Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could probably go ahead and close this thread as the country has moved on from Covid to insurrection. I wonder if any of the Covid models accounted for large scale riots.
Amazing how burning a city to the ground puts an end to this nonsense, eh.:p

Nashville still isn’t fully open due to Covid, how did they get a permit to film a documentary?

When experts recommend wearing masks, staying at least six feet away from others, washing your hands frequently and avoiding crowded spaces, what they’re really saying is: Try to minimize the amount of virus you encounter.

A few viral particles cannot make you sick — the immune system would vanquish the intruders before they could. But how much virus is needed for an infection to take root? What is the minimum effective dose?

____

Observations from two hospitals in Wuhan, China, published in April in the journal Nature, determined much the same thing: more aerosolized particles were found in unventilated toilet areas than in airier patient rooms or crowded public areas.

This makes intuitive sense, experts said. But they noted that aerosols, because they are smaller than 5 microns, would also contain much less, perhaps millions-fold less, virus than droplets of 500 microns.

“It really takes a lot of these single-digit size droplets to change the risk for you,” said Dr. Joshua Rabinowitz, a quantitative biologist at Princeton University.

Apart from avoiding crowded indoor spaces, the most effective thing people can do is wear masks, all of the experts said. Even if masks don’t fully shield you from droplets loaded with virus, they can cut down the amount you receive, and perhaps bring it below the infectious dose.

“This is not a virus for which hand washing seems like it will be enough,” Dr. Rabinowitz said. “We have to limit crowds, we have to wear masks.”

Second time in 3 weeks for flying for us. This is what the airport looked like.

40EF038D-B076-4A4B-AC00-576B8AFF10DF.jpeg

I saw a tweet with something like "Can't believe corona lost a 28-3 lead to racism"

Media coverage has completely shifted, which is understandable, but the complete lack of coronavirus in the headlines shows the slant that was given. Stats in PR are looking very stable which is good news as we continue to reopen. Hoping for a normal school year starting in August.

Two words: Albatross Club. :p

You can’t be serious with this comment. As mentioned earlier we were occupied on a plane and didn’t have access due to non working wifi. Which I shouldn’t have to explain, but do.

But you continue to have an issue with this forum, so perhaps it’s time to find a place you enjoy more.

We have banned members on both sides of the aisle after multiple warnings. Which is sad that in 12 years this is more than we have had to do that combined, and even that is only 3. We continue to be lax and then remind when we think it’s necessary.

Throwing on a tin foil hat or accusing bias at every turn won’t help a cause.

Why are you directing this at me? I haven’t initiated any political talk here. I don’t care to talk politics in a golf forum.

I was directing it towards everyone. I quoted you because you felt singled out by JB. No offense meant.

Second time in 3 weeks for flying for us. This is what the airport looked like.

View attachment 8946474

Positive. No lines. No toiling with the Covid Masses.

Negative. I smell a bailout coming. I will admit although privatized it is very essential for us to have air travel.

I’ll agree strongly with the eerie comment.

The few times I’ve flown somewhere it was a mess of humanity. Everywhere. Of course I went to O’Hare and Vegas. I imagine those to be busy airports. Cleveland Hopkins and Columbus are no jokes either.

Then please you and @JB , stop replying to my comments all the time when you want to make a general statement to everyone.

Ok. I wouldn’t call it all the time it was once and I wanted to make it a point that JB wasn’t singling you out. He replied after you. He didn’t quote you. Maybe I failed there, if so, again no offense. Make today your best!

I call it CV because I'm too lazy to type it.

Then irony of ironies.... I go to a store. I walk up to the door. I see a sign on the door. Big sign. The biggest sign. In yellow. It was a big sign in yellow. It said. "You must wear a mask to enter."

They didn't require this the last time I was there. I keep a N95 in my car just in case I need one for 5 minutes to dash into a store, pick up something and leave. So I grabbed the respirator and put it on. I went into the store to buy the goods. Ironically, no one working in the store was wearing a mask, except for the cashier.

Also there is evidence published in the one of the local newspapers that our state has been counting accident deaths as CV if the person tested positive.

Apparently there are a number of deaths being attributed to the virus that has a tenuous connection at best. Given that, the total number of deaths is probably inflated.

Two school districts in Arizona announced moving to a 4 day school week in the fall.
That is an interesting decision. I wonder what the rational for 4 days is? Seems like if you are going to do 4 days you may as well do 5. I hope it isn’t a Portland like gimmick so teachers can game the unemployment rules.

At least there will be school in the Fall. 👍

Gosh I hope. Colin starts golf practice Tuesday. Unofficial but summer workouts-which involve playing golf and hitting on the range. Hoping he gets more back into it.

You can’t be serious with this comment. As mentioned earlier we were occupied on a plane and didn’t have access due to non working wifi. Which I shouldn’t have to explain, but do.

But you continue to have an issue with this forum, so perhaps it’s time to find a place you enjoy more.

We have banned members on both sides of the aisle after multiple warnings. Which is sad that in 12 years this is more than we have had to do that combined, and even that is only 3. We continue to be lax and then remind when we think it’s necessary.

Throwing on a tin foil hat or accusing bias at every turn won’t help a cause.
The funny thing is, one of the things that prompted me to join and support the albatross club is how, from my POV, the THP staff seems to treat everyone with an equal amount of dignity and respect(as well as patience lol) regardless of being an albatross member or not...new or old members as well. You guys are doing a fantastic job, especially under the circumstances.

That is an interesting decision. I wonder what the rational for 4 days is? Seems like if you are going to do 4 days you may as well do 5. I hope it isn’t a Portland like gimmick so teachers can game the unemployment rules.

Its in-person Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday they learn at home and the school is deep cleaned, classes resume in person Thursday and Friday.

Its in-person Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday they learn at home and the school is deep cleaned, classes resume in person Thursday and Friday.

I’m actually not against this plan. A lot of school districts have went to 4 day weeks in Missouri and starting to in Iowa. Granted most are small school districts. I think it would be better to increase the hours the 4 days and have Wednesday completely free for students on Wednesday. This will help the kids who don’t have access to the internet or computers at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m actually not against this plan. A lot of school districts have went to 4 day weeks in Missouri and starting to in Iowa. Granted most are small school districts. I think it would be better to increase the hours the 4 days and have Wednesday completely free for students on Wednesday. This will help the kids who don’t have access to the internet or computers at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a parenting perspective I’d rather see the day off on Mon or Fri. At least that way you could plan short vacations every now and then. Wed off seems like a waste.

Yes, and they are not social distancing

And no news headlines imploring that all these protesters need to self quarantine now.

And no news headlines imploring that all these protesters need to self quarantine now.
What else should one expect when one of them is literally standing in front of a burning building and says, "this is mostly a protest. It is not, generally speaking, unruly"?

Can we go back to last week when it was racist & selfish to protest against the lock down because we were spreading the virus and we didn't care about lives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back