Carry bag or push cart?

DH27

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
About 15
OK with the restrictions on no motorized golf carts in some areas what do you prefer to use a lightweight carry bag or a push/pull cart? I have neither and am looking at my options.

Always a push cart if I can't take a riding cart.

OK with the restrictions on no motorized golf carts in some areas what do you prefer to use a lightweight carry bag or a push/pull cart? I have neither and am looking at my options.
Push cart for me on the local course and ride on the rest.

If I am motoring round quickly as a single then o carry. If it’s a longer round with friends then an electric trolley.

Depends on the courses you play. I walk and typically take my push cart because I am familiar with the terrain. Hilly tracks and wet conditions I will carry. Push cart is easier on the body, allows you to carry more gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather carry 9 times out of 10. But, as the temps get closer to that 100 mark, I make myself use the Clicgear instead.

Ideally push cart for 9 and cart 18, I’m 65, unfortunately our reopening is walking only. They won’t let you pay for just 9 so we’ll see Monday

Pushcart these days. It’s just easier if I need to shed a quarter zip mid round or bring along a speaker. Throw in a bottle of water. And it’s easier with the scorecard holder too.

Pushcart always. If I can get a riding cart ill ride.

Push cart for me... I have option for cart and push cart for same required fee. Walking is 100% safer for my piece of mind. Enjoyable too.

Carry is simpler for me. Super easy for 9 or 18. Push cart is better if I actually remember to put it in the car and the temps are super hot.

Bag wise I like stand bags and carry bags.

I have neither so I’d start to carry first to see how it feels. Been over a decade since I’ve walked a course so depending on the course and hills it could be a fun walk for me. After that I would decide if a push cart was needed and rent it first. If that felt better I’d consider buying.

I am using a push cart. Works well, very functional. I prefer to carry but my bad knee gets sore. I will likely go under the knife this fall/winter to see if I can get some relief (multiple, complex meniscus tears). Anyway, these days I’m only carrying when I quick hit play 4 holes. Still love it. Makes me want to carry. I have considered an ultralight bag and carrying fewer than 14 clubs. But then push cart — pretty darn nice and still walking. 👍

Old guy will carry Sunday bag for 9 in winter, do push cart for 18 or until the heat says get off your feet.

Old guy will carry Sunday bag for 9 in winter, do push cart for 18 or until the heat says get off your feet.

Why not borrow an Apache?

Push cart so I can have everything in my bag that I want. (Like I'm weighing myself down with that iced 6 pack of beer walking!)

Push cart or pull cart all day every day. I've carried once and pulled once and pulling is soooo much easier and less stress on your back

Carry bag for 7 or 8 clubs, push cart for more clubs than that.

Never used a push cart before. But carrying limits beer supply. So I'll give it a go.

Push cart for me. When walking my home course it’s deceptively hilly.

I was body was still able to withstand it, I would opt for carry over push cart. But it can't so I push.

Push cart if you can still find one. Most are out of stock but expect shipments soon.

Cheap Target push cart for me, works great and I don't really tire with it, whereas I would if I carried.

Push cart all the way. Walking 18 is already a decent workout (well for me, I'm out of shape) and using my ClicGear helps make it a little easier.

Back