CONTEST The Grandmama: Win A Full Bag Of Callaway Equipment, A Trip and More

Official Entry:

I had been a Pro V One guy, mainly due to getting free sleeves from my home course every weekend. They ended that freebie last Summer and when I got into the 2019 THP/Budget Golf Championship, I turned in some of my Callaway points for the ERC's with Triple Track. Ever since I got those balls I have been a Triple Track guy. I really prefer the Chrome Soft, as I love its feel around the greens. Chrome Soft golf balls and Triple Track lines have helped make me dangerous with a putter in my hand and a better golfer.

Read this whole post before entering

A couple of weeks ago, we had Jason Finley on THP Live talking about a new THP Experience coming this year called the Grandmama. A spin off of the Grandaddy of em All and we are super excited for what some members of this forum will get to experience.

View attachment 8943038

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf with members of the team there
And so much more
This will take place in early December

At the Grandaddy each year, 12 lucky THPers experience something special, but it comes with a job of reviewing their equipment to the masses through the THP Forum once it is released. This year, there are only 4, but they will be doing the job of 12, so we are looking for the committed. The person that loves to talk about this game, the equipment and share his honest assessment of everything they learn through content and reviews.

To up the stakes, Emmy Winning Producer, Jeff Neubarth, has informed us that you will have the Callaway Media Productions crew to assist in that creation. Be it audio recording or editing, all of the pictures taken you want done and even video production and editing. That's right, if you have a vision, but lack the equipment or knowledge to make it come to life, no problem.

Your job, if you choose to accept it will be to follow the instructions in each contest that comes up and show you are ready to review. Remember there are 4 THPers heading to the Grandmama, and each contest will award someone the full trip.

Qualifying
You must be a 2020 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. All of the details and benefits are here.

The Contest
Golf balls are always a hot topic on the THP Forum and this year the Callaway Chrome Soft is ridiculously good based on the reviews of forum members. We know not everybody has tried it however, but they have played golf in the past and we hope they can discuss golf balls. This contest is all about you reviewing a golf ball.

How to Enter
Tell us in 100 words or less, about your golf ball, in a way that promotes engagement, thoughts and questions from other THPers.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open for about a week.
My current ball has visual aids on them which I love on the course, but are distracting on the greens. I switched from a simple sharpie line to this ball but I think something that had the aids with straight lines would be even better? Putting is scoring. Triple track is a great concept, I like the truvis/pix aids better. What do you think?

Thanks for opportunity: I went with a different approach on this.

Entry:

top flight xl

yesterday i played 9 holes and 2 balls. My normal ball and a top flight xl. I wanted to compare. So here goes.
drives: xl felt like i was hitting rocks. But, same flight, a little higher and only 5 yds or so shorter
Approach: Xl felt like a rock. hard landing and no spin. Difficult to contol
Chip: If you need to stop it forget it.
Putting: feel is an issue. like a rock and doesn’t roll as true as other ball.
results: Pay more. Not worth it
Other ball? Callaway chrome soft is worth it!

Only seven pages of entries? COME ON GUYS!!
I really hope no one is discounting this event.

Entry:

The legendary original Kirkland Signature 4pc came into our lives & then got shut down & sold out faster than candybars smuggled into fat camp. Great distance & superb greenside spin, but was it really a tour level ball with a budget ball price? Many argue yes, as some tests showed equal performance to Titleist's offerings. The next 2 iterations fell short, with 2019's version being quite terrible. 1 round could take a dozen, not because they ended up in the woods or drink, but because a wedge shot would rip the cover. Will Kirkland ever make another quality 4pc?

20200518_091905.png

Last edited:
this is exciting....

My current ball is a ménage a trois with me and the Titleist Pro V1 and the AVX. We’re in a love triangle that needs some balance. I need my golf ball to jump off the club face like a spider monkey, feel like I hit it 350, and dance like a butterfly with soft feet around the greens. But what I really need more than anything is that 1-2 shots around that stick in your mind and give you those bragging rights about your round and trust in the ball.

i'm not much of a writer but this is my take on the Callaway Chrome Soft balls:

always been a titleist pro-v guy but one day i ended up hitting my ball in the rough and couldn't find it but i did find a Callaway Chrome Soft ball. i have heard of them but have never tried them. so i figured i would give it a shot. and was i surprised. it was weird....it felt softer then the pro-v but it seem to go longer and feel better off the club. i have been hooked since and that is all i play now. i love the edition of the triple-track lines.

Entry:

Are you getting the most out of your golf ball? I've been playing the Chrome Soft X with Triple Track Technology. Its longer than others off the tee for me and still has that green side spin for pitches and chips. I've also found the Triple Track to be easier to line up for putting. What about the ball you're using do you like the most? Is it an all-around performer, or do you look for one attribute more than another? Let's talk about what you're using and why it works for you.

Going a bit out of the box. Here is my entry from my golf ball's perspective: Some Golf Balls may have been injured while they made this review.

Official Entry:

Driving.JPG
Hitting it long off the tee with ball speed to spare, I’m for bombing with a fairway stare!

Stars and Stripes 2.JPG

Watching my Stars and Stripes spin is no phony, I'm just a one-hop and stop pony.

Rock.JPG

Whether I hit a tree, path, or a rock underneath, my cover stays smoother than Jordan Spieth.

Just off the green or in sand, I always pass the test after I land.

It’s Vernier Hyper Acuity or TT to you mortals; I am here to make birdies. Line me up and I disappear into flagship portals!

ERC Putt.JPG

I Hit It. Hit it. Hit it Hard!

