Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say it. I wish people cared 10% as much about the flu each year as they do this.
And before the brigade of "its not the same" comes out, I never said that and in fact if you go through this thread you will see from the beginning I said it was quite different.

As many here know, I have been a proponent of fist bumping instead of shaking for years. Why? Because people are ******* disgusting. Its not because I dont like them, its because I just watched them hold their cock in their hands to pee in the woods and then want to shake my hand or blow their nose into their sleeve and then want to hug.

It's cool, I am fine with it, but if people cared one iota about other contagious things instead of nothing, thousands of lives would be saved each year, right?

Personal hygiene is pathetic and I complete agree that not only due to the annual flu, but in general people wake up to simple things like regular hand washing, alternatives to shaking hands, etc.

I'll say it. I wish people cared 10% as much about the flu each year as they do this.
And before the brigade of "its not the same" comes out, I never said that and in fact if you go through this thread you will see from the beginning I said it was quite different.

As many here know, I have been a proponent of fist bumping instead of shaking for years. Why? Because people are ******* disgusting. Its not because I dont like them, its because I just watched them hold their cock in their hands to pee in the woods and then want to shake my hand or blow their nose into their sleeve and then want to hug.

It's cool, I am fine with it, but if people cared one iota about other contagious things instead of nothing, thousands of lives would be saved each year, right?

I'm thinking we'll have less flu this year if we learn the little things, like taking sanitizing wipes into the woods and then - use them.

I mean, I am no spring chicken, and I was taught to wash, then pee, then wash again. I am constantly amazed over my lifetime as to how many guys only do the pee part and then, OMG, they use the door handle - I never use the door handle in or out, or I use a towel.

Personal hygiene is pathetic and I complete agree that not only due to the annual flu, but in general people wake up to simple things like regular hand washing, alternatives to shaking hands, etc.

When do you think the last time we heard anybody on the news say "Thousands of People die each year so wash your hands and cover your damn mouth". It makes me so sad.

I'm thinking we'll have less flu this year if we learn the little things, like taking sanitizing wipes into the woods and then - use them.

We will have way less flu this year. Everybody has been stuck inside.
Also way less auto accidents.

Wonder if we can get more refunds from the auto insurance companies .... nah...

When do you think the last time we heard anybody on the news say "Thousands of People die each year so wash your hands and cover your damn mouth". It makes me so sad.

Wooo boy. I couldn't agree with this more.

If you want to scare the hell out of yourself, read data on hospital-acquired infections due to poor handwashing.

We still could have shared that ice cream a few years ago......

Wooo boy. I couldn't agree with this more.

If you want to scare the hell out of yourself, read data on hospital-acquired infections due to poor handwashing.

When I was practicing estate planning and they told me a client went into the hospital, I said "oh, no, they are dead" or phoned them and told them to get the heck outta there asap. Some died of you guessed it, hospital-acquired infections.

Yuck! There’s nothing worse than Typhoid Mary sitting one cube over at work coughing away and then going to the coffee machine, fridge, sink, printer, and germing everything up. Part of it is corporate culture, but hopefully we’ll have increased general awareness from management and employees in the future.

My friend the immunologist actually thinks the common flu is going to be very bad. Due to everyone being inside. Part of what keeps many sicknesses at bay is that our bodies are constantly attacked. If we create super sterile environments we are less exposed and therefore less strong. I have no idea if that is right or not but it does make sense.

So maybe your friend peeing the woods is doing you a kindness.. :ROFLMAO:

its because I just watched them hold their cock in their hands to pee in the woods and then want to shake my hand or blow their nose into their sleeve and then want to hug.
This was literally me.

I do have sanitizer in the bag for such scenarios though :).

My friend the immunologist actually thinks the common flu is going to be very bad. Due to everyone being inside. Part of what keeps many sicknesses at bay is that our bodies are constantly attacked. If we create super sterile environments we are less exposed and therefore less strong. I have no idea if that is right or not but it does make sense.

So maybe your friend peeing the woods is doing you a kindness.. :ROFLMAO:

Its possible later in the year, but less people exposed to one another, makes it harder to transmit.

