Tiny Washers on Normal Washers

BigDill

2023 Morgan Cup - Team Hackers - Cobra Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone have a tiny washer attached to your full size washer? I am talking about those 1 cu.ft. washer located in the pedestal or on top of the normal size machine.

The wife and I have been washer shopping because our current set is getting a bit old (8+ years) and has been acting up. We went the budget route last time, but we are in a position now to buy a better model. We debated a few of them, and settled on a Samsung model that has a tiny washer on the top that is separate from the main tub. It has WiFi and steam, and wasn’t cheap.

I was of the opinion that the tiny washer is basically useless, but she was smitten by it. If you have one, what do you think about it? Is it useful and/or worth the extra money? What the heck can I wash in there besides golf towels?

This is a picture of a set similar to what we bought to give everyone an idea what I am talking about:
1a652b446df59322ab9207ec8ca3896a.jpg

I can see a use case for stuff like socks or delicates that might be washed separately from a main load, lower water usage, etc

worth extra? not really

can it be used at the same time as the main tub? one heavy wash, one light wash?

(btw my washer/dryer repair guy loves the front load washers, says they're good moneymakers for him🤣)

I can see a use case for stuff like socks or delicates that might be washed separately from a main load, lower water usage, etc

worth extra? not really

can it be used at the same time as the main tub? one heavy wash, one light wash?

(btw my washer/dryer repair guy loves the front load washers, says they're good moneymakers for him🤣)
They can be used at the same time, and independently of one another.

This is timely as we are going to be in the market for a new set in the next month.

I think I might use it to store those socks with no matches until the other one decides to show up :ROFLMAO:

This is timely as we are going to be in the market for a new set in the next month.
I was able to find the best deal at Costco, of all places. I saved a few hundred dollars over the next lowest price because of a Memorial Day sale.

Most brands have the tiny washer in the pedestal, and the price difference between the pedestal with and without the washer was about 2 to 3 hundred depending on model. So if you were getting the pedestal regardless, then the washing one makes more sense.

worth extra? not really

We had one front load. Couldn't pass it up for what we paid for it, but I'd never get another one (unless it was a crazy deal like that first one). We have a top load this time.

For those unmentionables that may need a soak or wash on the delicate cycle.....We're married, we all know mama may need some things washed separately or a little extra soak "every so often". Ours is a little over 10 years and she is over the moon on this extra added feature. I guess its better than thing soaking in the sink before washing....besides, its a lot less in the price difference than the last set of irons we bought

I was able to find the best deal at Costco, of all places. I saved a few hundred dollars over the next lowest price because of a Memorial Day sale.

Most brands have the tiny washer in the pedestal, and the price difference between the pedestal with and without the washer was about 2 to 3 hundred depending on model. So if you were getting the pedestal regardless, then the washing one makes more sense.

The pedestal will definitely be purchased. I know that @GolferGal was leaning towards top loader this time, but some of the deals out there are fantastic.

The pedestal will definitely be purchased. I know that @GolferGal was leaning towards top loader this time, but some of the deals out there are fantastic.

The problem with a top loader and pedestal is that I won't be able to reach down to the bottom of the machine, I would need a step stool. So with pedestal I think we need to go front loader.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I thought this thread was about the tiny washer that sits on top of a normal washer the resides on the screw to a driver head :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The problem with a top loader and pedestal is that I won't be able to reach down to the bottom of the machine, I would need a step stool. So with pedestal I think we need to go front loader.
That's what jb is for?

That is a really good point. My washer sits about 3 inches above finished grade on a small concrete pad in the garage, and when I measured the expected height with a pedestal washer, it was up to my shoulder.

I’m of the opinion that the few functions a washing machine has the better off you are. I bought a GE set brand new for 600 (washer and dryer) in 2002. It was still going in 2016 when my wife decided to buy a Samsung set for about $1200. It has turned out to be the biggest pos I have ever purchased. Think god for YouTube, because I have learned to be an appliance repairman due to the junk washer and dryer I own. The main problem is all of the sensors that come with it. Something is always clogging or breaking. I bet I have to take it apart every 6 months. Next time I buy a washer I’m buying something with a dial, and that only has a start button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bought a new washer earlier this year. We found the best deal at the little Sears store in town. IIRC, it was $100 less than a Home Depot. The closest Costco or Sam’s is 50ish miles. I don’t remember exactly what the price difference was but it wasn’t that much.

My “tiny washer on a normal washer” arrived Friday, and this should give everyone an idea of what I was talking about. Not sure how it’s going to work out, but I’m going to give it a try over the next week and see.

E9E03F8D-98A9-49E0-BAB5-E447DE291405.jpegDB969325-D4A4-4F1B-A9E6-CB203C3379B7.jpegD13AD541-8A43-4E3F-864B-08082A8D560F.jpeg

Seems like a great place to wash hats, to be honest.

If that works, remind me to send you a hat or two.

Thanks for the update Big Dill. We had to buy yesterday and went with a LG steam set, but not mini washer. Looking forward to how it works out

Look at all those buttons! Do I need an engineering degree to work this?

Really though, they look good and interested to see how the "mini washer" works.

Thanks for the update Big Dill. We had to buy yesterday and went with a LG steam set, but not mini washer. Looking forward to how it works out
We went with the steam option as well so we could wash our masks more throughly. We were going to go with the LG, it seems to be the best value of all of the options. But wife opted for this one at the last minute.

We went with the steam option as well so we could wash our masks more throughly. We were going to go with the LG, it seems to be the best value of all of the options. But wife opted for this one at the last minute.

I totally get it. I’m a sucker for app and smart home stuff and like the LG ThinkQ

Back