Cleveland Launcher UHX Irons

Any feedback from women on these at all? My wife is itching for new irons and these are at the top of the list right now.

Now that my first round with UHX is done, I can honestly say that I made an outstanding choice! I’ll give a complete review once I’m able to get my normal grips installed on them, but I do want to say that the UHX 4-iron is sweeeeeet!!
Let's gooo!!!!

Glad to hear it was a solid start. Wondering if there was one particular shot that just knocked your socks off?

Any feedback from women on these at all? My wife is itching for new irons and these are at the top of the list right now.
I think these would be a killer set for her.

I think these would be a killer set for her.
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking they should do well for her - just nowhere to actually hit them anytime soon. She's pretty good - usually low 90's, but can definitely use those Miyazaki shafts and tech built into these. It helps that they look phenomenal too.

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking they should do well for her - just nowhere to actually hit them anytime soon. She's pretty good - usually low 90's, but can definitely use those Miyazaki shafts and tech built into these. It helps that they look phenomenal too.
These are legit one of the most complete and impressive sets on the market. I’d say have no fears.

Thanks James - now off to our friends at Budget Golf..

Let's gooo!!!!

Glad to hear it was a solid start. Wondering if there was one particular shot that just knocked your socks off?
I've now played three rounds with UHX, the last two with my normal midsize grips. Of all the iron shots I have made so far, there is one that stands out: Par 3, 185 yds into a headwind, and I hit my 4i within approx. 15 ft of the cup. I haven't had a 4i in my bag for a very, very long time, yet I'm hitting UHX 4i with no problem at all!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
After a brief honeymoon with a set of Recoils I put the Steelfibers back in babe they are such a better fit for me. Still absolutely loving this set

these are another set of irons i am giving serious pondering...

Saw this on Instagram, can’t wait to hear how it plays as someone who prefers graphite in my driving iron.

One of the most underrated sets of the year, just got a price drop.

One of the most underrated sets of the year, just got a price drop.

I Agree these are pretty amazing! Does this indicate a replacement model on the way?

Still loving these irons. For me it has been the best set I have games in a while

Got my 5-PW yesterday, changed the grips and will hit them today. Went with the graphite Miyazaki shafts. Looking forward to hitting the range today with them.

I won one a 5i utility from UST and Cleveland towards the end of the year w/ a Recoil 95 but haven't really put it through it's paces while going through some swing change stuff. Been hitting the ball a bit better as of late, so took this out to the range today.

I can't say the sound is my favorite aspect of the club, but performance was outstanding. Compared to the CF19 5i (w/ the elevate tour shaft) the ball definitely launched, and with some speed. Liked it a bit more off the tee than the turf, but just stupid easy to hit. Going to take this one out on course a bit - there's a par 3 on my course that has this club's name on it.

Contemplating putting an 8- GW of these with the Launchers in the 4-7 since the price drop. Only drawback to me is the elongated faces of the irons though. Any thoughts.

So I have hit these on the range twice now and the feel is great. I don't notice any difference in feel from the 5,6,7 and the cavity 8-PW. Forgiveness is great as the first day a few were towards the toe and I didn't see a huge loss in distance or direction. A couple of time I didn't even realize I was towards the toe until I looked. Mine have the stock Mizaki shaft which feel very good. 5-PW was the right call for me to mix with the CBX2/Full Face wedges.

I joined the UHX family recently when I decided to use them for a special build with some UST Mamiya Recoil Proto 95 shafts. The result has been nothing short of amazing! First, a little background.

I've been playing Cleveland Launcher HBs for the past couple of years. I went to them as I was getting "older" (lol) and felt like I was losing swing speed and distance. My Launcher HBs have TT XP 95 shafts (R300 so regular flex) in them. Two things have led to a change in irons for me. First, I was a lucky participant in this years UST Mamiya Distance Bash back in February. I was also fortunate to score a full set of Recoil Proto 95 F4 (stiff flex) shafts from that event. That event included a driver fitting where I learned my swing was still more suited to a stiffer flex shaft - not so much for my swing speed but more for my transition. For months I pondered which irons to marry to those shafts (would it be new and flashy or something more reasonable). I definitely chose not to put the new shafts in my HBs. I was scouring used clubs and demoing new clubs trying to land on a what might be a good candidate with the recoil shafts. Hard to pull the trigger since everything I hit was going to be an unknown once built for me. Anyway, I finally pulled the trigger on some UHX irons (4-DW) and took them to my local builder to put my set together with the proto shafts.

I've had them now for about two weeks. They look beautiful and feel like they were made just for me (well, they were since my irons are +1" over standard length). What's even better is I hit them better than I could have imagined (and miles better than my old HBs). I know the UHX irons themselves are a big part of the equation but in combination with the recoil shafts they just seem to be made for each other. My instructor has seen me hit them in my last two lessons and he is floored by the change in my swing and results! What's better is that I'm finding many more greens and my confidence level when hitting these irons is through the roof!

Who knew an equipment change could make such a difference in my enjoyment of this wonderful game?!

That’s awesome @MagicSpell i know these were one heck of an under the radar set this year.

Back