BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Going to be a nice day tomorrow....grill is on after golf!

I’m smoking a pork shoulder tonight at 180 and then will finish it tomorrow at 225. Its been marinating for 4 days in an apple juice / vinegar marinade.
94218FFB-F1E6-4DF0-AAF4-4E2EC3A1B3EC.jpegF07EAE73-E87C-444A-973B-0BA93D4DF4F7.jpeg557DBAB2-9301-49F7-B3DD-CE86B03EEA3B.jpeg

Trying a brisket for the first time on the traeger

Attachments

• EF5B05BC-B087-4F87-8294-50D6306BBDF2.jpeg
    EF5B05BC-B087-4F87-8294-50D6306BBDF2.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 14
Got the flat on the traeger still and moved the point to the #BGE. Have the traeger still set at 180 and the #BGE at 275

Attachments

• A0D53B0D-7DCD-45CB-8841-785CF872E574.jpeg
    A0D53B0D-7DCD-45CB-8841-785CF872E574.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 15
  • 3834AA51-BF2D-4F68-AF1A-F2D33DF15BD9.jpeg
    3834AA51-BF2D-4F68-AF1A-F2D33DF15BD9.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 15
For my first time this turned out much better than I expected. Want to make a few tweaks next time but very happy with this

Attachments

• BAEDA792-E0DA-4232-B7DD-6ECB2FB54A39.jpeg
    BAEDA792-E0DA-4232-B7DD-6ECB2FB54A39.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 22
Just did some grilled chicken tonight... Missing some smoked meats!

I’m obsessed with this thread!

Thought I was sold on the Traeger Ironwood line but now thinking of the Grilla Silverbac Alpha, Grilla Chimp, or the Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone prime plus WiFi.

Let me ask this. How important is WiFi to control ambient temp and monitor food temp within an app? Grilla doesn’t currently have WiFi but heard they’re working on it for a fall release and will be compatible to older models.

Last edited:
Grilled chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce.

Thought I was sold on the Traeger Ironwood line but now thinking of the Grilla Silverbac Alpha, Grilla Chimp, or the Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone prime plus WiFi.

Let me ask this. How important is WiFi to control ambient temp and monitor food temp within an app? Grilla doesn’t currently have WiFi but heard they’re working on it for a fall release and will be compatible to older models.

I have enjoyed me Grilla Silverbac Alpha for a couple months now. I was somewhat disappointed with how little smoke flavor it imparts compared to wood chips over coals on a weber kettle. However, my wife loves less smoke flavor so she is happy.

I use a separate wireless thermometer to monitor meat temps. the unit does a good job of monitoring cook temps. With the savings over Traeger units, you could buy the grilla and upgrade to wifi down the road and probably still come out ahead.

The accessory front shelf is a must IMO

I have a Traeger with Wifi and it's a game-changer. No going back. Imagine you have guests over and put something basic on the grill like burgers. Instead of baby sitting the grill and standing there you can actually join the party. I put my thermometer in and go in my app and set me meat temp. When the burger is done i get a notification on my phone and go pull them. No longer do i stand at the grill and watch the fun or sweat my ass off in the heat.

A friend of my buddies has a Thermapen 4 channel wifi/bluetooth. We were at his house and he had a green egg plus a smoker going at the same time with probes in each. It was kind of neat to watch, but for me and my use it was an overkill, but still very cool.

I have a Traeger with Wifi and it's a game-changer. No going back. Imagine you have guests over and put something basic on the grill like burgers. Instead of baby sitting the grill and standing there you can actually join the party. I put my thermometer in and go in my app and set me meat temp. When the burger is done i get a notification on my phone and go pull them. No longer do i stand at the grill and watch the fun or sweat my ass off in the heat.

You can do that with aftermarket products as well.
For instance we use MEATER and can have 5 different meats cooking to different internal temps and it notifies us on our phone with alarms for each one.

You can do that with aftermarket products as well.
For instance we use MEATER and can have 5 different meats cooking to different internal temps and it notifies us on our phone with alarms for each one.

Yeah lots of aftermarket options out there. Wifi is a must for me anymore. I just love being able to set a meat temp and being able to check on my phone instead of going back and forth to the grill. Long smokes it's not as important but when i cook wings, chicken, burgers, ect... it makes a world of difference.

I want to bbq something today. Had pulled pork yesterday, ate a lot of steak this week. Suggestions? Not chicken.

I want to bbq something today. Had pulled pork yesterday, ate a lot of steak this week. Suggestions? Not chicken.
The obvious solution is to do some burgers. Other than that, you could do some turkey tenderloin, or leg of lamb..

Cherry Cola infused Pork Tenderloin sliced up.

Um ok that sounds amazing. Recipe?

Pork Tenderloin cleaned up.
Inject with cherry cola
Rub with a sweet rub (we used Killer Hogs).
Smoke at 250* to desired doneness.
With about an hour to go, glaze with your favorite bbq sauce 2-3 times.

There are pictures of it somewhere in this thread. Amazingly good.

Pork Tenderloin cleaned up.
Inject with cherry cola
Rub with a sweet rub (we used Killer Hogs).
Smoke at 250* to desired doneness.
With about an hour to go, glaze with your favorite bbq sauce 2-3 times.

There are pictures of it somewhere in this thread. Amazingly good.
That does sound good. I'm also a fan of doing some vegetables using the same flavors (like grilled zucchini and yellow squash spears marinated in the same flavors).

Grilling a pork tenderloin this evening.

Back