Have you ever weighed your bag?

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I’m home from work today and playing with all my golf gear. I hailed on bag up from the basement to put in my van for tomorrow’s round and said, this feels heavy. So I put it on the scale....... 30.6 lbs!

now I don’t feel I have a lot in there this year (I switched to a stand bag because I’m a hoarder at times on the course and like to have everything). So my bag consists of... the bag, 14 clubs, an umbrella, about a dozen balls, a valuables pouch, a range finder, some sunscreen and big spray. Have you ever weighed you bag? I was shocked!

I feel like @B81Smith needs to “weigh” In here with his bag setup!

Not sure on actually weight, but I know my OGIO RTC bag is heaviest of the 3 stand bags I have, but I like the organization of it. I would bet it is upwards of 20 with clubs and everything in it.

Every time I pick an airline.

Mine change based on what I'm playing, so I don't actually know what mine weighs at the moment.. hold on.

edit: my daytrek 14 stand, gear, and clubs is currently just under 27 lbs. Gear is a sleeve or two of balls, tees, a few markers/divot tools, extra gloves, rain cover, 2 alignment sticks, rangefinder, mevo, protein bars, club wrench, bug wipes, towel, and brush.

Last edited:
My hard case weighs 19# and since I had to keep it under 50# today, that puts my back at 30.5#, too. I have a SM C130 cart bag, though, so I have a bunch of crap in it at times. It likely creeps up into the mid 30's in the summer, too, with all the water I carry. I could likely drop a little weight if I wouldn't carry 2 dozen balls with me all the time.

sure have. I remember the day before I played Bethpage I knew it was supposed to be 100+, so I tried to get it as light as possible without leaving myself short.

Hmm this got me thinking. I'll have to weigh my loaded bag and see where it's at.

So I’m home from work today and playing with all my golf gear. I hailed on bag up from the basement to put in my van for tomorrow’s round and said, this feels heavy. So I put it on the scale....... 30.6 lbs!

now I don’t feel I have a lot in there this year (I switched to a stand bag because I’m a hoarder at times on the course and like to have everything). So my bag consists of... the bag, 14 clubs, an umbrella, about a dozen balls, a valuables pouch, a range finder, some sunscreen and big spray. Have you ever weighed you bag? I was shocked!
Sure hope you're not carrying that bag. Better be a cart bag at that weight. Wow. Now I've got to go home and weigh mine

Last edited:
I feel like @B81Smith needs to “weigh” In here with his bag setup!
Okay I weighted it. Ping dlx cart bag. Not overly heavy on its own. Only 12 balls. Only 14 clubs. One umbrella. Using those shootzgolf tubes is why it weighs this much. I even drilled 1” holes everywhere on the tubes and then 1/2” holes everywhere in an attempt to lighten it up.
Bag weighs.......41.4 pounds lol. I would’ve guessed 60 pounds. Surprised it’s not heavier.

Don't know, but know I need to since we are supposed to fly to see the in-laws this summer. I may need to change from my cart bag to my stand bag to help cut down on the what I actually carry.

I believe the times I have weighed my carry it comes in around 28 lbs. I do my best not to carry anything I don't absolutely need, which includes an umbrella. If I get caught in the rain I am gonna be wet.

I’ve only weighed it when travelling, and that included the hard case with a few extras.
Curious now though!

Sure hope you're not carrying that bag. Better be a cart bag at that weight. Wow. No I've got to go home and weigh mine

i use a ClicGear push cart lol

I don't know the weight but it is heavy. Even more so if I don't have a cooler and put beers in the insulated pocket.

Nope. I know when I fly with it, it ranges between 55 and 75lbs including the travel case. I generally pack it with 3 pairs of shoes and rain gear, which tends to add a lot of weight.

I have realized that while my stand bag weighs about 1lb more than my sunday bag, I'm switching back to the stand bag for the sake of more pockets and comfort when carrying. The sunday bag really sucks.

It could be scary right now with having to pack a lot of ice water in it without water coolers available on the course.

Nope. It's always been under the weight limit when I check them when travelling - even with 2 pair of shoes, a bunch of extra towels, and some clothes stuffed in along with everything else.

Never weighed my bag, but damn 30lbs seems high. Can't imagine that I carry around that much weight. Now, I am interested and will weigh the bag to see.

sure have. I remember the day before I played Bethpage I knew it was supposed to be 100+, so I tried to get it as light as possible without leaving myself short.
100+* & you were playing Bethpage where you have to walk? :unsure: You're nuts! :eek: Well, it is Bethpage but still.

100+* & you were playing Bethpage where you have to walk? :unsure: You're nuts! :eek: Well, it is Bethpage but still.

heat index that day was something crazy like 108 or 114, I can't even remember, but it was so damn hot right @Scarnici

Mine doesn't feel much over 25 pounds when I sling it in and out of my car.

I haven't weighed it, but I'm sure it's well over 30 lbs. C-130 cart bag, 14 clubs and everything but the kitchen sink stuffed in the pockets.

Back