Fujikura Ventus Shafts

I swing 110-112 mph on TrackMan 4. I will get on it tomorrow and record the data between the following. Keep in mind my standard tipping is .5" at all times unless specified by the client.

Ventus Black 6X
Ventus Blue 6X
Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5"

Let's put it to the test! If people are interested I can put up a detailed post with screenshots of the data/numbers collected.
Id love to see this! Thats my exact SS range also. Have a Ventus Black 6x in driver and Blue 8x in 3w.... Love the feel over the blue so the 1.5"tip Blue 6x sounds awesome to me

Alright everyone... the results are in. I want to preface all of this with a few things.

1. I was not swinging at my top speeds due to my rib injury. I'm still quite sore, so I was topping out at 110 with averages at 108-109
2. I hit 15 shots with each shaft and used the top 5
3. This is by no means a scientific study. Hitting 45 total shots does give us a good sample size to make any conclusive decisions.
4. I used a Ping G410 LST 9 turned down 1 and flat and played it at 45" right around D2-D3

IMG_6E9C52E5DE4C-1.jpeg

Here are my feels throughout this test.

Ventus Blue 6X (untipped) - this felt the most "unstable" to me. My strike pattern was more sporadic and found it hard to find the middle

Ventus Black 6X - this felt the most "natural" to me. I am the most used to this shaft as I played it for a little while. It was the lowest launching and lowest flight out of all of them.

Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5" - this felt very different and took me 8 swings to finally get results. Once I found a groove with it, I was impressed by the numbers. However, it felt the most difficult to swing. I felt like when I went at it, I was hitting it great, but once I started to try and hit "fairway finding" shots, I struggled a little. I would not hold that against the shaft though, because I am not swinging my best at the moment.

Final Thoughts

I can definitely see where players would go for the Ventus Blue tipped over the others if you don't need a lower launch/flight. If you're a high launch/high flight player, the Ventus Black would probably produce better results. I am going to get a Ventus Blue 6X installed in my gamer to keep testing on the course. If anyone has more questions, please feel free to message me or tag me on this thread and I'll answer when possible.

Alright everyone... the results are in. I want to preface all of this with a few things.

1. I was not swinging at my top speeds due to my rib injury. I'm still quite sore, so I was topping out at 110 with averages at 108-109
2. I hit 15 shots with each shaft and used the top 5
3. This is by no means a scientific study. Hitting 45 total shots does give us a good sample size to make any conclusive decisions.
4. I used a Ping G410 LST 9 turned down 1 and flat and played it at 45" right around D2-D3

View attachment 8942510

Here are my feels throughout this test.

Ventus Blue 6X (untipped) - this felt the most "unstable" to me. My strike pattern was more sporadic and found it hard to find the middle

Ventus Black 6X - this felt the most "natural" to me. I am the most used to this shaft as I played it for a little while. It was the lowest launching and lowest flight out of all of them.

Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5" - this felt very different and took me 8 swings to finally get results. Once I found a groove with it, I was impressed by the numbers. However, it felt the most difficult to swing. I felt like when I went at it, I was hitting it great, but once I started to try and hit "fairway finding" shots, I struggled a little. I would not hold that against the shaft though, because I am not swinging my best at the moment.

Final Thoughts

I can definitely see where players would go for the Ventus Blue tipped over the others if you don't need a lower launch/flight. If you're a high launch/high flight player, the Ventus Black would probably produce better results. I am going to get a Ventus Blue 6X installed in my gamer to keep testing on the course. If anyone has more questions, please feel free to message me or tag me on this thread and I'll answer when possible.
Interesting results and thanks for posting it. Looking at the numbers that really only tell us overall distance, it appears the Blue tipped 1.5" was the longest. Were the initial 8 swings factored in? What did the dispersion look like? And, a general question. What kind of transition do you have? Aggressive, or are you on the smoother side?

Interesting results and thanks for posting it. Looking at the numbers that really only tell us overall distance, it appears the Blue tipped 1.5" was the longest. Were the initial 8 swings factored in? What did the dispersion look like? And, a general question. What kind of transition do you have? Aggressive, or are you on the smoother side?

I'm a 3/4 backswing fairly shallow swinger w/ a more aggressive transition. I tend to early extend.

I hit 15 shots and only took the averages of the top 5. Dispersion was basically identical, but tightest with the Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5". I had 2 w/ each 5 yards right of the line and 3 shots average 8 yards left of line.

Like I said, it isn't very scientific. I don't have much time at the moment to get as detailed as we would like. If there is more info you're looking for, I can get you other info from the 45 shot test.

I'm a 3/4 backswing fairly shallow swinger w/ a more aggressive transition. I tend to early extend.

I hit 15 shots and only took the averages of the top 5. Dispersion was basically identical, but tightest with the Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5". I had 2 w/ each 5 yards right of the line and 3 shots average 8 yards left of line.

Like I said, it isn't very scientific. I don't have much time at the moment to get as detailed as we would like. If there is more info you're looking for, I can get you other info from the 45 shot test.
Oh no, that's fine. I was just curious. If you had to venture a guess (as unscientific as it may be), would you think if you were 100% the tipped Blue wouldn't have been as hard to swing?

