Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
While people are being devastated financially and emotionally by the continued lockdown Cuomo decides to bring on his mask “experts” to lecture New Yorkers on the need to wear masks and to praise him as a “rock star”. This was before he dropped the bomb on Counties that met the phase two criteria and were prepared to open and businesses that are hanging on by a thread that thought they could open today that he will not allow them to open. He now needs experts to now take two weeks to decide if people can open their businesses and go back to work. Not sure who the experts are and whether or not they include. Chris Rock and Rosie Perez. Imagine being a business owner in NY struggling to survive and having to watch that yesterday only later in the day Or this morning to find out the shutdown will continue until some unnamed unelected experts decide whether or not your business will survive. Thats what many in New York woke up to this morning. They thought they could open and have a chance to save their businesses and go back to work. View attachment 8946276

Admittedly, getting a bit tired of Cuomo. Takes himself too seriously at times, loses connection and perspective. But that is not uncommon wiith any politico.

Apparently foreign Countries and their “experts” will decide if New York Counties that have met the “criteria” they were previously told they needed to meet to open will at some distant date decide whether people in New York will be “allowed” to open their businesses. BA902C85-BDF6-44CC-B5AB-FFAE5A73B1E3.png

This is crazy, 4 cases and they lockdown again.

Well if you factor in their population, that is a worse infection rate than LA County. Also, while LA County has the most deaths in CA, they have a fraction of the infection rate compared to a few other counties in CA.

When the narrative falls apart, the next play in the playbook is to lie.

Apparently foreign Countries and their “experts” will decide if New York Counties that have met the “criteria” they were previously told they needed to meet to open will at some distant date decide whether people in New York will be “allowed” to open their businesses. View attachment 8946310
Not a fan.

I got my haircut yesterday. They jacked up the prices by about 1/3. They didn't do certain services, like shaving the neck (WTH?). They checked temps, made you sign in and give your phone number, required customers to wear face masks and wash their hands. It was so worth it.

YAAAS. My local course updated their voicemail from “closed indefinitely” to “waiting to hear when they can open”!

Well if you factor in their population, that is a worse infection rate than LA County. Also, while LA County has the most deaths in CA, they have a fraction of the infection rate compared to a few other counties in CA.
Where do you see that their infection rate is a fraction to a few other counties? I just happen to be looking at LA County due to my company’s new personal travel policy and I have an employee that wants to head that way this weekend and my HR is telling him he shouldn’t. If I could find your numbers, it might help? From what I see, LA County is only second in the state in infections per 100k to Imperial County. This is the website that they told me to use when approving time off requests for people traveling outside my county.image.jpg

Just finished getting a haircut. My barber still shaves the neck, and no rise in price. This thing kinda makes you think about what you take for granted...like getting a haircut, or playing a round of golf. I am grateful for both.

ps: surprised they cancelled the John Deere, which wasn't until July. Silly in my opinion.

When the narrative falls apart, the next play in the playbook is to lie.

Trying to understand the argument here... I mean, we know about pneumonia, common cold, flu, etc. and have medication to help rid ourselves of it.

But we don't know much about Covid and have no preventative except distancing and masks, and staying outside and limited periods inside.

I'm all for opening up gradually and respectfully, but I'm not sure of this comparison. I've had pneumonia recently, have had the flu and vacciine beforehand (but no flu vax for me recently) antibiotiics and medication get you through it. There is no real vaccine or remedy for this, which if we dropped distancing and masks and return too 100k people screaming in a stadium, I don't think the afteraffects would be pretty. Just trying to understand here.

Last edited:
That is not a worse infection rate. Also, still only 4 cases, some states just want to stay closed.

