I thought the third was tough. I was on in two and with a short put then the next minute I was off the green

3rd green was very difficult. I had a field day on #8, but that was more on me.

Back 9 was much better or maybe I just hit the greens in the right spot

Thanks for the feedback. I learned a lot of what to/not to do as I went on. I'm keeping notes on what needs to be fixed and will get a new version of this out in a few weeks.

Dude, I like the course. I used driver off the first tee and the rest of the front nine it stayed in the bag. I blew up on the 10th hole and had a triple (ouch)! Love the panoramic view on the 18th. All in all, nicely done. I like the course.

18_EC.jpg

Ecko Canyon C. C..jpg

Dude, I like the course. I used driver off the first tee and the rest of the front nine it stayed in the bag. I blew up on the 10th hole and had a triple (ouch)! Love the panoramic view on the 18th. All in all, nicely done. I like the course.
I appreciate the positive feedback. (y)

The course designer is actually fairly easy to use once you learn some of the tricks. The hard part is putting in all of the details like trees, plants, rocks, etc. It's painstakingly slow to do it right.

I appreciate the positive feedback. (y)

The course designer is actually fairly easy to use once you learn some of the tricks. The hard part is putting in all of the details like trees, plants, rocks, etc. It's painstakingly slow to do it right.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the course was well laid out, and I will play it again, just stunk on some of the holes...I won't show a screen shot of the +22 round

Just given your course a try @Dartgod and other than a couple of holes where I made mistakes, I would say on the whole it is good fun

The elevation change on a couple of the par 3's really had me thinking about club selection - the first one I flew the green, but the island green I managed to hit without any trouble

I meant to grab a screenshot of the 7th hole - that is very tough as it looks like you have very little chance to get a ball to stay on the green
I hit my approach that landed short of the flag but rolled through in to the bunker, then my bunker shot just rolled straight over the green and down the slope. It then took a couple of attempts to get the ball on the green as anything slightly short just rolled back to your feet

Below is my scorecard - the 3rd hole was just a couple bad putts, the 7th I have mentioned above, then on the 18th I just caught the rough with my tee shot (darn cross-wind got me), missed the green and then hit some really crappy putts for the double
I was quite happy with the score considering the length being over 7,000 yards, but it should have really been at least 3-4 shots better

2020 05 26 Ecko Canyon.jpg

Just given your course a try @Dartgod and other than a couple of holes where I made mistakes, I would say on the whole it is good fun

The elevation change on a couple of the par 3's really had me thinking about club selection - the first one I flew the green, but the island green I managed to hit without any trouble

I meant to grab a screenshot of the 7th hole - that is very tough as it looks like you have very little chance to get a ball to stay on the green
I hit my approach that landed short of the flag but rolled through in to the bunker, then my bunker shot just rolled straight over the green and down the slope. It then took a couple of attempts to get the ball on the green as anything slightly short just rolled back to your feet

Below is my scorecard - the 3rd hole was just a couple bad putts, the 7th I have mentioned above, then on the 18th I just caught the rough with my tee shot (darn cross-wind got me), missed the green and then hit some really crappy putts for the double
I was quite happy with the score considering the length being over 7,000 yards, but it should have really been at least 3-4 shots better
Thanks, as with the others, I appreciate the feedback.

Just set a new personal best a few minutes ago.

Image46.jpg

The Links at Jeanmarie La.jpg

That's right, your eyes aren't deceiving you, a 57. :D

I need a little golf. Once it updates time to get a virtual round in. Shows how long ago it was I played.

Ok, just throwing this out there and wondering how feasible it would be

Regardless of the platform you play this on, I am making a guess that there will be a large selection of courses that are the same across each one?
How would people feel about maybe having a little bit of competition?

People could throw their name in the thread to be included, and then maybe once a week (or ever other week depending on how often people are able to play) we pick a course to play and you throw a screenshot up in the thread with your round score?
Not decided how the course would be picked, but once a course has been decided, the conditions are left at default, and the only option that is changed is to use the handicapped scoring as hopefully this will level the playing field between everyone who has been playing a while and those of us who are relatively new to it still?

Does that sound like an idea that could be worth a try for some fun and bragging rights?

Played a couple rounds on another UK course - Woodhall Spa, both the Hotchkin (named Woodhall Spa Lincolnshire in the game) and Bracken courses

2020 06 01 Woodhall Spa Lincolnshire - Gold Tees.jpg

2020 06 01 Woodhall Spa Bracken - Gold Tees.jpg

Regardless of the platform you play this on, I am making a guess that there will be a large selection of courses that are the same across each one?

People could throw their name in the thread to be included, and then maybe once a week (or ever other week depending on how often people are able to play) we pick a course to play and you throw a screenshot up in the thread with your round score?
Not decided how the course would be picked, but once a course has been decided, the conditions are left at default, and the only option that is changed is to use the handicapped scoring as hopefully this will level the playing field between everyone who has been playing a while and those of us who are relatively new to it still?

Does that sound like an idea that could be worth a try for some fun and bragging rights?
Heck yeah, I'm game.

Can't you set up a society and just say the name in the thread and we can search for it? Them we can discuss courses to add and when to play them?

Can't you set up a society and just say the name in the thread and we can search for it? Them we can discuss courses to add and when to play them?
No idea, just recently picked up the game on PC, so still getting to grips with it, but also didn't know if a society would be visible across all different platforms?

@fairwaynut @Dartgod do either of you know this?

No idea, just recently picked up the game on PC, so still getting to grips with it, but also didn't know if a society would be visible across all different platforms?

I'm trying to find the answer to that. I think you can, but can not play multiplayer games across platforms.

I'm trying to find the answer to that. I think you can, but can not play multiplayer games across platforms.
I wasn't sure after having a quick look as well

Playing across multiple platforms isn't a problem if people can post screenshots in the thread with their result

Just a quick comment about this. If you have played any of the fantasy courses, most of which have ridiculously long holes and high par numbers yet are easy to score a hole in one if you hit your tee shot to the right spot ,can really skew your handicap rating. I played a few of those early on and now my handicap is +11.3.

Just so everyone is aware.

I'm going to try setting up a society and will post the name here once it is done.

No idea on my end.

Any suggestions for a name?

@JB do you have any issues with us using Hacker's Paradise or THP in the name?

OK all, I have created a society for us call Hacker's Paradise VGC (VGC stands for Virtual Golf Club). Once we get a few people in there, I'll setup an event. The scores will be posted in the society's page, but feel free to post screenshots here as well. Nothing wrong with bragging on a good round.

I'm pretty sure this will work across all platforms. If you have a course you would like to nominate for the fist event, post it in this thread. I set it up as a private club, so let me know if you have any issues getting into it. I'm not sure how that works yet...lol.

Looking forward to some friendly virtual competition!

Back