Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the rate was 20x higher for Covid. Read the article and the study.
I don't see how you can possibly be making a case around relative mortality rate between two illnesses when one of the illnesses is estimated.

I read it. 0.26 for Covid and 0.2 for flu. Flu is estimated , that is understood but no data to say actual rate, just guessing which is not science. And again not all age groups. You are talking in circles with no data and antidotal evidence which is not data. Show the data for all age groups. It is not in your article or anything I have ever looked at.

Mortality rate for those under age 30 in MN for Covid 19 is thankfully zero so far. It’s well established that Covid 19 is much less dangerous for those under 30 than the common flu which the CDC estimates claimed the lives of 480 children in the U.S. for the 2018-2019 season. Covid 19 is mostly a virus that is deadly for those over the age of 60 with preexisting conditions. I hope one of the messages/lessons that people take to heart is take care of you health by exercising and not being overweight, smoke, etc. Nearly all of the people under the age of 60 that have died have one or more pre-existing conditions that can mostly be avoided with good eating and exercise habits.

31ABED43-BF89-4A87-AAB2-51501D8EBCE2.jpeg

I am hoping to get some good news soon out of Minnesota in regards to the rona. I haven't heard anything, but I imagine we have to be getting ready to open things up more. Obviously, there are other concerns as well going on. But, our local businesses need some revenue. North Dakota is flying right through reopening phases. Thankfully, we live on the border and we do get some exposure to a life that is closer to the way we lived 3 months ago.

Mortality rate for those under age 30 in MN for Covid 19 is thankfully zero so far. It’s well established that Covid 19 is much less dangerous for those under 30 than the common flu which the CDC estimates claimed the lives of 480 children in the U.S. for the 2018-2019 season. Covid 19 is mostly a virus that is deadly for those over the age of 60 with preexisting conditions. I hope one of the messages/lessons that people take to heart is take care of you health by exercising and not being overweight, smoke, etc. Nearly all of the people under the age of 60 that have died have one or more pre-existing conditions that can mostly be avoided with good eating and exercise habits.
Much less dangerous is not the same as not dangerous. Please stop with this implication that Covid is not dangerous for people under 60.

Much less dangerous is not the same as not dangerous. Please stop with this implication that Covid is not dangerous for people under 60.

Please stop saying it is 20x deadlier for all age groups and then posting a study that does not support your talking point.

If that number is so accurate, why can’t I find another recent article stating the 20x number you are quoting... ?

You are stuck with the 1st week of April talking points.

Last edited:

NPR has now backed off of the doomsday predictions

Perspective is important and many things in life are dangerous. Poor diet and not exercising is much more deadly for those under 60 than Covid 19. Driving a car for a teenager is much more dangerous that Covid 19 as many more will die in car accidents this year than will die of Covid 19. Would you to have all teens stop driving so we can save lives?

I have to assume you're just trolling at this point because by that logic everything a human does by simply existing on planet Earth is dangerous, and while many philosophers would make that argument it's not really within the scope of this conversation. Would you say that covid is less dangerous to those under 60 than driving to the grocery store? Or how about taking a shower? Or if there's some other metric you use to differentiate dangerous things from not dangerous things that would work too, I'm just curious what they might be and where covid fits on that scale for people under 60.

I have to assume you're just trolling at this point because by that logic everything a human does by simply existing on planet Earth is dangerous, and while many philosophers would make that argument it's not really within the scope of this conversation. Would you say that covid is less dangerous to those under 60 than driving to the grocery store? Or how about taking a shower? Or if there's some other metric you use to differentiate dangerous things from not dangerous things that would work too, I'm just curious what they might be and where covid fits on that scale for people under 60.

We should probably ban hot dogs too, that’s a huge choking hazard and causes many deaths each year.

We should probably ban hot dogs too, that’s a huge choking hazard and causes many deaths each year.

Joey Chestnut disagrees.

:sick: I do not understand how he does that, especially the soggy bun, makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. Barf!

I agree, but there are 3 things in life you can count on...Death, Taxes and Joey Chestnut winning the hot dog contest each year.

You can’t make the line high enough.

That would definitely make my Costco trips healthier. As long as the ban doesn’t include corn dogs, I’d consider.

I haven’t eaten a corn dog in years. I’m suddenly craving one lol.

I haven’t eaten a corn dog in years. I’m suddenly craving one lol.

You must not have children, or your children or grown. Corn dogs are a must on the grocery list in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must not have children, or your children or grown. Corn dogs are a must on the grocery list in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is only 6 weeks old. We’ve got some time before we get to those kinds of foods.

Tornados are dangerous. They almost never happen in Oregon. Therefore, although tornados are dangerous they pose almost no risk to Oregonians. Similar kinda thing for C19 and people under (pick a number).

I agree, but there are 3 things in life you can count on...Death, Taxes and Joey Chestnut winning the hot dog contest each year.

You can’t make the line high enough.
Kobiashi gave him a run in his prime.

You do realize that the article you linked is not actual data but estimates based on a model that used someone else's data, right? As you are so apt to tell everyone, "read the article".

You do realize that the article you linked is not actual data but estimates based on a model that used someone else's data, right? As you are so apt to tell everyone, "read the article".
He reminds me of a Flat Earther. All you get is watch the YouTube video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back