Trying To Break 90 Club

45/46 today for what felt like initially not a good round as I made some really bad shots on the back 9. But, when I looked back at Arccos data, I had my highest number of pars in a round with 6 pars today. :cool:

Making progress and feeling good aside from those terrible shots, that im gonna break 90 soon.

Driving was still not where I would like it with misses right, but did hit 5 fairways today.

Tale of 2 9's as usual. 48/40 for an 88. The bad....driver was not consistent, and iron were suspect on front 9. Tweaked my swing a bit on the back nine. Slowed my back swing on irons and made much better contact.

88 yesterday so three of my last four rounds were under 90 which feels good. Just need to keep it up and minimize the silly mistakes that cost strokes.

Go get it, it's waiting for you! (y)
Well, that day didn’t work.... maybe today! If I can get off the tee I have a shot!

Break 90 goal for today 129 slope

Man I thought today was going to be the day. Back at my home course. The rating and slope for this course I feel is higher then it should be. Maybe my familiarity with the course helps me score better here than other places, I don't know. But I put together a personal best front nine. Three pars and a birdie fueled a 42 front. Then we hit a wall. A delay so long that I drank an entire beer waiting for three groups to tee off before we could.

I still played ok, until a few bad swings and unlucky bounces proved too much to recover. taking back to back triples. seamingly dashing any hope of Breaking 90. I drove poorly today, save #17, a 280 yard gem. I also had a personal best day putting. On 11 and 12, I hit long par attempt putts to inches. So that could have been even better.

1590355059401.png

Man I thought today was going to be the day. Back at my home course. The rating and slope for this course I feel is higher then it should be. Maybe my familiarity with the course helps me score better here than other places, I don't know. But I put together a personal best front nine. Three pars and a birdie fueled a 42 front. Then we hit a wall. A delay so long that I drank an entire beer waiting for three groups to tee off before we could.

I still played ok, until a few bad swings and unlucky bounces proved too much to recover. taking back to back triples. seamingly dashing any hope of Breaking 90. I drove poorly today, save #17, a 280 yard gem. I also had a personal best day putting. On 11 and 12, I hit long par attempt putts to inches. So that could have been even better.

View attachment 8945501
Take that front 9 and you can build on that knowing you have it in you 👊

Take that front 9 and you can build on that knowing you have it in you 👊
Thanks man. The AZ boys are building me up with the same advice. I just have to keep working. a breakthrough is coming.

I see it too

Had opportunity today on the tougher of my club’s courses. Double double to close really hurt, and I missed 4 birdie putts today, two of which ended up being 3 putts.
0292A715-8D26-49F0-A644-300D1E242AB8.jpeg

42/41 = 83. 1 birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogies, 2 doubles, and a triple when I tried a hero shot instead of punching back out to the fairway like I fully knew I should have. :mad:

Yesterday's round shot 48/46. Putting was very good, had 34 putts for the round.

Made some progress in tweaking my Xtreme driver. I will be making a shaft change to try it out. Took my old gamer out for half the round yesterday and was hitting fairways and not as a pronounced fade as I am seeing with Xtreme driver.

Old gamer is TM M6 and has the Hzrdus Smoke Black shaft in it.

Hopefully get a Cobra adapter on it this weekend and try it out next weekend or the following week.

Today's round, I finally broke through the barrier that is 90!!

46/43!! Had a few blow up holes on front 9 with 2 double and 2 triples due to 2 lost balls that I know I struck really well, but just could not find them where I thought they should be :ROFLMAO:

Putting again was very good, thanks to chipping getting me close in to pins on greens. 14 putts on the front and 17 on the back. :eek:

Iron approaches were working, stuck a couple 9 irons on greens

Did have a birdie today as well. Hole 5 is a short par 4, drove ball just short of the green, chip up and then 1 putt.

B7E4049A-55D6-4487-A292-49FD8D27C091.jpeg

Today's round, I finally broke through the barrier that is 90!!

46/43!! Had a few blow up holes on front 9 with 2 double and 2 triples due to 2 lost balls that I know I struck really well, but just could not find them where I thought they should be :ROFLMAO:

Putting again was very good, thanks to chipping getting me close in to pins on greens. 14 putts on the front and 17 on the back. :eek:

Iron approaches were working, stuck a couple 9 irons on greens

Did have a birdie today as well. Hole 5 is a short par 4, drove ball just short of the green, chip up and then 1 putt.

