Most forgiving 3 wood for a mid-high handicap

James is looking for some fun. I like it.
I want to know what shaft I should put into my 2004 fairway wood to make it forgiving. ;)

I want to know what shaft I should put into my 2004 fairway wood to make it forgiving. ;)

I heard if I threw a PX Evenflow in my old trusty ProStaff fairways that it boosts the moi by an enormous amount. True or false?

I heard if I threw a PX Evenflow in my old trusty ProStaff fairways that it boosts the moi by an enormous amount. True or false?
Internet true.

Physics false.

Yes. Higher launch, more spin, more forgiving. Does t have the same distance potential as the Mav Max, but distance wasn’t part of the OP’s question
HB line was full of high flyers. Got one here moon launches for days

Internet true.

Physics false.

Correct answer sir. I thought I had you for a second.

Honest Q: you mentioned the Turbo FW(driver is uber forgiving too), where would you throw EXS 220 in the mix?

Correct answer sir. I thought I had you for a second.

Honest Q: you mentioned the Turbo FW(driver is uber forgiving too), where would you throw EXS 220 in the mix?
It’s more akin to the Mav. Little more spin, than Mav so playability will increase for some, but not the same launch as HB...which HB is a LAUNCHER, so I’d call the 220 in the middle sweet spot.

It’s more akin to the Mav. Little more spin, than Mav so playability will increase for some, but not the same launch as HB...which HB is a LAUNCHER, so I’d call the 220 in the middle sweet spot.

Well played sir.

Great use of the good better best ranking. Appreciate you

I don’t know if it’s forgiving or not but I can’t hit a 3 wood and I picked up a last season exs demo 17 degree and I’m hitting it like my heaven wood but 15 yards gather. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra F8 is the best 3w I have ever used.

I hit a 4wd. Couldnt hit a three to save my life, but I can get 230 off the deck with my 4. I've hit several 4's right now I'm hitting ping and loving it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have a 3 wood from 2006 with a tiny head and outdated tech. Was never able to hit it well. I'm still a little erratic in my swing and some days it's working some days it's not. But while I continue to work on my swing I do want to purchase a new 3 wood, one that's great for those who have mishits and is forgiving. What is the best suggestion? I've heard the Titleist TS2, Cobra F-Max and Taylormade SIM MAX. Any advice would be appreciated!
Mav Max has forgiveness that I think would be just as good if not beat out the ones you listed here

I hit a 4wd. Couldnt hit a three to save my life, but I can get 230 off the deck with my 4. I've hit several 4's right now I'm hitting ping and loving it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
A lot of people who struggle with fairway woods could benefit from going to 16-17 degree 4w/3hl

This thread looks like a sales pitch for the Mav Max 3W. Disclaimer - I haven't hit it. Can't hit it because golf stores are "non-essential businesses".

I've had a total of three different 5 different 3W. A persimmon 3W; a Cobra Amp Cell that I really couldn't hit; A Cobra BioCell 3W that I could hit off the tee well; A Callaway Epic Flash 3+ that I could hit off the tee but not off the turf; and the Cobra F9 3W.

I'm 67 years old. I still manage a decent driver SS around 90 mph. It's adjustable. It's 14.5 degrees standard, but I have mine set at 15.5 degrees neutral. You can adjust it up to 16 degrees. It has draw bias adjustments that I don't use. The baffler rails on the bottom of the club really help with turf interaction. So don't rule this out even though it is last year's model. Cobra still has them in stock for $189 and free shipping.

The most forgiving 3-wood for those who struggle with this club is imo the 5-wood. I know many low markers (including me) who will choose the 5-wood if there is any doubt regarding the 3-wood.
Confidence breeds success, success breeds confidence in golf.

This is straight fire! I hit a 3w off the deck 50/50 and when I do if it goes 200 yds Im lucky. I switched to a 5w and consistently hit it 200 and can get it 229 when its hit on the screws!

TEE HL4 fairway were really easy to hit and have UST shafts in them.

I actually want to throw a vote for the 17 - 20° hybrids.

I have just received the Callaway Super Hybrid and so far the club has been money and very versatile for all places on the course.

Hello,

I have a 3 wood from 2006 with a tiny head and outdated tech. Was never able to hit it well. I'm still a little erratic in my swing and some days it's working some days it's not. But while I continue to work on my swing I do want to purchase a new 3 wood, one that's great for those who have mishits and is forgiving. What is the best suggestion? I've heard the Titleist TS2, Cobra F-Max and Taylormade SIM MAX. Any advice would be appreciated!
Would love to learn more, but from what you've said it seems like where you contact on the face is variable, which suggests you'd benefit from a club with a big head that is hot over as much of the face as possible. Several of the suggestions fit that bill.

I'd love to know how much you use your 3 wood off the tee, in the fairway and out of the rough. Some 3W have a big deep face but won't get up in the air off a tight lie in the fairway unless you hit down on it with ball then turf contact. Some are better at getting through the rough, or if that's where you spend a fair amount of your time, might suggest a 3 hybrid as a better choice. Some are great fairway finders off the tee, but not be as stellar with inconsistent face contact off of tight lies.

I’ll say it again.

For what the OP is asking for, it’ll be hard to beat the Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo.

Forgiving? I’d look hard at the Cleveland Launcher HB. Easy to launch, SUPER forgiving, and affordable.
l
Here’s another vote for the Cleveland Launcher HB. Were I not playing the Cobra Speedzone 3W as part of my MC bag, I would likely have the Cleveland in my bag. Easy to launch definitely describes the Cleveland. And it’s less expensive than most for a new, current release.

A lot of people who struggle with fairway woods could benefit from going to 16-17 degree 4w/3hl
I'm hoping the M4 3W HL at 16.5 does the trick for me. Will test it out tomorrow. (y)

I assume the 3-wood for you is a distance-eater. You probably aren't going to be shooting into greens with it. Try skipping it and buying a 5-wood. You won't get that much less distance, and you will hit many more good shots up the fairway with it.

Back