Lake Tahoe Open III - Nor Cal Outing

Evening all,

I just notified Adam that I need to drop.

Thankfully, the Covid-19 issue isn't any big deal to us, our jobs are fine. Unfortunately, our daughter can't say the same thing. Who would think that a pediatric cardiologist would be unemployed? With the current pandemic, hospitals are not posting job openings and her fellowship ends in June.

The good news is she might be able to stay with the hospital for a short time.

The bad news is that we're going to have to start paying her med school loan. :oops:

We've started moving funds around and with the equivalent of a 3rd mortgage payment looming it just doesn't make sense to have extra expenses.

I told Adam to hang onto my deposit to help cover his costs but knowing him he'll probably just roll it into the event.

Looking forward to following along!

Evening all,

Thankfully, the Covid-19 issue isn't any big deal to us, our jobs are fine. Unfortunately, our daughter can't say the same thing. Who would think that a pediatric cardiologist would be unemployed? With the current pandemic, hospitals are not posting job openings and her fellowship ends in June.

The bad news is that we're going to have to start paying her med school loan. :oops:

We've started moving funds around and with the equivalent of a 3rd mortgage payment looming it just doesn't make sense to have extra expenses.

I told Adam to hang onto my deposit to help cover his costs but knowing him he'll probably just roll it into the event.

I am so sorry to hear this Don. Hopefully things change for your family soon

Evening all,

Bummer! Will miss catching up!

Evening all,

Sorry to hear this Don! Was looking forward to the catch up! I'm sure she will be landing a job in no time! When one door closes behind 2 more open up in front!

Trying to get a next updated # on participants. With a handful dropping out we are going to be looking at 8-12 this time around. No worries it will still be a blast and I will still honor the prize that someone will win their free round at Edgewood.

Trying to get a next updated # on participants. With a handful dropping out we are going to be looking at 8-12 this time around. No worries it will still be a blast and I will still honor the prize that someone will win their free round at Edgewood.
I think 8-12 is probably going to be the sweet spot w/ what’s going on this year.

The question now becomes if "Mr. Big Time" is confirmed part of that 8-12?
Signs Point to Yes.....today. The big obstacle is going to be getting the wife to sign off on the plane travel. Its still 3 months away so a lot of time for the fears to hopefully begin to subside.

Signs Point to Yes.....today. The big obstacle is going to be getting the wife to sign off on the plane travel. Its still 3 months away so a lot of time for the fears to hopefully begin to subside.
Will get there eventually! Airports are still abandoned mostly.... and I personally expect that to continue

8/12 might work for me. Is there still space?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yah I know sorry man! We should still just get together for a round
For sure, I moved to Burlingame right before the SIP, so I'm a little closer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Will get there eventually! Airports are still abandoned mostly.... and I personally expect that to continue

I’m going to do everything I can to get there.....except drive. But my ticket is booked & hopefully the numbers start to drop so I have a case w/ the better half.

Adam, I'd be honored to make another trek to Lake Tahoe but it's not in the cards this year. I wore my Edgewood polo today and one of the guys asked about golfing out there. I gushed about your event, playing the courses, the general area, and bears checking out the garbage cans in the AM.

Another trip to Sand Valley also may not happen this year. Strange times. Our summer solstice adventure is walking four rounds on the same day. The course has 5 tee boxes and we're playing 4 of them. Tips at 7,300 is first. 2nd round is 7,000 yards. 3rd is 6,500 and 4th is 6,150. Joining the Lake Tahoe Open III would be more fun (and less painful)!!!! Advil & Tito's FTW.

Adam, I'd be honored to make another trek to Lake Tahoe but it's not in the cards this year. I wore my Edgewood polo today and one of the guys asked about golfing out there. I gushed about your event, playing the courses, the general area, and bears checking out the garbage cans in the AM.

Another trip to Sand Valley also may not happen this year. Strange times. Our summer solstice adventure is walking four rounds on the same day. The course has 5 tee boxes and we're playing 4 of them. Tips at 7,300 is first. 2nd round is 7,000 yards. 3rd is 6,500 and 4th is 6,150. Joining the Lake Tahoe Open III would be more fun (and less painful)!!!! Advil & Tito's FTW.
74BCA9F0-08DB-4367-BE26-511475E404C8.gif

I’m going to do everything I can to get there.....except drive. But my ticket is booked & hopefully the numbers start to drop so I have a case w/ the better half.
Well, damn, I was going to tell you to drive up through Kansas. ;) Seriously though, driving has crossed my mind but 24 hours of driving is :sick::sick::sick:

Well, damn, I was going to tell you to drive up through Kansas. ;) Seriously though, driving has crossed my mind but 24 hours of driving is :sick::sick::sick:
I don't know where you are at in Kansas, but I've made the drive from northern OK several times. Pretty rough when you go straight through, but break it up with an overnight in Grand Junction, CO and its a nice road trip. :drinks:

I don't know where you are at in Kansas, but I've made the drive from northern OK several times. Pretty rough when you go straight through, but break it up with an overnight in Grand Junction, CO and its a nice road trip. :drinks:
I might just look at that option. (y)

Evening all,

Dang, DT sorry to hear that! I'm sure our paths will cross at some point in the future since I plan on being here for the next few years. Certainly hope your daughter is able to get another job soon!

I drove from Orlando to Temple Hills, MD once. 14 hour shot. Guess what I did the following day? SLEPT. Needless to say, the last thing you'd be wanting to do is play golf after a road trip like that!

Back