View attachment 8946165
That shot terrifies me. I usually pull putter and if it is a back pin I'll pull hybrid and bump and run. I seriously wish though I could have that shot and feel comfortable pulling wedge...

That shot terrifies me. I usually pull putter and if it is a back pin I'll pull hybrid and bump and run. I seriously wish though I could have that shot and feel comfortable pulling wedge...
I used to be the same way, I typically would have pulled putter for anything like that around the green. My chipping game has gotten so much better from some practice in back yard during early days of quarantine, but also the Cobra MIM wedges that just feel so danged good. 👊 I am better with chipping around green even on fringe, I feelIp that I can get closer to hole than trying to lag a putt in there. This course has some very slow greens also, so another reason I would rather chip.

That shot right there is screaming "bump and run with an 8 or 9 iron!" to me. No sense putting the ball in the air when you can get it there on the ground.

I used to be the same way, I typically would have pulled putter for anything like that around the green. My chipping game has gotten so much better from some practice in back yard during early days of quarantine, but also the Cobra MIM wedges that just feel so danged good. 👊 I am better with chipping around green even on fringe, I feelIp that I can get closer to hole than trying to lag a putt in there. This course has some very slow greens also, so another reason I would rather chip.
Trying to pick up a CBX Full Face 60* so hopefully that helps me out with shots like this.

Won't lie, had to stare at that one for a minute.

If you couldn't guess I tried to play an "interesting lie" in a bunker. Caught it clean on the second. Bladed just the tee shot, glory ensued.

If you couldn't guess I tried to play an "interesting lie" in a bunker. Caught it clean on the second. Bladed just the tee shot, glory ensued.
I noticed you are using Arrcos. Do you like it? Do you feel like it is helpful in bettering your score?

I noticed you are using Arrcos. Do you like it? Do you feel like it is helpful in bettering your score?

yes I really like it. I just got back into golf a year ago. It really helped with my true distances initially and tracking their evolution. I use to guide what areas I need to work on etc. Once I learned a bit on how to interpret the Caddie features, it helps. logging putting is a bit cumbersome, but manageable. I've never had an issue with the phone in the pocket. and I use the in app GPS to plan all my shots at targets.

47/39 = 86. Good news was I was +4 on the back. Bad news was being +10 on the front.

Yesterday I was primed to break 90 for the 2nd time in as many rounds. Felt really good all round and had some great iron and wedge approach shots with a birdie and a few pars. No real blow up holes with lost balls up to that point.

Well, 18th hole had other plans for me. Hit a drive to the right and was sitting on a slight hill. Always a tough shot, grabbed my 3 hybrid and made really good contact with it and direction was good, until the tree just up ahead seemed to have swallowed it. Did not see where ball went nor did my playing partners. Drop another and take the penalties which ended up being 3 over total for the hole.

I never keep score during the round, but felt I had a good chance to break 90 again since felt pretty good.

Well, ended with 43 on front, and 47 on the back. 7 strokes on 18 just killed my round. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh well, looking forward to the next round. (y)

Yesterday I was primed to break 90 for the 2nd time in as many rounds. Felt really good all round and had some great iron and wedge approach shots with a birdie and a few pars. No real blow up holes with lost balls up to that point.

Well, 18th hole had other plans for me. Hit a drive to the right and was sitting on a slight hill. Always a tough shot, grabbed my 3 hybrid and made really good contact with it and direction was good, until the tree just up ahead seemed to have swallowed it. Did not see where ball went nor did my playing partners. Drop another and take the penalties which ended up being 3 over total for the hole.

I never keep score during the round, but felt I had a good chance to break 90 again since felt pretty good.

Well, ended with 43 on front, and 47 on the back. 7 strokes on 18 just killed my round. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh well, looking forward to the next round. (y)

Hell one round I was sitting at a 35 on the back nine heading into the last hole. Ended up carding a 43.

Was so close I could taste it, but fell short by one stroke yesterday with a 44/46.

Tripled 16, Doubled 17 and had to par the par 5 18 to shoot an 89. Had about an 8 foot putt for par and the ball sat on the lip...but didn't fall. Happy with the progress I've made this year, and should get there VERY, VERY soon.

Played for the first time since the COVID over the weekend and shot 51/43. Had two atrocious holes on the front but my buddy I was playing with who is a 6 handicap threw down the gauntlet and gave me 8 strokes on the back nine. The challenge actually helped me a ton and I feel like I was much more focused on each shot after than. Not sure if any of y'all have had a similar experience where a little pressure helped you out. On to the next round!

Back