Had my parents over so that my mom could hangout with her grandson and hold him again after COVID. Dad and I worked all day in the yard. Got to talk and work. Outside sweating feeling good!

Rebuilt the carburetor on my leaf blower and it fired up on the first pull. Also fixed the recoil on my string trimmer that quit on me the other night.

I should probably buy myself something to celebrate

Had a great week weather wise with lots of time outside with the kids. Got some short game practice in a few evenings. And enjoyed sitting in the porch watching the sunset with my wife. Just being outside brings me so much joy and changes my demeanor!

Rebuilt the carburetor on my leaf blower and it fired up on the first pull. Also fixed the recoil on my string trimmer that quit on me the other night.

I should probably buy myself something to celebrate
Think of all the money you saved by fixing the problems! Reward yourself!

A few years ago I got down to 10.4. That’s not great but it’s probably approaching about as good as I can get. This season I hit rock bottom at almost 20. It was miserable. I didn’t know if I had it in me to ever play better golf again. Then C19 hit and I suddenly had time on my hands. I’ve been playing and practicing. My state is reopening soon which means my softball team and the organization I run will get going, which means less golf. I know that means I won’t actually get back to where I was before but I’ve seen enough to know in my heart that I really could do it, if not even a touch better. That’s pretty gratifying and that’s my Happy.

Tonight I got to surprise my uncle with the irons I built him. He didn't want to accept them and got really emotional. I finally got him to understand it was a gift and to just swing them and he started mashing the balls. He said the irons (apex pro 16s) look like the bladed irons he played a long time ago in college but were so much easier to hit. Glad to see a smile on his face!!

The yard waste guys took all of the junk I ripped out over the last two weeks! Now I can rip out the hollies! Woohoo!!!

Crazy times got to celebrate my buddy's son's first birthday...

Golf round coming soon...one heck of a grouping later in life.IMG_20200531_194352_695.jpg

Tonight I got to surprise my uncle with the irons I built him. He didn't want to accept them and got really emotional. I finally got him to understand it was a gift and to just swing them and he started mashing the balls. He said the irons (apex pro 16s) look like the bladed irons he played a long time ago in college but were so much easier to hit. Glad to see a smile on his face!!
That’s a fantastic gift. Enormous kudos to you, sir. 👊

I’ll be here for this in 3 weeks

FF0BB31D-5FC7-48D2-8333-9AC9FA0E3CCC.png

One of my son's graduation pictures!
A2BCB6F9-1293-4ADB-BC41-0CD3264A6F56.jpg

One of my son's graduation pictures!
View attachment 8947003

Congratulations to the graduate and to the Dad that got him there!

Perfect metaphor for the long road ahead filled with unseen adventures and fortuitous events.

Tell him not to forget to look behind at how far he has come every so often. Stay humble and remember those that helped get you there!

I just discovered that my wifi reaches all the way out to my backyard patio. Maybe this WFH thing isn't so bad after all....

Been wanting to get the boys to the range, but decided the backyard is just as good for now! Thanks again @OGputtnfool for your kindness! The boys love these clubs!
20200602_163755.jpg

Been wanting to get the boys to the range, but decided the backyard is just as good for now! Thanks again @OGputtnfool for your kindness! The boys love these clubs!
View attachment 8947187

It warms my heart to see that I've positively impacted a fellow THPer AND to have photographic evidence that cannot be downplayed!

Thank you, for allowing me the honor of passing something on to your boys that will start them on their journey to addiction loving this game we're all addicted to in love with as well.

It warms my heart to see that I've positively impacted a fellow THPer AND to have photographic evidence that cannot be downplayed!

Thank you, for allowing me the honor of passing something on to your boys that will start them on their journey to addiction loving this game we're all addicted to in love with as well.
Glad I can share that with you! And that is my hope, so that instead of me going golfing, we go golfing! Whether they like, love, or become addicted to golf, nothing can take away the time spent with them!

Brought this queen into the world this weekend. Happy is an understatement.

IMG_0321.jpg

Back