Oh no, that's fine. I was just curious. If you had to venture a guess (as unscientific as it may be), would you think if you were 100% the tipped Blue wouldn't have been as hard to swing?

No. I alluded to that a little in my findings above. I did struggle at first, but I also am not at 100%. So we are probably correct in assuming that it wouldn't have felt as "difficult". However, even saying difficult doesn't feel right. It was a clear difference in feel between the other two. It changed the feel in a way that if I was blind testing, I would say that's not in the Ventus line. Ventus feels smooth across all three colors in my opinion, and the Blue tipped 1.5" made it feel much more stout. At first I thought I should have only tipped it 1", but as I got used to it, I started noticing my numbers were improving and my strike was improving. My strike on the best 5 of the bunch with the Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5" was really tight and average was 5mm high and 7mm toe side which is why the spin is so much lower.

I like the Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5", but will need more time to confirm if it really is an "unlocking" as the Tour Reps have led us to believe.

No. I alluded to that a little in my findings above. I did struggle at first, but I also am not at 100%. So we are probably correct in assuming that it wouldn't have felt as "difficult". However, even saying difficult doesn't feel right. It was a clear difference in feel between the other two. It changed the feel in a way that if I was blind testing, I would say that's not in the Ventus line. Ventus feels smooth across all three colors in my opinion, and the Blue tipped 1.5" made it feel much more stout. At first I thought I should have only tipped it 1", but as I got used to it, I started noticing my numbers were improving and my strike was improving. My strike on the best 5 of the bunch with the Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5" was really tight and average was 5mm high and 7mm toe side which is why the spin is so much lower.

I like the Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5", but will need more time to confirm if it really is an "unlocking" as the Tour Reps have led us to believe.
Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback!

Ventus Red 6X finally made it, hope to get in around this week sometime and see how it shakes out.

1st round with the Ventus RED 6X and I was surprised how stout it feels, this is a true X IMO. Results were good for the 1st time out with some oddly long drives for me even though it did not feel like real good contact. There is not a lot of feel to the shaft (similar to the KBS TD to me) which may just be the firmer butt section than I am used too with the GD AD BB or me just not having the SS to really load it up today.

There is a short Par 4 that plays 250-270 depending on the tee and flag placement, I have driven it two or three times in the past and this morning landed in the middle of the green and one hopped just off the back, just a nice drive on a rope that faded a slight bit at the end. Couple other Drives were very good and as always a few just bad swings. I started off with the Driver set at D / -1 heavy weight forward and after the 1st hole changed to D / S and the heavy weight in the back and stayed that way for the round.

Definitely lower flight lofted down with the heavy weight forward so my guess is this is a real low spin shaft, Once I changed it the launch came back to mid high and seemed to have a good hang time. Going out again tomorrow so we will see how it plays, I was very stiff this morning and was not swinging very well so could be some more to get with this shaft.

1st round with the Ventus RED 6X and I was surprised how stout it feels, this is a true X IMO. Results were good for the 1st time out with some oddly long drives for me even though it did not feel like real good contact. There is not a lot of feel to the shaft (similar to the KBS TD to me) which may just be the firmer butt section than I am used too with the GD AD BB or me just not having the SS to really load it up today.

There is a short Par 4 that plays 250-270 depending on the tee and flag placement, I have driven it two or three times in the past and this morning landed in the middle of the green and one hopped just off the back, just a nice drive on a rope that faded a slight bit at the end. Couple other Drives were very good and as always a few just bad swings. I started off with the Driver set at D / -1 heavy weight forward and after the 1st hole changed to D / S and the heavy weight in the back and stayed that way for the round.

Definitely lower flight lofted down with the heavy weight forward so my guess is this is a real low spin shaft, Once I changed it the launch came back to mid high and seemed to have a good hang time. Going out again tomorrow so we will see how it plays, I was very stiff this morning and was not swinging very well so could be some more to get with this shaft.

The Ventus Red actually has a slightly softer butt section than the AD BB assuming you're speaking of both in 6X. The Ventus Red is a unique shaft though. I don't think it gets looked at enough.

The Ventus Red actually has a slightly softer butt section than the AD BB assuming you're speaking of both in 6X. The Ventus Red is a unique shaft though. I don't think it gets looked at enough.
Summit could you tell me if the TR20 driver adapter is the same as the TW series drivers?

I really like the Red 6X had a good driving round today for the most part and it is sneaky long. I have the 7X GD AD BB and to me it feels softer in the hands. I lofted the SZ up to 10* today and saw some really nice launch.
I have a TR20 440 inbound and want to be able to try the BB 7X and Ventus in it along with the stock Vizard 70 stiff.

Summit could you tell me if the TR20 driver adapter is the same as the TW series drivers?

I really like the Red 6X had a good driving round today for the most part and it is sneaky long. I have the 7X GD AD BB and to me it feels softer in the hands. I lofted the SZ up to 10* today and saw some really nice launch.
I have a TR20 440 inbound and want to be able to try the BB 7X and Ventus in it along with the stock Vizard 70 stiff.

