Budget Launch monitors... ES14 , Mevo , SC300

Anyone got any info on the Ernest Sport ESB1? I’m seeing it pop up on facebook and it claims to give you ball speed, club speed, smash factor, spin rate, launch angle, and distance for $550. It would be cool if THP can get one to test and give honest reviews. @JB, this isn’t what you were hinting at was it and do you think you can get your hands on one for an honest review?

Edit: To add it only supports an iOS app but Is supposed to be updatable.

I would like to second that. I am looking to purchase a new monitor and am looking at the Mevo and BS1. SC200 is more like a toy. We get a lot of misreads Wouldn't buy the SC300 because of the experience with the SC200.

Iv had pretty good luck with my SC200........

quick update. I was planning to sell the ES14 but now have second thoughts. The driving ranges opened this past weekend. I took the ES14 to the range because I was curious if being able to track the ball flight at a farther distance would make a difference compared to hitting into a net. I really wanted to know what I had before selling without giving it a real chance

Ive grown to hate this machine so I had little to no expectations. Honestly, im shocked how much better it worked!!! Setting this up on the range and all of a sudden all the numbers I would expect to see on course and from previous GCquad experience seemed to match up with the ES14. Spin was always a little on the high side with irons, but swing speed, ball speed, distance were all pretty close. not 100% accurate by any means, but definitely usable

I no longer have 1.2 smash factor with fairway woods lol. Driver speed was exactly where I expect it to be. Went through the whole bag and distances were extremely close. My next thing I want to test are my irons. I have Mizuno's I was fitted for and the Forged Tec from Morgan Cup. Based on technology and lofts I want to see if the FT consistently give me better distances

the first 4 are 7i, the 4th shot was hit fat. 5th shot is a 5i, the rest are drivers
97C47C4C-4151-401A-9651-1A988B6D100E.png656FFBE9-8302-441F-BECC-8DA00C45E0BD.png

Last edited:
Back