Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Oh I know, haha. Gotta get this busted ass swing in check first. 😭

Don;t make me drive out to Oklahoma and show you how to do it. :p

Don;t make me drive out to Oklahoma and show you how to do it. :p
Based on the distances I saw the other day, you’d be giving me some pops on the course now ;)

Yeah I may need to reshaft it. Hit it head to head again after work and it wasn't even close. Hit the PING longer, higher and more consistently. I hit a few good shots with the Cobra but still left of shots low, blocked to the right or huge push slices. Then I started changing my swing...which made things worse.

The thing I LOVED about the G400 Max is I loved it from the first swing. So much so, that I rarely hit more than 10-12 drives in a practice session. I trust it'll always do the job if I put any kind of decent swing on it.

I probably hit about 120 drives today over 2 separate sessions. The feel of the Cobra is intoxicating. I REALLY wanted to like it. The Tensei feels really good, but isn't the fit for me. That's one of the risks you get for self fitting, lol.

Our county issued a 'shelter in place' order effective tomorrow at midnight. Getting one last round in tomorrow morning. (our course has been fantastic about putting in social distancing practices from outdoor check-in, encouraging walking, pool floaties in the hole to keep the ball from falling in more than 1/2 in deep and removing all the rakes.) I'll definitely put the PING in the bag.

Sometimes it's the indian, not the arrow. My swing had been a bit janky the last couple of months. I had been disappointed in the SpeedZone, but wasn't driving the G400 as well as I normally had. This week I found a range nearby that was open and went back to the lab on my swing. Long story short, I found my issue and was swinging the club well. I was pounding my G400 Max. I had reshafted the SpeedZone with an Aldila NVS Blue, regular flex. I was hitting it high, but missing it both ways.

I threw the tour length Tensei stiff back in it for today's round. My original plan was to play it for 9 holes and the G400 Max for 9 holes.

Long story story, I played the Speedzone the entire round and hit 11 of 14 fairways. One miss was actually too long and ran into a riverbed at the end of the fairway. The misses were playable from the rough, not off the planet. There were a couple of holes where I hit a toe hook that had absolutely no business going as far as it did.

I am playing Saturday and Sunday and am taking the G400 out of the bag completely. It'll be the SpeedZone's chance to win the starting gig.

I have had a standard Cobra Speedzone that I paired with a Project X Riptide 6.0 shaft and all I can say is me likey!

Sometimes it's the indian, not the arrow. My swing had been a bit janky the last couple of months. I had been disappointed in the SpeedZone, but wasn't driving the G400 as well as I normally had. This week I found a range nearby that was open and went back to the lab on my swing. Long story short, I found my issue and was swinging the club well. I was pounding my G400 Max. I had reshafted the SpeedZone with an Aldila NVS Blue, regular flex. I was hitting it high, but missing it both ways.

I threw the tour length Tensei stiff back in it for today's round. My original plan was to play it for 9 holes and the G400 Max for 9 holes.

Long story story, I played the Speedzone the entire round and hit 11 of 14 fairways. One miss was actually too long and ran into a riverbed at the end of the fairway. The misses were playable from the rough, not off the planet. There were a couple of holes where I hit a toe hook that had absolutely no business going as far as it did.

I am playing Saturday and Sunday and am taking the G400 out of the bag completely. It'll be the SpeedZone's chance to win the starting gig.

It's definitely the new starter. The G400 Max stayed home. Another rock solid day driving. It's a tad more forgiving than the G400 Max and is longer. I love the feel of the head and Tensei shaft, it just feels really good at impact. I added a degree of loft to it and the ballflight is perfect.

I am ready to get out with mine! May should open some courses.

what weights do you currently have in and what’s the weight of the purple?

Currently I’m tinkering with ..

F 10g / R 6g
LINQ Gunmetal 6F4 44.5
Pure 60 core 50.5g grip

I have the 14g weights front and rear. This puts the swing weight in the D8 range. Considering getting some 10g weights to play around with once the summer hits and hopefully we start opening up more businesses.

Uncut the 7F5 is 78g's. Factor in that your 6F4 is the same length, the difference would be in the ~8g heavier vs your 6F4.

Got out and hit my SpeedZone extreme today. Can confirm the driver is forgiving, especially out on the toe. I struggled a bit with timing (first round of the year with no practice) but a couple I connected on were really nice mid/mid-high ball flight. Tour length is a bit of an adjustment but in some time I think it will be promising. What I did notice though is this driver is kind of loud. I actually think I preferred the sound of the F9 but its early and it was only 50* today so that could be playing a role.

Finally got out for first round with the Xtreme Speedzone driver today. I have the 9* driver and have the HZRDUS Yellow smoke shaft dialed up 1* and in draw setting.

Had some really great drives with my "career" high of 309!! Thank you to hard fairways, that ball rolled forever. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did have a few other great(distance wise) drives with a 297, 288, and 282. Arccos currently says Smart Distance is 282 yards! Only one round I know, and I also know this number will come down in time. ;)

For the first round and having not been able to play for awhile, I am just absolutely and completely impressed with this driver. I did not hit one ball out of bounds. Yes, I missed fairways, but did not lose a ball from any of my drives which for me is a HUGE win!

Finally got out for first round with the Xtreme Speedzone driver today. I have the 9* driver and have the HZRDUS Yellow smoke shaft dialed up 1* and in draw setting.

