The Official Banter Away Thread

So so true. I spent thr better part of the morning surfing through and it saddens me. Just learned multiple police offers have been shot in the last 24 hours. Not getting huge news though.

I typed up a very long response but just deleted it. I will simply say it is all very frustrating and saddening, and angering at the whole time. And, I have zero good answers just like everyone else.

The disconnect between reality, and media coverage is disorienting, angering, and sometimes terrifying.

Sadly many take whatever news source you want to mention as their truth ... it's scary!

The disconnect between reality, and media coverage is disorienting, angering, and sometimes terrifying.

Sadly many take whatever news source you want to mention as their truth ... it's scary!

I tell my father in law all the time as he watches maybe 19 hours of fox news a day. No one watching these stations for information. They watch it for affirmation. They want to be told how they see the world is correct.

I tell my father in law all the time as he watches maybe 19 hours of fox news a day. No one watching these stations for information. They watch it for affirmation. They want to be told how they see the world is correct.
I watched my dad do the same, and I have watched others on CNN ... I swore I would not be that person.

But your right, it reconfirms their narrative, blocks other input.

Just got word that there is going to be a protest march a little over a mile from my home today. Really hope its a peaceful one.

My wife was supposed to have surgery in March. Finally, they have her scheduled for tomorrow. They did call and have us switch the time and hospital, but it will be the same surgeon she has been speaking to since December.

My uncle contacted me worried last night as there were reports of a potential looting / riot in his neighborhood because it is near a big shopping center. Said extra prayers and offered them our guest bedroom but cannot fathom what is going on..

It’s going to be a heck of a Festivus this year!
1591126650547.jpeg

Found this little guy in our guest bathroom a bit ago.

20200603_112232.jpg

I think I am going to meet up with a twosome and play 18 today. Fun couple. I have played with them a few times this year. Both solid golfers. She plays from the same tees and does quite well. They generally play 36 holes/day, and I'll try to catch them as they start their 2nd 18. I'm a bit allergized today from layers of yellow pollen in the air and on everything. Feeling a bit groggy and tired. That might be good to keep me calm. Everything with my game feels good right now. I simply need to keep my inner balance and put it together. Prediction: 73. :unsure: Hopefully I"m not too embarrassed later today when I post in the
"What did you shoot today?" thread. :p

I think I am going to meet up with a twosome and play 18 today. Fun couple. I have played with them a few times this year. Both solid golfers. She plays from the same tees and does quite well. They generally play 36 holes/day, and I'll try to catch them as they start their 2nd 18. I'm a bit allergized today from layers of yellow pollen in the air and on everything. Feeling a bit groggy and tired. That might be good to keep me calm. Everything with my game feels good right now. I simply need to keep my inner balance and put it together. Prediction: 73. :unsure: Hopefully I"m not too embarrassed later today when I post in the
"What did you shoot today?" thread. :p

Just got word that there is going to be a protest march a little over a mile from my home today. Really hope its a peaceful one.

Im leaving town for a few days so my wife will be at the house along with the dogs.

I brought up an arsenal last night from the basement to the bedroom and showed her how to load them and use them. She was kind of freaked out at first, but I said you never know what these clowns will do or where they will go. Be prepared and dont be afraid to use them.

Break into my house, it will be the last one you break into

I slipped on a flip flop to go step on it, then thought better about the kind of luck i have and got a shoe.
Was always careful when I was stationed in the desert to dump the boots before slipping a foot into them.

Was always careful when I was stationed in the desert to dump the boots before slipping a foot into them.
This was the first one I'd seen, let alone inside. Looked like the perfect thing the almost 4 month old puppy would love to try to play with.

This was the first one I'd seen, let alone inside. Looked like the perfect thing the almost 4 month old puppy would love to try to play with.
Ya that could be a nasty lesson for a pup.

That’s exactly what I was thinking! My cats took down a nice size centipede today, but they also attempt to go after bees and things that they shouldn’t.

Found this little guy in our guest bathroom a bit ago.

View attachment 8947199

And my wife is complaining about a few ants! haha Just curious what the plan is for that guy... throw something and run hoping its a smash!?

Also not digging this back up, but my goodness I have shy'd away from social. only posting for my little bubba as family gets to see him.

The world is angry and I want people to be heard in a safe environment for both sides and all cities involved.

I watched my dad do the same, and I have watched others on CNN ... I swore I would not be that person.

But your right, it reconfirms their narrative, blocks other input.

It is hard to find a place that legitimately just reports news. It has become a way to provide commentary and spin on everything. I cant stand it.

It has become a way to provide commentary and spin on everything. I cant stand it.

.....the news has been doing this for over 100 years brother

.....the news has been doing this for over 100 years brother

I agree, but don't think it has gotten much worse? Especially with the instant media world we live in? It is a race to be the first to post something to get clicks and likes and smash those bells to subscribes and #cantstopwontstops. Rather than doing a bit of fact checking and putting out something quality.

I agree, but don't think it has gotten much worse? Especially with the instant media world we live in? It is a race to be the first to post something to get clicks and likes and smash those bells to subscribes and #cantstopwontstops. Rather than doing a bit of fact checking and putting out something quality.

It seems worse because its instantly in front of you now and QUICK. You are right, things like this are how people make a living. People got the news from news papers and coffee shops before social media. News papers have always spun it which ever way other than the truth most times because the person doing the editing is just like someone making a post on facebook. Same with at the coffee shop "well Billy Bob at the coffee shop this morning told me this is how it is.....so im a firm believer thats the problem" when really thats Billy Bobs opinion on what happened or what he wants it to look like what happened rather than what actaully happened. So Billy Bob and the social media groups that make these posts are the same thing today "well I saw on facebook so its got to be true" when really its probably not its what that group wants you to see or hear because thats the way THEY see it. Ever see a video on facebook of just something bad happening but not really seeing the whole thing making it look like somethng its not? They do that for a reason......

I dont watch the news. I literally refuse to have the TV on with the news. If someone is watching it, I will get up and go somewhere else. It does nothing for me. I have my facebook feeds filtered to golf, hot rods, food, and thats it. At one point (and still am) considering getting off facebook completely. People making long drawn out posts on facebook acting like they have all the answers and solving the worlds problems one post at a time just doesnt do it for me.

Back