts before days end.

I think Costco might do things like this putter simply to create more male traffic into the store or into a certain area of the store. I always go to the area to see the Kirkland ball, Callaway glove and clubs. Its near the Puma or whoever running shoes. It keep me engaged and I'll probably walk out with something unexpected. Then over to wine.....

Last edited:
I am pretty much set for life at putter so it’s a no go for me.

It is interesting to see all the mockery. Let’s see what the putter is like in hand. If they make a good putter, can seep it at $149 and people buy it....good on Kirkland. I personally think $150 is too high. But I could also see a million of them being sold. Costco has a unique consumer base. I foresee a lot of families buying dad a new putter for Father’s Day and Christmas.

Wonder if they will have a practice green in the store, may need to tag along with the wife on our next trip to Costco.

Not interested one bit.

I went to Costco online. I didnt see this putter but was surprised with the Callaway Edge club sets, bags, balls and other itmes. Heck you can buy an indoor training area or a SIM.
Exactly

I think price will be key as well as the K-sig ball fanatics that love the products. I know i bought the K sig gloves to try and quality is there. Putter? I just dont want to explain why it says K-sig same with the balls.

Wilson makes clubs and has for several years for both RH and LH golfers.
PLEASE GOOGLE, Walmart golf and see what pops up. It ain't just Wilson. Folks it's 2020.
It reminds me of the scene in the barber shop in" Coming to America" when old guy brings up Rocky Marciano the boxer . except it's "There they go again. Every time a golfer talks about DISCOUNT STORES someone says WILSON. That's their One!!

PLEASE GOOGLE, Walmart golf and see what pops up. It ain't just Wilson. Folks it's 2020.
It reminds me of the scene in the barber shop in" Coming to America" when old guy brings up Rocky Marciano the boxer . except it's "There they go again. Every time a golfer talks about DISCOUNT STORES someone says WILSON. That's their One!!

True, Callaway has a box set. Cobra makes some box sets. Many companies do it.

True, Callaway has a box set. Cobra makes some box sets. Many companies do it.

They also sell Titleist and TaylorMade. Amazon sells every brand now.

Cool, I'd like to see the finished product. Also already looking like they will be a top putter inside 5 feet haha

I disagree with this a lot actually.
FWIW, they have similar market share in equipment too.

I guess what makes a budget club? Both Wilson and Tour Edge have made careers selling box sets online at places like Amazon and in big box stores. Both make higher end equipment too, one has Tour Edge Exotics rather than Tour Edge. And the other has Wilson Staff, rather than Wilson.

Seems like pretty much parallels, right?
When you put it like that, yes, they're parallel. Wilson and Tour Edge are similar... but I didn't grow up seeing Tour Edge everywhere like I did Wilson.

I see it as Tour Edge took the tact of getting their product in front of people with low prices and high quality... Wilson took the tact of lowering prices in an attempt to maintain market share they were losing to competitors. I could be wrong on this. I think it would require a market study and I don't want to do that.

It was only when I found THP that Tour Edge aficionados touted the brand as higher quality than one would think...
It was during the THP Wilson experience that I was kind of put off by their business decision to ignore lefties initially. When I put a business hat on, I would have probably made the same exact choice. (I told you, logic doesn't work sometimes in my head) they were launching new equipment and had to make hard decision. Taking emotion out of it and it is a sound decision.

Regardless, I doubt I'll pick up this Costco putter because I don't like blade style. I'm not going to say never though. Anything is possible.

And since the Tour Edge HL3 thread has gotten my interest going on their stimulus package club sale, I will take time later this week to take a look at Wilson equipment reviews and give them a fair shake. My preconceived notions about the company are based upon a very limited sample of information, and Wilson deserves another look. I'll give them that much.

It wouldn't be fair to look just at Tour Edge and ignore Wilson... especially since they seem to parallel each other.:)(y)

They also sell Titleist and TaylorMade. Amazon sells every brand now.

Titleist, well accushnet even has a DTC brand now. Its is made in the titleist ball plan though. So its titleist.

Back