Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Mixed performance day Saturday with the Xtreme but overall still very pleased. I tried a new shaft in Satuday's round so ill put some of the right misses on that. I had a hard time closing the face and let drives get out to the right, but the Xtreme never allowed the ball to slice. The ball started right of center and stayed straight on that line. I only hit 5 fairways, 8 just barely in the right rough, and only 1 miss left. It wasn't until my 5th drive where I figured out the load and tempo to get the new head/shaft combo to work. The left miss in the rough was a foot off the fairway and 2 misses right were pretty much the same. In every round ive played this year there has not been a huge miss with the Xtreme

But for the ones that did find the fairway they had a very strong flight. This head just feels powerful on center strikes!!!

I have to ask, which model is best for a toe / high toe strike? I had a great day with my F9 but this was consistently my miss and the dropoff in distance was noticeable

I have to ask, which model is best for a toe / high toe strike? I had a great day with my F9 but this was consistently my miss and the dropoff in distance was noticeable
Forgivness wise I doubt you'll find any club more forgiving than the Xtreme

My miss has always been high toe. It is the main reason F9 and I didn’t get along at a fitting. I have the standard SZ driver and don’t think high toe on this is punished as much as F9. I lose some yards, but it stays pretty straight and it ends up a slight push. It has taken some getting used to because my old driver high toe hits would draw.

I haven’t given extreme much of a try because I like that standard SZ so much.

Xtreme driver and I haven't been the best of friends just yet. Working on a shaft change that should hopefully be in play this next weekend. My misses to the right in my last 2 rounds were not so far off that I was out of play though. Hadn't lost a ball from drives in a few rounds now which is an achievement for me. LOL!

Distance, per Arccos, is improved by 10+ yards to my prior gamer which I will take. Especially since I am losing distance on my right side misses.

Had a pretty decent driving day today with the Xtreme thanks to @Lions81 who pointed out how bad my alignment and ball positioning had gotten. After a few adjustments I hit the ball pretty well and magically hit a few that had a little draw on it. The Xtreme to me has a different sound/feel when struck closer to the center haha. Really need to do it more often.

Going to keep my THCE shaft in there for a few more rounds to give it a fair comparison but so far the results are surprising a bit.

I'm loving my Xtreme SZ, especially the forgiveness. Hitting more fairways and my misses aren't nearly as bad as the SIM Max i was playing.

:cobra: As for the sound of the SZ i've hotmelted 5-6 this year in my shop for customers and it's MUCH better. If anyone needs any help with hotmelt work feel free to PM me i'm glad to help.

I've not played the standard SZ, but certainly when I swing and don't quite catch the Xtreme well there is no major distance loss. Of course there will be a wee drop-off, but certainly it is remarkably forgiving.

I'm loving my Xtreme SZ, especially the forgiveness. Hitting more fairways and my misses aren't nearly as bad as the SIM Max i was playing.

:cobra: As for the sound of the SZ i've hotmelted 5-6 this year in my shop for customers and it's MUCH better. If anyone needs any help with hotmelt work feel free to PM me i'm glad to help.
Sounds like me!! I just sold the SIM Max head yesterday....put the shaft from the SIM in to the Xtreme and its incredible how different they perform. Ive typically played M1, M3, M5 but went with SIM Max this year hoping for more forgiveness. That wasn't the case! The Xtreme on the other hand is the most forgiving driver by far. Bad strikes have very little curve to them and have remained very playable for me

Xtreme I would think. The high toe is a great spot to miss haha

Put in a new shaft last week and Saturday was my first round with it. Took a couple holes to get used to it but once I timed it correctly it was a monster... Everyone including me talks about how forgiving the Xtreme is, but I also need to point out its surprisingly very long also.
This has been a great fit for high launch and low spin.
At the range Sunday I got some quick numbers and it matched what I was seeing according to Arccos on course play

15A3BA00-4CCC-462D-8F2F-26D213CA01AE.jpeg

Put in a new shaft last week and Saturday was my first round with it. Took a couple holes to get used to it but once I timed it correctly it was a monster... Everyone including me talks about how forgiving the Xtreme is, but I also need to point out its surprisingly very long also.
This has been a great fit for high launch and low spin.
At the range Sunday I got some quick numbers and it matched what I was seeing according to Arccos on course play

View attachment 8947021
You're a monster with that thing! Well done. What shaft are you using now?

yeah, seriously. I took angles and pictures to validate on google maps when I got home.

Lowest value I can create is 370. Highest is 380. I assume reasonable middle is 375.

1591138907887.png

Was it a square strike center face or slightly high, slightly toe side?

yeah, seriously. I took angles and pictures to validate on google maps when I got home.

Lowest value I can create is 370. Highest is 380. I assume reasonable middle is 375.

View attachment 8947100
You know Arccos does that automatically right? 😂

is that 18? I miss the O

You know Arccos does that automatically right? 😂

is that 18? I miss the O
I still haven’t acquired my sensors yet man. Slacking. I change out shafts too often to have them in the grips haha

yes that’s 18. Waiting for you.

Firm Fairways. Some wind help. I hit a 375 yard drive today with the Speedzone.

Holy crap.

That is pandemic busting!!!

Back