Best Feeling/Sounding Irons You Have Ever Hit?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Now, we know Sound IS Feel, but what are the best feeling/sounding irons you have ever hit or played? Out of all styles.

• Staff
For me it’s easy, the one set I should have never gotten rid of, Miura CB57’s.

• Staff
Hogan Apex Forged for me. The old hot knife through soft butter......when hit on the sweet spot..Great distance too.
I’ve got a feeling we get a lot of answers that are the old Hogan Apex lines, legendary feel.

Loving my Srixons. The 785s are sweet when pured. I might have done that once...

I havent hit as many as most here but I love the sound and feel off my Srixon 565's. Best I have ever hit.

Srixon Z-Forged

Mizuno MP4

• Staff
Titleist 690 mb. Just the finest iron I have ever struck.

Apex mb.

Oddity aside. I’m playing mp-18 mmc and they do the intended job as a middle of road iron but feel is not their strength — a little harsh even at times. mp-20 line is much improved in sound; mmc a little more forgiving. jpx919 tour is nice feeling too. And yet for all the mizuno feel hype I wouldn’t put any of them as best feeling. I still would love playing any of them.☕

Apex mb.

Oddity aside. I’m playing mp-18 mmc and they do the intended job as a middle of road iron but feel is not their strength — a little harsh even at times. mp-20 line is much improved in sound; mmc a little more forgiving. jpx919 tour is nice feeling too. And yet for all the mizuno feel hype I wouldn’t put any of them as best feeling. I still would love playing any of them.☕
MP18 SC are where all the feel is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

What I’m playing right now Srixon z565.
I will say this though I haven’t tried a lot of other irons.

What I’m playing right now Srixon z565.
I will say this though I haven’t tried a lot of other irons.
I have trouble finding faults in these or the 765's compared to what I've played before. Hitting more greens and have more confidence in my irons than ever before.

1968 model Haig Ultras

For me it’s a probable tie between MP-33 and Bridgestone J15MB. Perfect strikes were like no ball was there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hogan Apex Edge Pro

It’s a typo and you knew it was.
No, I was really trying to figure it out. Feek or deep, I could imagine, but I couldn't figure out how you could have hit a t instead of an l when they're on opposite sides of the keyboard. I apologize.

I miss the CRACK of a Persimmon Driver. To me, that is the sound of golf. As for Irons, my faves were my original Hogan Edges. Even with the harder balls of the day, they were butter. If you got it right, it was like there was no feel- it was like a practice swing.

I had a set of Blade Golf TF1s from years ago that were pure butter. I never quite had the game for them.

I flushed a Hogan ICON 4 iron this week that made my legs weak.

Back