I took my kids out to a little par 3 course and had some fun with these today. It was a good challenge with holes ranging from 75 yards to about 160 and I used these on every one. I think the thing that impressed me most was how easy these are to hit a specific distance and how consistent they are.

I know the "flyer" shot with other sets has been mentioned before and even though some don't think that's a thing I swear I've experienced it. It wasn't a lot, but occasionally. With this set you know what you're going to get. I feel like when I dial it back to hit a specific yardage as long as I hit the middle of the face it's going to hit that yardage, no question.

I'm going to sound like I'm contradicting myself from earlier feedback but these don't have a springy feel that to me can feel slightly inconsistent, or at least less confidence inspiring.

My comment that I'm referring to contradicting was that center shots feel like a trampoline and I stand by that. It's like when you jump right in the middle of a trampoline and you get that perfect, powerful feel.

I took my kids out to a little par 3 course and had some fun with these today. It was a good challenge with holes ranging from 75 yards to about 160 and I used these on every one. I think the thing that impressed me most was how easy these are to hit a specific distance and how consistent they are.

I know the "flyer" shot with other sets has been mentioned before and even though some don't think that's a thing I swear I've experienced it. It wasn't a lot, but occasionally. With this set you know what you're going to get. I feel like when I dial it back to hit a specific yardage as long as I hit the middle of the face it's going to hit that yardage, no question.

I'm going to sound like I'm contradicting myself from earlier feedback but these don't have a springy feel that to me can feel slightly inconsistent, or at least less confidence inspiring.

My comment that I'm referring to contradicting was that center shots feel like a trampoline and I stand by that. It's like when you jump right in the middle of a trampoline and you get that perfect, powerful feel.

For me the centered strikes have a feel that is so good, that there is almost no feel if that makes any sense whatsoever. They don't feel particularly hot, but like you are saying, super consistent. I feel like good strikes I know exactly what I am going to get from them, which isn't always the case elsewhere.

Shippppiiiinnnnnggggg notice!

For me the centered strikes have a feel that is so good, that there is almost no feel if that makes any sense whatsoever. They don't feel particularly hot, but like you are saying, super consistent. I feel like good strikes I know exactly what I am going to get from them, which isn't always the case elsewhere.
It's kind of like if you've ever played baseball and catch a hard throw right in the perfect spot of the glove. It's that absorbing feel but you can feel the power behind the throw/strike.

combos ordered. and now we wait

Reactions: KEV
It's kind of like if you've ever played baseball and catch a hard throw right in the perfect spot of the glove. It's that absorbing feel but you can feel the power behind the throw/strike.

As a former catcher, that analogy is freaking spot on. You get the pop of the glove, but it absorbs it nicely. Catch the ball a little bit in the fingers and that harsher feedback is there. With these, I don't find the feedback to be too harsh for me. Sound wise I can easily tell if I missed it.

So, after some pics were posted a while back of the Pro’s next to these, I was concerned, but turns out that was unnecessary. Will try to get some pics at some good angles this evening showing what I mean, but the UiHi, Pro, and ICON blend SEAMLESSLY.

ya'll are too convincing
at least not like last time I contemplated a purchase of FT Worth Blacks, that peoples had convinced me NOT to buy! This time I made the decision to do something simply "Because I want to". "If it is to be, it's up to me". I am expecting mine today.

Also, 28 days from order to in hand. So, for those ordering, their 29 day disclaimer is pretty spot on.

Finally got em...single iron is nr 6 and is shown with Tour Edge Exi 6 for size comparison. The "grass" you see is artificial turf and also a hitting mat on top. I chose this from Home Depot because it was so real looking. I think the name was "Real Turf" and at the time $34 linear foot (16 ft wide). You can actually hit off it, but it does leave a little residue on the sole of a club.
IMG_20200602_131812234.jpgIMG_20200602_131936995.jpgIMG_20200602_132016847.jpgIMG_20200602_132327414.jpg

Last edited:
Also, 28 days from order to in hand. So, for those ordering, their 29 day disclaimer is pretty spot on.

I also ordered 5/5... sadly no shipping notice yet :cry:. THat's OK, I've got plenty of entertainment with the PTX Pro in the meantime.

at least not like last time I contemplated a purchase of FT Worth Blacks, that peoples had convinced me NOT to buy! This time I made the decision to do something simply "Because I want to". "If it is to be, it's up to me". I am expecting mine today.

lol honestly i've been eyeing the icons. Combos made it so much more appealing. i'm also a bit of a push over so.....🤷‍♂️

mine were delayed a few days owing to the protesters and UPS caution. After three days of conflicting messages from UPS, they came on the 4th day around noon.

Had I known about the combo set, I probably would have got them instead. I will say, the blacks take a bit of getting used to. A little daunting at first, but as far as hitting, not really a problem (into a net). Might be different on the course tomorrow. A mishit is telling however. No real sting, but a dull thud sound.

Last edited:
I also ordered 5/5... sadly no shipping notice yet :cry:. THat's OK, I've got plenty of entertainment with the PTX Pro in the meantime.
I ordered 5/2, you’re still a few days out.

Tonight was a real test as it was really the first round I had where my iron swing was off. A few thoughts:

- well they're blades, off swings are not going to be saved as much as a more forgiving option. Before you say duh Kevin, the biggest things I noticed were they didn't elevate as well on bad strikes as others do and they do lose a little more distance. It's still not a crazy loss though which is still surprising to me.

- I had one in particular instance on a 162 yard par 3 with a pond in front where I hit this skanky little bladed fade. It was low as you'd expect on a bladed shot and I immediately said "skip across the water!". I thought for sure I was going to be short and in the pond. Much to my surprise I cleared it with plenty of space to spare and rolled up well right of the green, about 4 yards short of the pin. No way I thought I was going to end up that well.

- man these feel good. I was able to hit a few good ones and I'm in love with the feel. I'll keep saying it, they feel plush and powerful.

-the 4 iron is scary but dang is it fun. I know it won't be good for me long term but I'm having fun so far.

@KEV what has your trajectory been like with your ICONs? Mine was noticeably lower.

@KEV what has your trajectory been like with your ICONs? Mine was noticeably lower.
It's been a perfect mid to mid high. I had been hitting my i210's a bit higher than these but I'm not sure if that was due to the shaft or the club design. The best part is it's a piercing flight. It's not one of those bell curve, gradually rising to the peak flights. It's a straight line, cut through the wind, I'm in a hurry to peak and go right back down at the same angle kind of flight for me. It's perfect for the windy conditions I usually play in.

@KEV I had similar experience today. The pure (relative) strikes felt really good. I could barely feel there was a ball there. Off center hits would stay low and sorta skid off. As for hitting a four iron, for some weird reason, I am more comfortable with it than the mid irons. Short irons were great. I could stand a little more roll out and I fixed a lot more ball marks than I used to, but that's on me. Also, slower swings yielded better results. This may be because of the F2 recoils. Lots more work to do, but am confident.

@KEV I had similar experience today. The pure (relative) strikes felt really good. I could barely feel there was a ball there. Off center hits would stay low and sorta skid off. As for hitting a four iron, for some weird reason, I am more comfortable with it than the mid irons. Short irons were great. I could stand a little more roll out and I fixed a lot more ball marks than I used to, but that's on me. Also, slower swings yielded better results. This may be because of the F2 recoils. Lots more work to do, but am confident.
Great stuff! I'm curious how the 4 iron continues to perform for you down the road. It's a whole lot of fun for sure.

Speaking of ball marks our course is getting to be rock hard and I'm still holding greens. That speaks volumes for these because I struggle when the course use in this shape.

Back