Never on the news. Outside of my mother and teachers are school reminding me as a child, not sure I've heard anyone reminding people.

This was literally me.

I do have sanitizer in the bag for such scenarios though :).

That doesn't make it better for me Obedt :ROFLMAO:

When I was practicing estate planning and they told me a client went into the hospital, I said "oh, no, they are dead" or phoned them and told them to get the heck outta there asap. Some died of you guessed it, hospital-acquired infections.
True that, there's no worse place for a sick person than the hospital, or maybe a locker room (speaking of gyms reopening). One of those dirty little secrets nobody wants to talk about is how much staph and other germs basically become embedded in those places. You can't get rid of it. I've seen some that bring in a crew and basically nuke a locker room from space with toxic levels of bleach and a month later they'll have another outbreak. You want to stay healthy? A good start is to never go in a hospital or gym.

Never on the news. Outside of my mother and teachers are school reminding me as a child, not sure I've heard anyone reminding people.

Yet literally thousands die from it every single year.
I am not sure why this is different (I mean I know its different), but the angry mobs kicking people out of stores, etc. Its nuts, and in my opinion the media should be ashamed with how they handled it. Headlines like "Its official, come home from WWII, and die from Virus" or "Virus kills more than Vietnam war" make me ******* sick. So do many things each year, but its so disgusting.

You mean triple the population since that time causes more numbers? Crazy. Wait 10 years and the common cold will kill more too.

One of those dirty little secrets nobody wants to talk about is how much staph and other germs basically become embedded in those places. You can't get rid of it....You want to stay healthy? A good start is to never go in a hospital or gym.

Well, yes and no.

It is true that hospitals are great places to get sick. However, they're also great places to get well.

Well, yes and no.

It is true that hospitals are great places to get sick. However, they're also great places to get well.

Also broke. Don't forget go broke too. :ROFLMAO:

There's a pretty good Times article (is that a no-no MSM, I'm not sure what's ok and not ok in the US) about naming of viruses and origin counties. I won't post it as it has political figures named. It also touches on the Spanish flu bases and why it goes by that, though in Spain they call it the French flu and shockingly enough, it never actually originated in Spain....

Yes, it did not originate in Spain. And I assume you know why based on your comment. But for those who don't know why it was called the Spanish Flu, it was because of wartime restrictions on what could be reported by many countries. The existence of the flu was, in essence, censored. And, it was the Spanish Press, as Spain was not involved in WWI, that freely reported the existence of the flu in 1918.

I've worked primarily from home for 10 years.

Take Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, among others --

I've been blessed with avoiding illness, except for the time I went to MA for a seminar with people from 120 Countries and they did not use a sneeze guard on the food - caught pneumonia. That was hell.

Yet literally thousands die from it every single year.
I am not sure why this is different (I mean I know its different), but the angry mobs kicking people out of stores, etc. Its nuts, and in my opinion the media should be ashamed with how they handled it. Headlines like "Its official, come home from WWII, and die from Virus" or "Virus kills more than Vietnam war" make me ******* sick. So do many things each year, but its so disgusting.

You mean triple the population since that time causes more numbers? Crazy. Wait 10 years and the common cold will kill more too.

Yes, saw that on twitter ... so misleading.

But I lost faith in most people long ago until I meet them. I deal with complainers, liars, and lawyers on a daily basis - time for a golf break.

Yes, saw that on twitter ... so misleading.

But I lost faith in most people long ago until I meet them. I deal with complainers, liars, and lawyers on a daily basis - time for a golf break.

Actually it was a headline in the LA Times on Apple News

So many jokes to be said about that last sentence...Must refrain :D

Actually it was a headline in the LA Times on Apple News

So many jokes to be said about that last sentence...Must refrain :D

Yes, I did that purposely ...

but saw the people running the non-masked and the toll of the dead in wars on twitter. Twitter sees all, apparently.

Our gym opens today. Increased sanitation measures by gym staff, enforced distancing and reminders to wash hands and wipe down your machines before and after use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back