The no club left behind rule......

Years ago I left a club in a course in NC.
We were scheduled to play a course on the way home in Delaware.
when I got on the first green I realized I left my PW in North Carolina.
DAMN!
Since then I carry a blue towel with me whenever I have any club. Can’t miss a blue towel in the green grass. The club gets left on the towel, keeps the grips dry also.
haven’t lost a club since!
1 costly expense - no more

I'm off now and have a quick gasp of breath when I think im missing a HC or club... It's definitely not fun being in search of a lost club.

Cant remember if I ever left a club. If I take a wedge to the green I put it on my intended walking path back to the cart so I see it or if someone else has to chip on the green I put my club with theirs so it gets picked up or the "who's club is this" call out.

Cant remember if I ever left a club. If I take a wedge to the green I put it on my intended walking path back to the cart so I see it or if someone else has to chip on the green I put my club with theirs so it gets picked up or the "who's club is this" call out.
The guys I play with most of the time are in the habit of scanning the green and picking up each others clubs, so about the only way one will get left behind is if somebody tossed it in the rough where it can't be seen.

Haven’t left a club for a few years, knock on wood. Awful feeling to reach in a bag for a club that is no longer there.
Same here, when I did I checked back the next week & no luck, but I the head maintenance guy & he took out to the shed & told me to find a replacement out of the barrel of un claimed clubs. Replaced a cheap sw with a taylormade bubble shaft.

This has become a bit of a plague for me. I played with @mtbloco and @oumagic at the Raven Golf Club last month. I left my 4i on the first tee box. I didn't realize it until #8 and promptly started having a panic attack. Thankfully it was with the cart guys at the turn. You would think that I would have learned my lesson after that. Nope.

Last weekend I played with @oumagic, @mtbloco, and @Wildcat4life at The Golf Club of Estrella. I left my entire bag of clubs in the parking lot (I'm still not sure how in the f*** I managed that). To top it off, I drove 3.5 hours home and didn't even realize that I had done it until the next day. I called the club and asked if anyone had found them. They took my number and told me that the would call me back. That was the longest 20 minutes of my life! They called back and confirmed that my clubs were there. I made the 7 hour round trip drive within the hour to retrieve my clubs. I've never been so happy to make a drive that long in my life.

I worry about doing this every time I play. I hope you're experience has "scared me straight" and I'll be able to avoid it happening to me.

I haven't left a club behind since I was careless & clueless back in high school. :ROFLMAO: But just recently I left me jacket, headcover & towel in the cart at the end of the round. I have never done that before. I had my buddy 'ol pal @JohnSinVA run over to the club to get them for me. I felt like an idiot :rolleyes:

I've been good about clubs but I left a pair of sunglasses in a cart after a few too many cold ones. Luckily I went back the next day to find the cart guy wearing them for "safe keeping" as he put it. I know I got lucky so now I leave my glasses in the truck.

Played yesterday and found an iphone in the fairway. The screen had huge water spots on it indicating that it was probably there overnight. I asked the group in front and they were not missing a phone. Handed the phone off to the cart girl to take in.

I have found many clubs on the course and have always just turned in. The new vokeys are tempting for a microsecond but I expect others to turn my clubs in so temptation never wins. :ROFLMAO:

I used to wonder why there were so many wedges on the bay. I wonder no more..dang

It has happened to me a couple of times over the years.

Well, I broke the code. I left my burner aw on the ninth green side yesterday and didn't notice it until halfway through the back nine. Went back looking, no good. Packed course so I put out an APB but no luck. Called today hoping someone turned it in, no luck. My own fault, but, I've found tons of clubs and always turn them in. Anyone else have any leave your club behind moments?

Perhaps it is your fault for leaving the club behind, BUT someone should have turned it in. I really don't get why someone would walk away with someone else's club. Whoever took it, I hope he can only hit shanks with it.

I once left a wedge (customized SM7 from a 2018 THP Titleist event...) green side. I was freaking out a few holes later. Unbeknownst to me, my brother was on the course a few holes behind me and he was the one that picked it up, luckily.

Perhaps it is your fault for leaving the club behind, BUT someone should have turned it in. I really don't get why someone would walk away with someone else's club. Whoever took it, I hope he can only hit shanks with it.

Who do you give it to if you can't find the owner? If you make a sincere effort to find the owner, I'd say you're good.

I haven't left a club behind since I started putting them on the edge of the green directly between the hole and my cart. I'd literally trip over it on my way back to the cart if I didn't pick it up, hard to miss that way. I also check my bag every couple holes - my clubs are organized so all it takes is a quick glance to make sure everything is there.
That is pretty much what I do and haven't forgotten a club in a very long time. I do admit to leaving my rangefinder in the middle of the fairway on a par 4 one day when it was cart path only. Since I needed to get a yardage on the next tee, a par 3, it was very apparent and I was able to go back and get it even before the group behind us got to it.

Who do you give it to if you can't find the owner? If you make a sincere effort to find the owner, I'd say you're good.
the pro shop...

Leave it at the clubhouse. A couple of years ago I got to the course at dawn and was practicing my chipping and found three brand new TM wedges. No way I could find whose they were...I turned them in and was later told the owner picked them up.

I've left clubs around the green a long time ago but they found their way back to me when I went looking for them or by the following group. Now, if I take more than my putter to th e green, the clubs stay with me either leaning on my leg or right next to me so I don't forget them.

They used to go on the flag when it was pulled but since we can't touch them anymore I'll probably keep the club right next to me.

If I find a club, it goes in my bag until the owner comes looking for it or I get to the club house... if it's closed, it'll stay in my bag until I get back to the club and turn it in. I have absolutely no desire to keep someone else's club... that's bad karma.

Leave it at the clubhouse. A couple of years ago I got to the course at dawn and was practicing my chipping and found three brand new TM wedges. No way I could find whose they were...I turned them in and was later told the owner picked them up.

It may have worked once, but what happens to the clubs if no one picks them up?

on a packed course yesterday (first real nice day since the courses re-opened during COVID) - we found a wedge, a few headcovers, a few towels.

So they can sell it as used when no one picks it up?
After I hand it over to the pro shop, it's not my problem. I did my due diligence by taking the club and asking players as I passed them if they left a club behind... if no one claimed it, it goes to the pro shop... because, it's not mine. I'm not keeping a club after asking maybe a handful of people knowing full well the club may well have been left behind that morning, the previous day, or weeks ago. It may find its way back to its owner...

Are you saying you're comfortable finding an errant club, asking some people if they lost it, and keeping it if the answer is no and not leaving it with the pro shop because they may sell it?

About 10 years ago I left a wedge next to the green and never got it back. Since then, I never leave a club near the green. I always take the club or clubs with me on the green so I can't forget one again.

After I hand it over to the pro shop, it's not my problem. I did my due diligence by taking the club and asking players as I passed them if they left a club behind... if no one claimed it, it goes to the pro shop... because, it's not mine. I'm not keeping a club after asking maybe a handful of people knowing full well the club may well have been left behind that morning, the previous day, or weeks ago. It may find its way back to its owner...

Are you saying you're comfortable finding an errant club, asking some people if they lost it, and keeping it if the answer is no and not leaving it with the pro shop because they may sell it?

If you found $20 outside of WalMart on the ground, would you take it to Customer Service to turn it in?

I've nearly always found the owner of clubs left behind in the group in front of me... or in my group.

Is it right that the club should be able to sell the used clubs that are turned in and not claimed? If they had a system to return the club to the finder if it wasn't claimed in a reasonable amount of time, then I'd say turning it in would be the way to go. Not sure I've heard of such a system anywhere I've been.

Back