How Long Have You Been Playing Without Making a Hole In One

1 year for me.

35ish years.

yesterday, for about 30 seconds, I thought I had my first. The sun was in our eyes, so we couldn’t clearly see the results. The ball ended up a few feet directly behind the pin. It must have burned an edge. Next time...

Don't ever give up... Until about 3 years ago I would only play a dozen or so rounds a year. I thought the HIO was something I'd never even see let alone make. I witnessed my first HIO in Aug 2018 when my work league golf partner hit one (not during league). It was amazing to behold. A single hop in the air off the initial bounce on the green and down into the bottom of the cup. He is a better player than I am and he hit that shot just so perfectly. Then, less than a year later, I was playing with a buddy and a random twosome we were paired with. On our second hole of the day my 9 iron shot on the 130 yard hole landed softly and began rolling directly at the flag. I expected a tap in birdie. As I reached down to pick up my tee they all started shouting and I looked up to see my first (and only) ace! I was 1.5 months shy of my 56th birthday and I've been playing golf (off and on) since shortly after high school.

45+ years 😢

Cumulatively, about 7 years of active playing... never seen one either. One day!

if I have to wait 20-30 years, i'll be 70-80 :facepalm:...might as well quit now.

Since the early 90’s.

First time I played a par 3 course was 22 years ago and still searching

Thought I responded to this.

About 7 years of actual playing spread out over 30 years. I don't expect to actually make one, but I have come close A LOT. It's a damn hard thing to do. Respect to anyone who has one, much less more than one.

Last edited:
Never in 30 years. Closest I’ve come was yesterday where I ended up 2 inches away. I did witness the rarest of events - a double eagle by a friend of mine.

Last edited:
I started playing golf in 1977, I was 15 yo.
I have had my share of brushes with closeness of HIO, but still have not achieved the holy grail
NO hole in one for me....

I have had four, but never got really excited by any of them. I saw it as just a lucky shot. I get more excited about holing out a chip or pitch as I practice my short game a lot and feel that is skill versus luck.

I do have one HIO, but that was almost 20 years ago, and I have never witnessed another HIO ever by anyone other then my one time. Crazy how rare a HIO is.

38 years I have played, admittedly off and on, so if straight through only about 20 continuous years. No HIO for me, nor have I seen one in my life. Seen a few tap in birdies, but not one in the cup

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

30 years on an off. Have got within a foot a couple of times, and bounced one half way up the stick but never had that elusive one drop. My old boy has been playing 40 years and managed one, but that's the extent of it.

My entire life. I've only made a hole in one in a video game....

58 years - and I honestly don't regret never getting one, and don't care if I ever do.
Its a great accomplishment for everyone who has gotten one.

Man, I thought 20+ years was a drought... I've got more time to bide compared to some of y'all.:(

Started in 1976 and played 20 years before making one. In 1996 I made 2 aces in an 11-day stretch and now it's been 24 years without another.

ohhhh how long has it been... I guess the first question I need to answer is how many times have I been reincarnated and what life am I on...

Back