This is tough for me to support knowing how good you are but if you dive in, no half measures

However, I was playing around with the one length set this evening and was striping the gap wedge. The weird thing is that the gap wedge is the one club in the set that so many have struggled with a bit.

How was the PW? I know you were also seeing some gapping issues there?

As those who read some of my posts know, my game has been a bit in the toilet for the last few weeks. I am starting to come out of it, but the odds are slim right now that I can play to my index (I know, I know. Have a better attitude.). Anyway, I have a tournament to play in and I am thinking of taking a flyer.

I have a set of King Forget Tec One Lengths. I have hit them once and thought I will never be able to get used to them, so I stuck with my traditional set. I love those irons. However, I was playing around with the one length set this evening and was striping the gap wedge. The weird thing is that the gap wedge is the one club in the set that so many have struggled with a bit.

So, here it is... I will have no time to practice. If enough people respond with a like to this post, I will throw the one lengths in the bag and game them for my tournament. I will have zero time to practice with them beforehand.

Who dares me?
Hell yea! Have fun.

I am going to have a similar decision soon I think. Just got word my Srixon irons are scheduled for production next week. The following weekend is our member member tournament. My guess is, I will have the irons but won’t have had time to really dial them in. I will have to decide between them and my FTB that I know really well.

Curious to see how this turns out for you. Good luck!

If it’s going to make you happy and the game more fun as you work your way out of the funk, then I think you already know the answer

I’m going with using what you feels most comfortable with. If that means being relaxed and going in with absolutely no expectations then perhaps a fresh set will work. If score and being a contender is the priority, clubs that you know and can trust with familiarity could be the winner. Best of luck with whatever set you decide on!

Qui audet adipiscitur

Do it! The whole set. Just don't tell your playing partners it's your first go with the OL. They'd be way too annoyed when you spank them all in the tourney.

Pushing the envelope. Blasting out of a rut. I like the idea, hell yes it would be awesome if you went low.

What's the worst that can happen, you have another crappy round OR you can have a great round. Nothing to loose & everything to gain. I say go for it. It might take you a couple of holes to get going but my money is on you doing well with OL. But what do I know I'm a hacker. :LOL:

Do it

Here we go.
C13FDDBD-C032-42CD-B65E-3FF0924B91A8.jpeg

Hope we get a live scoring update on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to hearing how it goes, I don’t think I could have done it without a few rounds under my belt. At least you are comfortable with the forged tec heads already

Ok. It was a pretty good day. Shot 39/38 for 77. Pulled a one length on ten holes and hit the green 5 times.

317FC25D-C87E-47E7-9C72-C3FFE6344762.jpegA4069D5C-2AEC-4534-82BC-222791764009.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice round and good on you

Love it. Way to hang 'em out there.

Back