The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Now figure out where you can actually play the games. And all players out of country need to return to be tested/quarantine. So many things need to happen before this is real.

Sounds like NHL will be back in action by early June(y)

Looks promising. Hope they can work everything out.

Going to be the downer here, but have a really hard time getting excited about hockey in July and August.

I'm definitely in baseball mode...wwantin' to see my Twins win Title #4, butbut this hockey coming back will be ver interesting. (y)

Sounding like this is going to happen - won't start until JULY, though. o_O

My team will face Van in the first round.

My city is in the running to be one of the host cities. (y)

I guess there will be no fans?

Going to be the downer here, but have a really hard time getting excited about hockey in July and August.
I can understand that... but my vacation plans got cancelled so I’ll have some time on my hands. Plus, hockey.

I must say, hats off to Bettman, the NHLPA and all those involved. They put together a plan that is doable, looks exciting and seems pretty dang fair. How awesome is the round robin going to be to determine seeding? Top 4 teams going at it early in the playoffs! Also think it's cool that they are not waiting to do the Draft, my Ducks were terrible and I want to know when we draft!!

CBJ!!!

Vs Toronto.

Yeah, I was hoping for any other matchup than that one. Although CBJ did whoop the Lightning last year. Seth Jones, Bjorkstrand, Texier, and Anderson should be healed up and ready to go! I would assume there's a high probability Columbus could be a host city for the playoffs.

I must say, hats off to Bettman, the NHLPA and all those involved. They put together a plan that is doable, looks exciting and seems pretty dang fair. How awesome is the round robin going to be to determine seeding? Top 4 teams going at it early in the playoffs! Also think it's cool that they are not waiting to do the Draft, my Ducks were terrible and I want to know when we draft!!

I think they devised a clever way to have all teams involved play meaningful games right out of the gate. The round robin for seeding for the top 4 teams is interesting but unlike any other year, there is no home ice advantage on the line.

Yeah, I was hoping for any other matchup than that one. Although CBJ did whoop the Lightning last year. Seth Jones, Bjorkstrand, Texier, and Anderson should be healed up and ready to go! I would assume there's a high probability Columbus could be a host city for the playoffs.
I think it’s going to be a great series! Both hungry teams!

I'm wondering how things are looking at the league office now. You got Auston Matthews testing positive for CV19, the Lightning coming up positive and more uncertainty looming. Certainly not ideal.

I'm wondering how things are looking at the league office now. You got Auston Matthews testing positive for CV19, the Lightning coming up positive and more uncertainty looming. Certainly not ideal.
I think all leagues at this point are committed to playing this year. Sure, players in every league hockey included are going to have players test positive as they go thru the year. The question is how the teams handle it and how they play when losing players because of the virus. My guess you see a decent portion of players test positive. Say 2-5% throughout each league. Basketball will be interesting since they seemed to be the only league going full bubble.

Any comments on the selections for the Hockey Hall of Fame? No surprise in Hossa and Iginla. Doug Wilson and Kevin Lowe are interesting. Wilson because he was overshadowed by the likes of Coffey, Bourque and Rod Langway among others as a top defenseman of his era. And I didn't know if Lowe would have been hindered by being another member of the great Edmonton team.

I don't understand at all why they are going to come back at this point.

Stanley Cup Finals would long be over at this point in a regular season.

You would think the players would want to be doing the family thing at this point?

Any comments on the selections for the Hockey Hall of Fame? No surprise in Hossa and Iginla. Doug Wilson and Kevin Lowe are interesting. Wilson because he was overshadowed by the likes of Coffey, Bourque and Rod Langway among others as a top defenseman of his era. And I didn't know if Lowe would have been hindered by being another member of the great Edmonton team.

Mogilny should be in. No question. He should have been in years ago. I'd exclude Lowe for another year to get Mogilny in. :angry:

The Blackhawks are now facing pressure to change their name and logo.
Once their sponsors put pressure on them like they did the Redskins, it's game over.

I'm guessing they will just change to Chicago "Hawks", which wouldn't be drredful, I guess.

Or how about "Black Hawks"? There you go...:ROFLMAO:

Back