Where do you see that their infection rate is a fraction to a few other counties? I just happen to be looking at LA County due to my company’s new personal travel policy and I have an employee that wants to head that way this weekend and my HR is telling him he shouldn’t. If I could find your numbers, it might help? From what I see, LA County is only second in the state in infections per 100k to Imperial County. This is the website that they told me to use when approving time off requests for people traveling outside my county.View attachment 8946321

Is AOL Mail still a thing? :eek:

Is AOL Mail still a thing? :eek:
Obviously! They can take my aol address from me about the time they raid my house to take my guns ;)

I think your "facts" are slightly off. The CDC disagrees with your data.
A simple calculation... according to Google the population of Lassen county is 30,573 (as of 2019). 4 cases would give an infection rate per 100,000 of 13. According to the CDC the infection rate of LA county is 496 per 100,000. Somehow I think 496 is greater than 13 but that just may be my opinion.

While people are being devastated financially and emotionally by the continued lockdown Cuomo decides to bring on his mask “experts” to lecture New Yorkers on the need to wear masks and to praise him as a “rock star”. This was before he dropped the bomb on Counties that met the phase two criteria and were prepared to open and businesses that are hanging on by a thread that thought they could open today that he will not allow them to open. He now needs experts to now take two weeks to decide if people can open their businesses and go back to work. Not sure who the experts are and whether or not they include. Chris Rock and Rosie Perez. Imagine being a business owner in NY struggling to survive and having to watch that yesterday only later in the day Or this morning to find out the shutdown will continue until some unnamed unelected experts decide whether or not your business will survive. Thats what many in New York woke up to this morning. They thought they could open and have a chance to save their businesses and go back to work. View attachment 8946276
@Jgonz69 - notice how I respond to a political comment about Cuomo, and @JB immediately responds to reprimand me to not discuss politics, but here you have a whole page of posts discussing politics and not a peep ...

@Jgonz69 - notice how I respond to a political comment about Cuomo, and @JB immediately responds to reprimand me to not discuss politics, but here you have a whole page of posts discussing politics and not a peep ...
I believe JBs comments are a reminder for everyone..

Politics im simply stating the facts. Nothing more nothing less. No politics invoved nor did i state a political position. If you are ok with this feel free to attempt to make a valid point but dont claim me stating what is going on and posting what Cuomo said as being political.

went in for car service today, zero masks. We are ripe for a bloom if it's going to happen.

Yet he strangely seems to pick mine to reply rather than others more than a couple of times.

Oh, don't take it personally unless he makes it personal to your comments. You will notice a difference.

Just try to generalize so it is not political.

Politics im simply stating the facts. Nothing more nothing less. No politics invoved nor did i state a political position. If you are ok with this feel free to attempt to make a valid point but dont claim me stating what is going on and posting what Cuomo said as being political.
I don't mind what you said at all. But it absolutely was political. You were criticizing the NY governor's political decisions. In a mocking way. OK with me.

went in for car service today, zero masks. We are ripe for a bloom if it's going to happen.

It's Texas, you are in Waco. I haven't noticed that many people coughing, sticking close to each other or talking loudly in Dallas suburbs. Don't know about Waco, but not many cases there, it seems.

I don't mind what you said at all. But it absolutely was political. You were criticizing the NY governor's political decisions. In a mocking way. OK with me.
As someone with a business hurt by his actions i am as the thread title suggests commenting on what is happening here locally. Mocking him, no im not mocking him. Im offering fair comment on what he is doing. If you believe its appropriate under these circumstances to bring in Chris Rock and Rosie Perez to lecture you you certainly have that right. If you find it amusing when the Governor mocks the kid at spring break who said he wasnt worried about the Corona virus and Chris Rock says “he is dead” and Cuomo laughs hysterically and says you wont see that video anymore that is your right, just as its my right to think his actions are wrong. I would feel the same regardless of his political affiliation . If you are ok with the nursing home fiasco that is your right and defend him if you wish. This isnt me questioning his politics its me making valid points as to my feelings about his actions adversely impacting many.

It's Texas, you are in Waco. I haven't noticed that many people coughing, sticking close to each other or talking loudly in Dallas suburbs. Don't know about Waco, but not many cases there, it seems.

one of the lowest per capita rates in the country for similarly sized cities.

Couple of things.
1. It was a reminder to all.

2. I have been on a plane.

Nobody here would think after reading my posts I agree much with Cuomo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back