Yes, it's the same adapter. TR20 440 is a killer head. Super consistent ball speeds, really clean look at address and great feel. The Vizard FD-7X from Honma is a phenomenal shaft as well.

I'm really glad I was fitted into the Ventus Blue 6S shaft and have been hitting driver farther than ever. Such a solid shaft and I highly recommend it.

I have been playing the Venus Blue 5R in my Mavrik Max 9* driver, this shaft feels amazing. Brought the spin down a touch more, a nice penetrating ball flight. Plenty easy enough to turn over and hit a draw.

Hey, so my wife wanted me to have something fun to do when I got down there, so she bought me one of these. Even got the velocore and was proud about her research. lol Black 6S uncut. Should be fun to try in the SIM I have down there. Think I'm going to uni-fit it because I really want to put it in the Mavrik SZ and compare that to my gamer setup.

So yay, but now I have to read back through this whole thread to see how you all are doing with it. I wasn't going to buy one for myself, so I've been slacking on it.

Hey, so my wife wanted me to have something fun to do when I got down there, so she bought me one of these. Even got the velocore and was proud about her research. lol Black 6S uncut. Should be fun to try in the SIM I have down there. Think I'm going to uni-fit it because I really want to put it in the Mavrik SZ and compare that to my gamer setup.

So yay, but now I have to read back through this whole thread to see how you all are doing with it. I wasn't going to buy one for myself, so I've been slacking on it.

I think you'll like how it performs. I compared this to the Smoke Green (both small and non-small batch) and clearly was a winner. Love the flight and is more playable IMO. Currently have the Black 7S untipped. I was in a SIM head but testing out the SIM Max as well as M6 side by side.
Blue 8S in the 3W too. Going all ventus here!

After having now played and swung the Ventus Blue 6X for a fair amount, I will say it is a great shaft. Whether you smooth one or go after it, it reacts in tune. It never really seems to feel too stiff or too soft.

I was fortunate to obtain a Ventus Blue 7X for next to nothing. Took it out for my round this morning. Holy crap, it was like love at first swing. Definitely feels different. This is a 7X tipped 1" vs my Black which is 6X straight install.

The Blue has a ton of feel to it. But, it still gives me the satisfaction of hitting the middle of the club face a lot more often than not.

It's significantly heavier on paper, but it doesn't play that way at all. I thought I remember reading something about them having a higher balance point. Which would make sense. Because at 78 grams it definitely doesn't play like an almost 80 gram shaft.

Even the feel at impact felt slightly different. I wasn't going back and forth between the two, so could have just been in my head.

I didn't have the cojones to tip it the 1.5" that I was contemplating. And that's fine. I think it plays pretty spectacular as is. Color me impressed. This line is just insanely well rounded.

I was fortunate to obtain a Ventus Blue 7X for next to nothing. Took it out for my round this morning. Holy crap, it was like love at first swing. Definitely feels different. This is a 7X tipped 1" vs my Black which is 6X straight install.

The Blue has a ton of feel to it. But, it still gives me the satisfaction of hitting the middle of the club face a lot more often than not.

It's significantly heavier on paper, but it doesn't play that way at all. I thought I remember reading something about them having a higher balance point. Which would make sense. Because at 78 grams it definitely doesn't play like an almost 80 gram shaft.

Even the feel at impact felt slightly different. I wasn't going back and forth between the two, so could have just been in my head.

I didn't have the cojones to tip it the 1.5" that I was contemplating. And that's fine. I think it plays pretty spectacular as is. Color me impressed. This line is just insanely well rounded.

Funny, I was contemplating doing the same. The blue seems much more lively than the black but still right there at impact...without the tipping.

Funny, I was contemplating doing the same. The blue seems much more lively than the black but still right there at impact...without the tipping.
They all have a unique characteristic that sets them apart from one another. I could play the black with no issues. Had I not gotten this Blue for what I did, I wouldn't have bothered.

The blue feels more explosive. As long as it can be as straight, or not straighter than the black, it'll remain in the bag for a while. It's honestly the most impressed I've been with a new shaft the first time out.

They all have a unique characteristic that sets them apart from one another. I could play the black with no issues. Had I not gotten this Blue for what I did, I wouldn't have bothered.

The blue feels more explosive. As long as it can be as straight, or not straighter than the black, it'll remain in the bag for a while. It's honestly the most impressed I've been with a new shaft the first time out.
I completely agree with this. I too got a Blue for a steal from a friend. I'm 5 /6 rounds in with it now in my Speedzone and couldn't be happier.

Absolutely. The black is a stellar performer and the blue was awesome but I had to time it right or it was going leeeeeeft!

Had my blue 6x out on Thursday at the range. Usually I go through a certain routine of how many shots I hit with each club. With the blue in my driver I found myself wanting to hit more and more drivers because it was so fun to swing it. Usually out of my buckets I’ll hit 20 or 25 drivers. That day I hit probably closer to 50 or 60; just couldn’t get enough.

Back