Had some really great drives with my "career" high of 309!! Thank you to hard fairways, that ball rolled forever. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did have a few other great(distance wise) drives with a 297, 288, and 282. Arccos currently says Smart Distance is 282 yards! Only one round I know, and I also know this number will come down in time. ;)

For the first round and having not been able to play for awhile, I am just absolutely and completely impressed with this driver. I did not hit one ball out of bounds. Yes, I missed fairways, but did not lose a ball from any of my drives which for me is a HUGE win!

God how I miss roll out on my drives. I haven't had a round yet this year that was in wet conditions and didn't result in drives either stopping where they land or even backing up a few inches. Like hitting the ball 282 and having it bounce backwards 3 inches when it lands. **sigh** Yay spring golf! better than no golf I suppose.

I haven't been too vocal about my new Speedzone Xtreme since returning from the Distance Bash in Feb. The main reason has been that my whole game abandoned me (even before I arrived for the Bash). I didn't want to unfairly represent the excellent capabilities of the Speedzone, especially paired with the Linq Gunmetal 6F4 shaft I was fit into. After returning I played the new driver in tandem with the old (comfort zone) during several rounds. I let other local THPers try out the new big gun. Everyone was blown away (as they should be, ha ha) and were able to make it sing. To be honest, the better they could hit it the worse it made me feel sometimes.

In any event I kept at it knowing the equipment wasn't the issue - it was me. I finally opted to embark on something I had been considering for several years. Yes, I started taking lessons. We've worked on many things over the last 6 weeks but I specifically wanted to focus a couple of lessons on the driver. At first, my instructor found I was so much more comfortable with the "old" driver (due to familiarity I would expect). He even had me consider just keeping it in the bag as it was still a decent club. I persevered though, and told him it wasn't the club. Well, last week we had a breakthrough. We were able to pinpoint several things in my setup and major tension which were causing me to remain inconsistent.

I'm still learning but this past weekend was my first attempt to play after that lesson (and a couple of range sessions). The prognosis is looking up! I was able to find 7 out of 13 fairways with the Speedzone. Only two of the misses were "unplayable" (and only one led to a lost ball). What's better is my confidence with this amazing piece of equipment is growing. I am so much more comfortable on the tee. That comfort and confidence is unbelievable to my game.

I know I'll still hit some bad shots, but now it will be the exception not the norm. For that I'm grateful to this whole journey and expect to provide more details about this club and shaft to all that are interested.

Finally put an adapter on one of my Riptide 6.5’s. Now I can finally compare this one apples to apples with the Mavriks and EXS220

Finally put an adapter on one of my Riptide 6.5’s. Now I can finally compare this one apples to apples with the Mavriks and EXS220
Which head do you have again? Looking forward to the comparison

At some point I'll be able to get outside and hit the SZX again.

Another round in with my Speedzone Xtreme and I am loving this driver. Did have a few shots out of bounds off the tee this round though and those were on the back 9 when I was getting a bit tired I think.

When I am swinging well and making good contact, the ball flight is fantastic. Love the sound when a ball is struck well. Several drives in the 270 yard range today.

Once the weather warms up for good around here I am going to do the Global Golf U Try it on the Xtreme. Try it against my Flash, BB Fusion and EXS220.
Nothing like testing 4 drivers at once ;)

14 days and counting till the courses open. Cant wait to hit this thing..

I love the way this head looks and the little details like the pinstriping on the crown. To me the driver is still a little loud and firm feeling...amazing how those 2 seem to go hand in hand but not obnoxiously so.

Was able to take 4 swings with the Xtreme on course yesterday. Weird setup with 3 par 3's and a short par 4 but anyway none of them good. I have been on the struggle bus with this setup so far this year. I am playing the Tour Length version of the Xtreme so it could be a couple things including early season rust but seeing an average of 208yds from my drives yesterday and a 2 way miss is not encouraging. Don't have nearly enough swings to say its not going to work, lots to tinker with including shafts and maybe weights but driving has always been one of my strong suits and right now its not.

You havent played Tour Length before right?

Part of the reason why I changed shafts was the Tour Length shaft actually ended up feeling too short for me.

You havent played Tour Length before right?

Part of the reason why I changed shafts was the Tour Length shaft actually ended up feeling too short for me.
No I haven't but I have been playing 45" for a while now, I didn't think 1/2" would make that much difference. Like I said it could be a few things. Could be the weight, could be the shaft and I guess it could be the length...heck I could need more loft haha. It's too early to tell but I'm getting close to starting to make changes.

With the F9 last year I ended up lofting up to 10* and with the Xtreme I'm lofted down to 8* and if needed might go down to 7.5*.

Are your trying Smoke Yellow compared to your favorite Hzrdus Yellow/The one shaft?

Also check head weight. When things get light for me things start wanting to curve a lot.

With the F9 last year I ended up lofting up to 10* and with the Xtreme I'm lofted down to 8* and if needed might go down to 7.5*.

Are your trying Smoke Yellow compared to your favorite Hzrdus Yellow/The one shaft?

Also check head weight. When things get light for me things start wanting to curve a lot.
No I have the Rogue 110. Normally I would go to the range and try and figure it out but obviously not an option right now. I have the 9* head because when I was able to hit the range months ago the 10.5 seemed a little to high for my liking. It's probably just me but I am going to bring my custom shaft on Sunday and see what happens.

Hope ranges open up soon enough so you can work through the testing and diagnose if there are any major swing issues. I'm sure when I actually hit driver again it's going to be wild.

The Xtreme launches a lot compared to he F9 9* head.

Back