NEED a new Hybrid, what should I get?

Any luck?
I totally blanked. I just set an alarm on my phone though to do it this afternoon. They’re more similar than different imo.

I loved my Callaway XR OS back in the day. Was the first Hybrid I fell in love with just absolutely crushed that thing. I'm gaming the PING G410s now because I got some additional distance out of them. I also have a Callaway Super Hybrid that I'm learning to hit but absolutely love when I make solid contact (the Super Hybrid replaced my fairway wood).

COVID is definitely getting me to tinker with my bag. Who knows what this is going to be like when I can finally get out again! Targeting some time next week for a first round. My advice (if you want current models):

• Callaway Super Hybrid - especially if you have difficulty with fairway woods
  • PING G410
  • Tour Exotics (I hit those and really liked them but with a full bag, couldn't justify pulling the trigger)

Callaway Epic Flash or Big Bertha. Both have the jailbreak technology for forgiveness.

I totally blanked. I just set an alarm on my phone though to do it this afternoon. They’re more similar than different imo.
Appreciate it, James.

And another question for the THP brain trust - hybrid bureau, how does the Super Hybrid compare to the EF and the Mav hybrids? My fitter said that would be his rec because it would give me a higher launch and trajectory, even though we ran out of time yesterday. I have to say I like the EF just from the price reduction that just hit.

Both the EF and BB hybrids had price reductions. I considered changing from BB to EF. But, I would get gouged on the trade in and the incremental improvement on the EF over the BB, if any, wasn't worth pursuing.

The G410 is such a solid hybrid. The hosel options are great for dialing it in too.

Appreciate it, James.

And another question for the THP brain trust - hybrid bureau, how does the Super Hybrid compare to the EF and the Mav hybrids? My fitter said that would be his rec because it would give me a higher launch and trajectory, even though we ran out of time yesterday. I have to say I like the EF just from the price reduction that just hit.
I don't remember the Trackman numbers as far as launch angle and all that, but when I hit them both at a Callaway demo day, the 23° Super Hybrid was longer than the Mav 5h for me.

Appreciate it, James.

Not great pics. But you’ll get the drift. Mav is square toed where the Flash is more that fairway styling.

CAC1A73E-1B16-4F28-BEC2-B363B3E944DA.jpeg

5A640A76-3531-4025-83F8-8EB5AA64B367.jpeg

Also, to answer the SH question. That one is a low spin fade biased niche club to be sure. Yes, some guys here love it and have the swings for it, but it’s a totally different beast.

The CBX 119 they sent us last year was a beast.
Based on caps of the TEEm it makes sense to do 220, but I could see some hitting pros in 3w or hybo

@NateG<80 Have you managed to get out to try any of these yet?

Welp, yes..

One of them. The Tour Edge EXS 220. I caved and bought it during the special THP stimulus deal.

I got the #2 Hybrid with the HZRDUS Black S shaft.

The club is awesome, and exactly what I needed. It is giving me that 225-230 distance I was looking for as an in between of my 4 Iron and 3 Wood.

Last edited:
In no particular order, Top 5 Hybrids I am considering right now based off THP advice:

-Ping G 410
-Tour Edge EXS 220
-Callaway Super Hybrid
-Cobra (Of some kind)
-Ben Hogan VKTR

Open to some honorable mentions to sneak in.. Eventually leading me to a top 10 to demo 🤷‍♂️
Thats a great list. I have 2 of the Ping G410s and still LOVE them. I also would not hesitate on the Super Hybrid - that thing is just freakin legit if you have no issue launching a ball. I know JMan was a big fan of the G410s at one point and if he has found something he likes more, then I would listen.

Thats a great list. I have 2 of the Ping G410s and still LOVE them. I also would not hesitate on the Super Hybrid - that thing is just freakin legit if you have no issue launching a ball. I know JMan was a big fan of the G410s at one point and if he has found something he likes more, then I would listen.

No doubt. And I don’t wanna quote him, but it seemed that he liked the Exs 220 the best. @Jman Would you agree?

The exs 220 is what I ended up with and it has been great so far!

No doubt. And I don’t wanna quote him, but it seemed that he liked the Exs 220 the best. @Jman Would you agree?

Ha, that's awesome. Tour Edge has been doing hyrbrids and fairways right for quite awhile.

Ha, that's awesome. Tour Edge has been doing hyrbrids and fairways right for quite awhile.

That’s what it seems like from all my research, reading, and feedback from THPers. The 220 has been hot, and forgiving. First time playing a TT HZRDUS shaft and I really like how beefy it is.

They’re pretty different. If I was still rocking a hybo in the 22 spot the 410 would be the one. But in the 19 I want a little more size and forgiveness but still playable spin and a lot of ball speed, the 220 has done that.

My two favorite hybrids on the market. Yes, even moreso than Mavrik.

Welp, yes..

One of them. The Tour Edge EXS 220. I caved and bought it during the special THP stimulus deal.

I got the #2 Hybrid with the HZRDUS Black S shaft.

The club is awesome, and exactly what I needed. It is giving me that 225-230 distance I was looking for as an in between of my 4 Iron and 3 Wood.

Good to hear. A great choice and it was a superb deal.

Back