Youtube video preference

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Youtube videos. Love them. Hate them. It's easy to go down a rabbit hole watching them.

What's your preference when watching a video?

Some people talk very slow... in their videos.
I find this annoying. Speak faster please. Watching a video on sock folding don't @ me.:twist: And the woman in the video... oh man. It was painful. She was slow. And yes, I fold my socks in one of the 6 ways in the video.

Some videos have no talking. The creator does their thing and there's no explanation.
Sometimes this is good to me but I like to know what they're doing. Explain in the comments section or something.

Music. Ugh. Sometimes the videos have music... to me this can be annoying. I watch metal and wood working videos at times. A lot of times they have metal music playing. It's not my genre anymore so I'm put off by it.

YouTube videos can be very educational, I like youtube.
No talking with music or no music, i don’t know about that I don’t think I’d watch. I’d rather they something if I’m watching something instructional.

I like YouTube. But it has to be the right personality and presenter. I’ll shut it down pretty quick if I can’t handle the style... super low tolerance because there are probably 3 other decent choices.

I like to watch Chef John and turn his videos to .75 or even .50...best laugh of the day when I need it :)

Try to stay away as much as possible. I watch some rick shiels during lunch.

To me it all depends on what I'm watching the video for. If it's for instruction on something, I want talking along with the demonstration. If it's for entertainment, music and/or talking may or may not be appropriate - or may not be my type of music or whatever. What drives me nuts is a 24 minute video full of bloviating and drivel to cover something that could have been covered in 5 minutes (*cough* Mark Crossfield *cough*).

Music in general is mostly a horrible idea for any youtube video on a product or method.

I watch youtube videos almost every day though, and mostly like like what I come across. I think people realize pretty quickly what people like to watch/listen to and what they don't. Like, I just checked the views on my videos, and apparently my putting method, dealing with club issues, and nasty shots into the wind are what people like watching me do the most. lol So now I know that.

I watch stuff on Youtube daily. Its mostly music since I like to watch/listen to music videos and stuff. Not much to complain about there. Same with watching Britcoms and other movies on Youtube.

When It comes to other content sometimes its painful. Many videos take 2 minutes to get to the content because we have to hear about subscribing, their patreon, and other "updates" about their channel. Then it gets worse with the tutorial videos say for coding where they speak English as a 2nd language, fairly well, but they put on this exaggerated/game show host type accent which makes them sound ridiculous and I don't want to follow along.

Back