Is Callaway in trouble

when I hear “I just don’t like X golf company” I always wonder why? Sure I have my brand preferences. I am sure we all do knowingly or otherwise. But, there is not a single company I dislike...

Yes, I could play a Callaway bag and be happy; the same with several other companies.

I'm waiting at work for my Epic Flash 3 wood to arrive, screw that article.:)

I read the article and don't agree at all. A direct quote Toulon Putters also cost about twice as much as a Scotty Cameron putter – the most prized brand in putters – so I’m not even sure who the market is for a Toulon putter. This is laughable. Plenty of Toulon's out there, and they're quality putters. Callaway is not in danger more than any other major golf brand. This is exactly why a "layperson" shouldn't be writing, reporting, or sharing their opinion on something they know nothing about.
I was just going to post about this. Has the dude even looked at prices. Toulon and Cameron costs are very comparable. Nice research. Twice as much?? C'mon.

Definitely some internet click bate and some really weak arguments. I'd argue Callaway was kind of the club world last 3-5 years, and have come back toward the field a bit (or the field has caught up) but in no way, shape, or form are they going out.

I was just going to post about this. Has the dude even looked at prices. Toulon and Cameron costs are very comparable. Nice research. Twice as much?? C'mon.

So, toulon's cost $800? Maybe if you get every possible custom option.

It's a golf piece that reads like any of the baseless political hit job pieces nowadays. Make up whatever, publish or leak it, pretend it's credible. Guessing a Titleist aficionado is responsible for dumping this pile of poo.

Make no mistake, Toulon was intended to be Callaway’s version of Scotty Cameron. And while they may both be putter-designing savants for all I know, only one of them will be around in a couple of years.

Now I can't get enough of these hot takes hahaha

havent read it yet, but after a few quotes so far in this thread, don't think I need to haha, but this take.... I mean, cmon. just horrible

This article seems to miss the mark completely.

There has been a ton of change in personnel at Callaway recently, and even in overall ownership, but as of right now their products are not an issue at all.

Foolish article filled with garbage. I have never seen a new, current model SC putter priced at half of what a Toulon costs. Just garbage.

dd anyone catch the comments? haha some of them are quite funny

He's just a guy with an opinion. I can find nothing that would qualify him to be anything more. I had never heard of Fansided before but it is quite a network of some 300 websites!

I just found this article. The author seems to think they are.. I disagree with many of his points, and wonder what his axe is. But, I thought it would make for a very interesting conversation here.

Definitely made some points. It'll be interesting to see the way it's responded to here.

Who even is West Valentine?
and this - "The good folks at MyGolfSpy.com were doing what they do"
:rolleyes:

After reading the thread, it sounds like my time was better spent here than trying to read the article:LOL: I also love my Toulon putter and good luck getting it out of the bag

This is very subjective criticism. Just because the author may not like Callaway products does not portend trouble for the whole company.

The number of wrong assumptions that are fundamental to his argument is large. Not a great article but eh, who cares.

I was going to read the article, but before the meat comes there's this;

Callaway Golf is trying very hard to become the next MacGregor. The company continues to miss the mark on products, branding, and quality.

Wait what?
Just looked at this post prior to clicking it. Yeah I'll pass on reading it lol. MacGregor? Is this guy stuck in the 70s and 80s and even then...lol

This is very subjective criticism. Just because the author may not like Callaway products does not portend trouble for the whole company.

Agreed, There is not more than anecdotal thoughts. Nothing even specific enough to call evidence. Toulons are too expensive. Well I have seen a number of them sold. The rogue hit balls in trees. Ok, name one driver that has never had a ball go into the trees. Off center cores, this has been discussed at length and is really old news and has been addressed.

The rogue hit balls in trees. Ok, name one driver that has never had a ball go into the trees.

I thought he was talking about the irons at that point. I dunno...

He must have seen the Do You Have a Controversial Golf Take? thread title and been inspired.

This is terrible. I’m not reading this article solely based on the comments :LOL:

Axe to grind for sure

I read the article & wish I didn't. This guy for some reason has a serious chip on his shoulder towards them. Maybe he lost a tournament by using 1 of the old off center balls?

If the premise for his article had been Callaway is in trouble because Harry and some other really talented people left the company, he might MIGHT have something. It's hard to replace people who are that exceptional and not have a hiccup but I don't know that Callaway has lost a step because of that.

Going the way he did, not much substance.

Back