How long has it been since your last eagle?

How long has it been since you made eagle?

• Total voters
still since never

I apparently holed out from 135 about 6 mo ago.

Driver missed the fairway right. I was stuck under a tree. Punched out a low, slicing 8i toward the green. I hit the shot from under a tree, into a very low setting sun, at an elevated green...never saw it. Couldn't find the ball, so I checked the hole. Surprise!

I had my first and only eagle last summer. Hoping to repeat it this summer.

If I had answered this yesterday, it would have been 1-6 months (and closer to the 6 months end). As of right now, it's about three hours ago - holed a 30 yard pitch for eagle with my lob wedge this morning.

If I had answered this yesterday, it would have been 1-6 months (and closer to the 6 months end). As of right now, it's about three hours ago - holed a 30 yard pitch for eagle with my lob wedge this morning.

Congrats! That's what it's all about. I'm hoping to change my vote to <1 month at some point this year. If nothing else, I hope I get to change it before I have to change it to over 5 years!

I think I am at 3 years now.

They are few and far between now that I am playing these other courses around here.

Never had one. Not counting on getting one.:(

Sept. 19, 2019. Short par 5. Driver, 3 wood, tap in. It was a unicorn type day on the course for me.

I had one in February - made the 10’ eagle putt on a par 5. I can’t remember the one before that one - it’s been a while.

The search continues... It is a rare and elusive bird to see for this golfer.

Just last week, the all Cobra bag doing me proud! Awkward par 5, should play easy but there is a horseshoe lake around both sides and the back of the green meaning is always a gamble when going for it in two. After a good drive I thought what the hell and took a flash at it. SpeedZone 4h to about 6 feet and sunk the putt - I was a happy man!

I had a rare two eagle round last Saturday both on par 5’s on the back nine at the resort course near our cabin. One was a perfect 4 wood from 218 yards into a stiff wind that finished less than two feet from the hole. The other was downwind on the last hole that allowed me to set up a 4 foot eagle putt by cutting off more of the marsh than normal. It was a 260 yard carry on the line that I took that left me only 173 yards from a front pin.

It’s been over 10 years since I’ve had two in the same round and something that has happened only three or four times in my life which makes it almost as uncommon as my HIO’s.

09D7276E-53BD-47EC-9EAF-AB55080D07CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably close to 5 years. had 4, two on par 4's and two on par 5's. The two on the par 4's were from 120 yards out, good shots but a lot of luck.

I had a rare two eagle round last Saturday both on par 5’s on the back nine at the resort course near our cabin. One was a perfect 4 wood from 218 yards into a stiff wind that finished less than two feet from the hole. The other was downwind on the last hole that allowed me to set up a 4 foot eagle putt by cutting off more of the marsh than normal. It was a 260 yard carry on the line that I took that left me only 173 yard from a front pin.

It’s been over 10 years since I’ve had two in the same round and something that has happened only three or four times in my life which makes it almost as uncommon as my HIO’s.

View attachment 8949580

Nice! I’ve only done that once. Shot a wretched (at the time for me) 44 on the front. Hit the back a little upset. Walked away with 2 eagles, 3 birdies, and 4 pars for my best nine of my life. The pars were actually the hardest part as they were all severely in the wind long holes. I hit driver/3i into two of the par 4’s. One was a long two putt par and the other I got up and down from a foot off. -7 29. Ho hum +1 73 on the day. But what a ride to that outcome.

It is just over a year for me, 15th hole at my home course in a mixed pairs competition

A good drive left me with 190yds to the green which has water short, OB left and long and the 9th tee to the right of the green and OB over that, so it isn't the biggest target to hit if you go for it - stuck a 6i to about 3ft and made the putt

I don't normally go for the green on that hole due to the water and OB surrounding it, but recently I played a few holes one evening with my usual playing partner, and due to course work the front 9 was closed, so we played the back 9 twice and I ended up just over the back of the green the first time and had to chip out of the rough, and then had an eagle putt the second time round and walked off with a par and a birdie in total

I’m still eagle-less since 2018. I’m playing better this year (5 rounds in) so I’m seeing some chances, just haven’t converted one.

But I play some really short courses. The one course I’ve driven all but 3 of the par 4’s. 3 of them are 265 or less. Both par 5’s are EASILY reached. My kid was on both of them in 2 in the county tournament when he was 13. I count em as eagles on those 5 holes but almost with an asterisk in my mind.

It's been 2 years since I missed a 4 footer to get an eagle. Does that count? ;)

Update: 2 weeks ago. :) 490 yrd par 5 split fairway with creek running diagonal across the fairway and pond right of the green. Driver to 205 left to the flag. 4i cut shot to about 20 feet pin high just past the hole. Drained the 20 foot downhill putt for eagle.

1592483414782.png

Never had one. Had lip outs, hit the pin on chips, etc. Last round, I stuck an iron to about 6 feet on a par 5, and pulled the eagle putt.

I had an eagle earlier this year and almost had another in my last round. Two more rolls and it would have dropped in. My home course has two par 5‘s that are very reachable in two, so I get eagle putts fairly often.

Last edited:
I have no idea what year my last eagle was. It's been way too long though. Heck, it's been several rounds since my last birdie.

2 months ago. A chip in from the fringe on the Castle Course at Nothern Bay

Par 5 replica of the Azala hole #13 at Augusta.

My drive made the corner. My 3 wood carried Rae's Creek and ended up hole high on the left fringe. Chipped in a 30 footer.

Back