Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

I'm starting to obsess over it... I love it.

Right now, with a driver and whatever the hell route I am taking, stock shot is basically a tiny fade. If I can lay it out there on the high toe, it kind of hangs and doesn't turn over but goes and tumbles forward. Great stuff.

My stock go to with this is exactly that, baby fade. This thing has completely taken the left side of the course out of play. Killing off my 2 way miss has helped a lot.

Dan. Why can I not make this head work?
I think it's one of those heads that will be glorious for the right people.

It's definitely a different shape (result) than what I was gaming previously. Hell, I'm starting to wonder if fitting for this driver head in loft might be more critical than the shaft fit.

I think it's one of those heads that will be glorious for the right people.

It's definitely a different shape (result) than what I was gaming previously. Hell, I'm starting to wonder if fitting for this driver head in loft might be more critical than the shaft fit.
It kills me not being able to make the last three work for me. This is a brand I have long loved.

I love how everyone seems to know more about my swing and what works than I apparently do. :rolleyes:

Just busting your balls. No offense intended.

Is it just not performing like you want it to? Visual thing?

Just busting your balls. No offense intended.

Is it just not performing like you want it to?
Oh I know you are, but it’s been a long running thing at times by some. To the point I once bought into it and chased it with high loft drivers and setups, and it turns out I get far better numbers on the opposite end.

For this one. I just spin it a lot more than my 410 LST, and the speeds aren’t there, likely because of the spin. It’s a great driver, 100%, but it sucks not being able to make something I want to work, work.

What loft are you hitting it at? 8?

First round in the books. Hit 10 low hooks, one fade that went further than expected, and absolutely crushed one. I'm going back to the original HZRDUS black instead of the Smoke to see if that fixes it. The Smoke seems a bit softer and not sure its gonna work out.
Smoke black is much softer than regular hzrdus black.... I love the hzrdus black and it’s always worked great for me, but anytime I’ve tried smoke black when demoing clubs it’s a disaster. They feel Completely different as “low/low” shafts

Last edited:
I agree with @Canadan that these seen to be really loft sensitive. Just for shots and giggles try 8 and 7 deg.
I remember with F9, there was some pretty distinct differences between the 9 degree and 10.5 degree head. While I settled on the 9 degree for most of the season, i think II actually got along with the 10.5 construction better.

Oh I know you are, but it’s been a long running thing at times by some. To the point I once bought into it and chased it with high loft drivers and setups, and it turns out I get far better numbers on the opposite end.

For this one. I just spin it a lot more than my 410 LST, and the speeds aren’t there, likely because of the spin. It’s a great driver, 100%, but it sucks not being able to make something I want to work, work.

ive always been a low spin driver guy... F9 with multiple shafts at a fitting I could not get spin below 3200 even while hitting draws. This year SZ gave me spin between 2600 - 3300 depending on shafts

surprsingly SZ Xtreme gave me spin between 2100- 2500. I have the tour length set to 8*

ive always been a low spin driver guy... F9 with multiple shafts at a fitting I could not get spin below 3200 even while hitting draws. This year SZ gave me spin between 2600 - 3300 depending on shafts

surprsingly SZ Xtreme gave me spin between 2100- 2500. I have the tour length set to 8*
Yeah. I wish I’d gone Xtreme, which I ever expected.

Now I’m thinking about the Xtreme you jerk. ;)

When I first demoed this driver, I thought I was going to have to go big tour 3w and 5w and skip driver. Seriously, it was a slice machine. I went to a fitting and got closer, after picking shafts and skipped the 10.5 head, but we kind of ran out of time. So I went to a second demo day and taking the 9 down to 8 and draw unlocked it for me. Last year was the first time I have ever played a driver under 10.5 and never would have thought of playing 8 degrees. The strangest thing is that my launch angle was better at 8 than 9.

As I have mentioned, my big miss before was a hook and now it is a slice. But like @Tevenor, what has helped more than anything is knowing left is not a worry unless I do something terrible on the swing.

Obviously not every driver works for every person, just sharing my experience. My last driver was about the same distance, but was like 20%right/55 center/25 right (not exactly right). This is the standard speedzone and I am still playing around with the weights to minimize the fade. Edited to add: my old driver actual stats 15%Left/57/28right.

2923D9A4-45A0-4DF2-9AF7-CCF78F3CB290.png

Last edited:
Smoke black is much softer than regular hzrdus black.... I love the hzrdus black and it’s always worked great for me, but anytime I’ve tried smoke black when demoing clubs it’s a disaster. They feel Completely different as “low/low” shafts
Ya I would agree with that. The black even though it is just a bit shorter also swing weights 4 points higher than the smoke. Must be more weight in the tip in the original.

After my early struggles with the Xtreme Tour Length driver confidence is at an all time high with this. Sure I’m still able to miss and miss badly with a bad swing, however it’s becoming the exception rather than the norm. I am seeing a straighter ball flight than I have seen in a long time.

Last night was my league course, not a long course and not a good one by basically everyone’s account. BUT it is very narrow and large maple trees line both sides of the fairway on every single hole meaning if you miss you are punching out most likely.

Anyway the sound has gone from loud and obnoxious to powerful and exciting to me. Confidence is growing and even though I badly want to put my custom shaft in there and try it right now I don’t want to mess with a thing!

Here is my Arccos stats from yesterday’s round. Look at the driving hdcp 😳 Ignore the rest of the awfulness ha

36F4C2E8-CD7B-4398-9D58-D01AC27FDD28.jpeg

I need to find someone to trade me an Xtreme for my standard 😭

After my early struggles with the Xtreme Tour Length driver confidence is at an all time high with this. Sure I’m still able to miss and miss badly with a bad swing, however it’s becoming the exception rather than the norm. I am seeing a straighter ball flight than I have seen in a long time.

Last night was my league course, not a long course and not a good one by basically everyone’s account. BUT it is very narrow and large maple trees line both sides of the fairway on every single hole meaning if you miss you are punching out most likely.

Anyway the sound has gone from loud and obnoxious to powerful and exciting to me. Confidence is growing and even though I badly want to put my custom shaft in there and try it right now I don’t want to mess with a thing!

Here is my Arccos stats from yesterday’s round. Look at the driving hdcp 😳 Ignore the rest of the awfulness ha

View attachment 8943533
That’s the biggest takeaway I’ve also seen from the Xtreme is the straight ball flight

ive had very minimal shape in my ball flight even with using the same shaft from my previous driver

Boom. Traded a couple SeeMore’s for a 9.0 Xtreme head.

I was able to get out yesterday and play with the Speedzone driver in 10.5. I have the Aldila Rogue shaft in it. This driver goes high and far. When hit well for me, it had a baby fade. Like many have said, heel and toe strikes still seem to have good distance and are not overly punishing left or right.

At first the sound did seem pretty loud, but by the end of the round it was not really noticeable. I have the matte head and really like the look of it at address. It also seems to sit very square at address, which I really like. Sometimes with drivers I have difficulty aligning them. Overall the driver really performs. I do feel in tour length I have more control during the swing. It doesn't appear to have lost much distance with the shorter length either.

What is the Tour Length?

Back