Best Movie Soundtracks

I remember the music from Empire Records being amazing at the time.
1589679356497.png

The Big Chill

For me, there’s a difference between a “score” and soundtrack/song list.
For scores, I like anything John Williams(SW, Indy, Superman and on and on), Meet Joe Black, Braveheart and A River Runs Through It.
For soundtracks, I really like The Crow and Titan AE.
Forgot to add The Breakfast Club as well as Not Another Teen Movie.

Top Gun
Pretty in Pink

As far as a movie score, probably one of my all time favorites is The Last of the Mohicans.

If you ever want to work out, you YouTube the Rocky 4 Soundtrack. No better work out get you moving music ever. Even Stallone had an eight pack after listening. 😉

Hearts on Fire and No East Way Out common doesn’t get better than that.

11FB393D-6E55-4D9C-8C8D-FE3F3E70852D.jpeg

Blues Brothers....I'll throwing in both OG and 2K version but OG for sure.
Maximum Overdrive - yeah, it's just AC/DC's Who Made Who album but still kick butt soundtrack.

Garden State... for sure. Plus Natalie Portman is a major bonus!

Surfer, Dude

Also like the Harry Potter soundtracks to help me focus and the Fast and Furious soundtracks not to help me focus.

Singles and Purple Rain are the first 2 that come to mind.
I came here to say Singles, absolutely love that film and the soundtrack even more.

Chariots of Fire is the best!! Jk, jk. slow down on the soon to be bad responses.

Guardians Of The Galaxy is my favorite.

Hot Tub Time Machine
American Pie 1 and 2 both had killer soundtracks.

Grosse Pointe Blank has an awesome soundtrack if you like alternative 80s music. Repo Man had an awesome punk/hardcore sountrack from that era also. A couple of different music types. A third one I really liked as well was The Commitments.

I’d also like to add High Fidelity.

Good morning Vietnam!

James Brown and Satchmo.

Forrest Gump and Blues Brothers are close seconds.

So many good ones, but I am gonna start with one that may be a bit obscure to some and that is the soundtrack from Eddie and The Crusier's. If you have never heard it, do yourself a favor and listen to it. It has kind of a fifties vibe as that was when the movie was set, but the vocals and the instrumentals are very good.
I absolutely agree with the above. :drinks:

A couple of others for me:
Dazed and Confused
Almost Famous

Guardians of the Galaxy are great.
Also a plus on for Dazed and Confused

Back