Masks on the Golf Course?

Two words: carbon dioxide.

Long-term wearing increases CO2 levels in one's body, especially during exercise. Bad news for those with health issues. So a no for me, and it will be inteersting to see what my employer will require, since they are talking about reopening our office mid-June.
I have to work, so I took a bandanna & cut it in half diagonally. I keep it around my neck until we get someone that walks in & then we are supposed to mask up.

Wearing a mask is unhealthy, especially if you have allergies, issues with environment. If you are a known carrier or infected, wear a mask. On the golf course? Heck no, unless you're infected, and if you are, stay away. I notice at the golf course, many people walk up to you without any consciousness of social distancing. Also, our course is only allowing twosomes, one to a cart.

I wear a mask to the grocery store, pharmacy, etc. I wear it into the clubhouse, but not on the course. I usually play by myself and a cart just for me so, I don't feel the need to wear a mask on the course.

Recently played with no masks and we were given the option for each of us to ride as a single.

I won't unless I am playing with someone who is uncomfortable with me not having one. Just seems kind of pointless.

I played last week and the required one during check in and in the clubhouse. After leaving the clubhouse the mask came off.

Since I’m FINALLY getting out tomorrow, I will need to wear a mask while checking in and paying, and probably if it’s full of close talkers hanging around. But once on tee, it’s gone.

Two words: carbon dioxide.

Long-term wearing increases CO2 levels in one's body, especially during exercise. Bad news for those with health issues. So a no for me, and it will be inteersting to see what my employer will require, since they are talking about reopening our office mid-June.

With the crappy masks most people are wearing, CO2 Is not an issue. If you are using one of those near perfect seal medical masks, yes, it can POSSIBLY be an issue. And those really aren’t meant to be worn for extended periods of time for that exact reason.

Not a chance!!!

When the course I play first reopened they said masks all times. I wore one at the pro shop and that's it. When I go to check in any more I no longer wear a mask and the pro shop kid takes his down when we talk.

I'm also one of those guys who puts his mask on at the last second of entering a store and then takes it off as soon as the doors open to go out. The nose never gets covered. The mask is a dirty disposable mask I've been using for a month now.

Wow state by state is so different. No masks outside of retail for me.

I carry one with me at all times. I would only wear a mask on the course if I found myself in a situation where I couldn't maintain a proper distance from other. And that's unlikely on the golf course.

Same here. I have one in my bag; will wear it when I check in or when I can't avoid getting close to people.

On the course, with my core group of social distancers, I remove the mask, because we're smart enough to stay far enough away from each other.

And without getting too deep into this, for the "I'll never wear one" people in this thread: I work with a lot of data every day, and know statistics -- if your county's rate of positives:total tests is anywhere near or above 2-3%, please wear a mask when you're close to people. This isn't the right forum to go into the scientific weeds about why, but consider that countries with mandatory mask laws are getting their summers back because they reduced the virus to near-zero. We're not.

i havent seen anybody play with a mask on during play. during the "peak" last month i wore it it once on the golf range. if it was required i would have no fits.

Required in City of LA munis...not worth the misdomeanor and 1000 fine

Attachments

• B0F3D647-5EF7-4817-9AF8-1134883420FE.jpeg
    B0F3D647-5EF7-4817-9AF8-1134883420FE.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 4AB85DCC-B608-4FC3-AE96-1418130B1530.jpeg
    4AB85DCC-B608-4FC3-AE96-1418130B1530.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 7
All city coursesB9BC48D8-F9DF-4C43-98BF-544EA9E649AD.jpeg

Mask on the course, especially if solo/with 1 other, is just as dumb as the person who wears it in their own car driving by themselves

^^^^
This!!!

No.

Hell no.

HHHHEEEELLLLLLLLL NNNOOOO!

Outdoors? In the sun? With distance between people? How ridiculous is that?

Back