What is your worst golf mistake?

In a high school tournament, I hit a perfectly struck 9-iron from 140. After it flew 30 yards over the green and into the trees, I looked at my club again and realized it was a 6-iron...

Not being serious about the game u til I was 25. First 19 years was grip it and rip it, however I could. Never know why or how to get it there.

Worst golf mistake? Not playing for so long before the last couple of seasons. No idea why I stopped playing, but I’ve been all-in since.

another vote for this...wish I had started sooner

That's why I hoard stuff that I've played and loved. No one out there seems to care for stuff as much as I (you) do when looking at used clubs.
I agree! Everything on the used rack around here is in rough shape. I play a lot but am able to keep my stuff in very good shape.

Quitting: twice.

Waiting until I was almost 25 to take the game up, and not being at all serious about it for many years after that.
Me too. I think I was about 24/25 when a neighbor taught me the game. I even still have my first set.

Equipment wise I bought a set of Blade Golf TF1s that were custom made. They were never a good fit for me they dug way too much.

On the golf course my biggest problem is when I try to hit the ball too hard. That never ends well for me and I know that.

Picking up this stupid game at all.

Once getting hooked on golf, not getting lessons. Or practicing.

Reaching for a club to take on that low percentage shot when you should be making a smarter play.

Oh, and not finding this website until a few years ago!

Trying to hit the hero shot as opposed to playing the smart safe shot.

I really regret not getting lessons when I first took up the game. I think I could have been much better, while maybe not to late it is hard to break old habits sometimes and I just don’t have the time to commit to a weekly lesson plan

Giving up the game in my 20s and not coming back to it until I was 44.

Cleveland Mashie M1 hybrid. Worst club I bought. Just did not do for me what I hoped it would.

Playing the game for 20 years before getting my 1st lesson.

I really regret not getting lessons when I first took up the game. I think I could have been much better, while maybe not to late it is hard to break old habits sometimes and I just don’t have the time to commit to a weekly lesson plan
Agree with you snickerdog, plus I took a golf class in college for an easy credit & I should have paid more attention.

Me too. I think I was about 24/25 when a neighbor taught me the game. I even still have my first set.
I wish I still had my first set. Muscleback blades and persimmon woods that I bought at a garage sale, couldn't get rid of them fast enough back then when I discovered that there were more playable clubs, but I'd love to still have them.

I wish I still had my first set. Muscleback blades and persimmon woods that I bought at a garage sale, couldn't get rid of them fast enough back then when I discovered that there were more playable clubs, but I'd love to still have them.
The first set I ever purchased was a used set of Yamaha Carbon Secrets. When I first started, I loved them, I learned to play well with them. Kinda like learning to ride a bike a bit taller than you should. But over the years I've played a round or two with them and they still play well. May have to play them again this season. So if my mistake was not picking up the game till my mid-20s, I'm glad to not have made the mistake to get rid of my first set.

My biggest mistake was not finding a pro who could teach all about the up part of getting the ball up and down. If I had found that guy......oh man the strokes i could have saved

Back