Attachments

• Rock.JPG
    Rock.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Official Entry:

As a high handicapper, I didn’t think my choice of ball would make a difference. Then I discovered THP and participated in a couple of Bridgestone events. My eyes were opened when I found out that a better ball would help my game. Then I won a contest to test some Srixon Q-Star Tour balls. Again, I found that a good ball would help me with distance and control. This week, I will be testing Callaway’s Chrome Soft Triple Track balls and I expect them to perform as well. So, it is true. My balls do help improve my game.

I've been trying a variety of different balls this Spring. They all share urethane covers and tout capability of low spin from the tee while also allowing some control around the greens. I haven't made it to the new Chrome Soft yet and didn't realize it featured a urethane cover. I'll have to pick some up before my next round and check them out! Good luck to everyone hoping to attend what sounds like an amazing experience!

I have just recently started playing golf regularly again for the first time in decades. I have have gone through about 10 different balls in the past year trying to find one that give me good distance and that I can actually hit pretty straight. So far the Titleist Pro V1 seems to be the go to for my drive, not so much for putting or any other shot. I seem to put Callaway warbirds that are old and have been in my bag forever the best lol. Approach shots I seem to do better with Callaway as well. I think I will be trying out some Bridgestone next.

Official Entry:

Being a high HC & not really taking the game serious until last year, I have always played what I found or was cheap. Yes I did find that I hit some balls better then others but the way I would loose them it really didn't matter & I'm still striving to play a full 18 with 1 ball. Now that I've been learning so much here @ THP, along with working on my game & have been lucky enough to have other THP'ers send me some better balls to tr, I've been playing & trying to pay more attention to what fits me best.

Entry:

Tell me how your ball flies off the tee.
Tell me how you ball feels around the green.
What if I told you my ball will take your ball to a whole new level? Would I have your attention?
Good. Now that I do. This ball will give you all the good feels around the green, your wife/SO will be jealous. Long? Yes, it can go long and give you consistency, off the tee, with the thinner poly outer layer . Last note: get yellow, if you're like me...in the woods. It helps in finding them. Thanks!

Last edited:
Lots of fun in here already.
We will let this one run until Thursday.

My current ball is one of 5 balls that I play. Chrome Soft, Tour Soft, BRX, QST, Wilson Professional. A lot of it depends on my "swing of the day" and how it responds to the ball. So does that mean I should be playing with a non-urethane ball all of the time since they are more susceptible picking out my swing faults? My mailing address on the course is anything within 100 yards, but I like to play a urethane ball because of the spin that I get, so what do I do?

What a great opportunity for THP and Callaway to offer 4 lucky people!

Entry:

I play a golf ball that suits me; a no nonsense, high performing ball that costs far less than its results would suggest. The Cut Grey is a mid-compression, three-piece ball, with a urethane cover. As a still learning golfer, I need a ball that can take abuse and not break the bank. Yet, I want to play my best. I need a ball that will stop when I hit a green, have a satisfying feel off the putter, and maximize control and distance off the tee and deck. For me, the Cut Grey shines while checking all the boxes.

View attachment 8943073

been playing a cut blue for my last 28 holes...I am pretty happy with it at $19 a dozen...still have plenty of Soft Feels, QSTs and Z-Stars but I can see this dozen prolonging their existence on the shelf.

been playing a cut blue for my last 28 holes...I am pretty happy with it at $19 a dozen...still have plenty of Soft Feels, QSTs and Z-Stars but I can see this dozen prolonging their existence on the shelf.
I haven't tried the Blues yet. I may try a dozen next time I order....

I haven't tried the Blues yet. I may try a dozen next time I order....

we were at Target and I saw them (the last dozen they had) and some Vice Pro + ($35)...my wallet decided the $19 was the way to go.

we were at Target and I saw them (the last dozen they had) and some Vice Pro + ($35)...my wallet decided the $19 was the way to go.

I got a dozen Vice Distance for Xmas...and was not a fan of that ball.

I got a dozen Vice Distance for Xmas...and was not a fan of that ball.

I tried the matte red Cuts a while back and wasn't a fan...surprisingly, since they are lower comp than the blues.

Entry:

897081E0-ABD8-4B09-85FD-DC481E24D3AE.jpeg

This is my golf ball; a phenomenal culmination of technology, research, performance, and passion. I love the look, with its glorious red maple leaf emblazoned in the Truvis pattern. The sound off an iron is a purposeful cacophony. A crushing blow from a driver results in a feeling of pure bliss.

Golf balls come in many varieties; each steeped in history. This one is mine, and it’s future will be shaped with my play. How will you shape yours?

One day while researching clubs and balls I came across THP and all the discussion around different balls and performance, feel, and technology etc. This had me testing many different balls to find one to suit my game and I had a few alternately. Then I had the privilege to go to a THP event and get fitted for a ball. We compared my current gamre to all the Bridgestone balls and i was fitted in the Tour B RX and have been gaming that ever since. It's nice and straight off the driver and does what i need with my irons and around and on the green.

Going a bit out of the box. Here is my entry from my golf ball's perspective: Some Golf Balls may have been injured while they made this review.

Official Entry:

View attachment 8943917
Hitting it long off the tee with ball speed to spare, I’m for bombing with a fairway stare!

View attachment 8943919

Watching my Stars and Stripes spin is no phony, I'm just a one-hop and stop pony.

View attachment 8943920

Whether I hit a tree, path, or a rock underneath, my cover stays smoother than Jordan Spieth.

Just off the green or in sand, I always pass the test after I land.

It’s Vernier Hyper Acuity or TT to you mortals; I am here to make birdies. Line me up and I disappear into flagship portals!

View attachment 8943921

I Hit It. Hit it. Hit it Hard!

I guess I should just withdraw my entry... haha. That was awesome.

Back