Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

Can’t wait any more

1592712419123.gif

Another round on these, another in the 70’s. Today a 77 from 6,950 on a WINDY freaking day.

Legit worked the ball around the course today flighting the ball and using every iron in the bag again. I can’t get over the flow, the flow of looks, the flow of feel, and the ability to do the things I want them to.

Yes, misses aren’t super forgiving, but they’re not as crazy penal as I expected....at all.

High. Low. Draw. Fade. I have hit them all.

Here's a question for you. Knowing nothing of my game other than i'm between a 14/15 handicap and do not move the ball up,down,left, or right (on command) and just basically try and do my best to hit the green do you think i'd be better off getting the combo set or just sticking to PTx/pro down to PW?

My current set is Miura PP-9903. I think you've mentioned you've gamed Miura in the past. How do these feel compared to hitting a Miura? I'm really not looking for a more forgiving set, a mishit is a mishit (wouldn't hurt though). My mishits are generally topping the ball or catching it low on the grooves (thin) so my problem is more height problem ( and swing problem). Do you find these easier to launch higher? My 7 iron carry is about 135 yards.

I could continue to carry on with my Miura's. I don't feel they hurt me or hold me back. Like most everyone I just like new and shiny things!!

Here's a question for you. Knowing nothing of my game other than i'm between a 14/15 handicap and do not move the ball up,down,left, or right (on command) and just basically try and do my best to hit the green do you think i'd be better off getting the combo set or just sticking to PTx/pro down to PW?

My current set is Miura PP-9903. I think you've mentioned you've gamed Miura in the past. How do these feel compared to hitting a Miura? I'm really not looking for a more forgiving set, a mishit is a mishit (wouldn't hurt though). My mishits are generally topping the ball or catching it low on the grooves (thin) so my problem is more height problem ( and swing problem). Do you find these easier to launch higher? My 7 iron carry is about 135 yards.

I could continue to carry on with my Miura's. I don't feel they hurt me or hold me back. Like most everyone I just like new and shiny things!!
If those are your misses and you have no aspirations of working or flighting the ball, then honestly the 9003’s and the ICON’s are a lot of iron for you. That said, the PTx Pro will give you the look you obviously like but with more forgiveness on those misses due to the hollow design. I don’t think you gain anything by going straight MB though.

For feel (SOUND) these are every bit as good, and addicting, as my Miura CB1008 I also have here.

Ordered some badass BB&F ferrules for these, the question now becomes for what shafts. Stock are kicking ass for me, but I’d like to go lighter.

Ordered some badass BB&F ferrules for these, the question now becomes for what shafts. Stock are kicking ass for me, but I’d like to go lighter.

What is weight on stocks?

I went Tour V in X, so 120g.

Holy moly. That’s a lot. Definitely would get tired slinging that around. Even if I could handle it.

Holy moly. That’s a lot. Definitely would get tired slinging that around. Even if I could handle it.
It’s a great fit for me, the numbers are pretty ideal, but playing 5-7 rounds a week, I need a little lighter and a little vibration dampening. Likely either end up Elevate or Xcaliber Rapid Taper

It’s a great fit for me, the numbers are pretty ideal, but playing 5-7 rounds a week, I need a little lighter and a little vibration dampening. Likely either end up Elevate or Xcaliber Rapid Taper

Makes sense. My body would crush me if I played that often especially with something that heavy. I already feel it with 3-4 range sessions and 1 round a week at 95s.

Makes sense. My body would crush me if I played that often especially with something that heavy. I already feel it with 3-4 range sessions and 1 round a week at 95s.

@Canadan and @ddec say I’m just country strong:ROFLMAO:

Are there any discount codes for a set of these.

asking for a friend....

Are there any discount codes for a set of these.

asking for a friend....

10% first time buy through hogan site at the moment plus additional discount if you add the extra long club in the blended choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooofff......$706 for a set...
Yup, it’s a STEAL for what you’re getting too.

I know some have rolled their eyes at me, but these are silly good. Worth every cent I paid, and probably a few hundred more.

I know some have rolled their eyes at me, but these are silly good. Worth every cent I paid, and probably a few hundred more.
I bought the Apex Pros largely based on your positive opinion and they did not disappoint me. If I had half a brain I wouldn't have sold them off.

I don't know much about the Tour V. I've tried it in wedges, but never in a full set.

I bought the Apex Pros largely based on your positive opinion and they did not disappoint me. If I had half a brain I wouldn't have sold them off.

I don't know much about the Tour V. I've tried it in wedges, but never in a full set.
It’s a solid shaft, it really is, fits a wider range than most realize.

I loved the Pro’s, they’re amazing clubs. These are really good too though. And the combo set is just so so so good flow wise.

If those are your misses and you have no aspirations of working or flighting the ball, then honestly the 9003’s and the ICON’s are a lot of iron for you. That said, the PTx Pro will give you the look you obviously like but with more forgiveness on those misses due to the hollow design. I don’t think you gain anything by going straight MB though.

For feel (SOUND) these are every bit as good, and addicting, as my Miura CB1008 I also have here.

Thanks for the honest feedback! That was the way that I was leaning and figured a straight PTx set would give me some better results. Iget around the course ok with the Miura's but as i'm getting older (48 next week) i'm thinking a club that can give me a little more help is in my future. Of course nothing beats practice but in the time that I do get to golf I'd rather go hit on the course than mindlessly smashing balls at a range. I wouldn't mind being able to move the ball around but I think I need to nail the one that just goes straight (although I have read thatis the hardest shot to hit) first!

Thanks for the honest feedback! That was the way that I was leaning and figured a straight PTx set would give me some better results. Iget around the course ok with the Miura's but as i'm getting older (48 next week) i'm thinking a club that can give me a little more help is in my future. Of course nothing beats practice but in the time that I do get to golf I'd rather go hit on the course than mindlessly smashing balls at a range. I wouldn't mind being able to move the ball around but I think I need to nail the one that just goes straight (although I have read thatis the hardest shot to hit) first!
The PTx Pro’s are SO GOOD. You get a look you’d be familiar with, but a lot more playability imo.

Happy to help!

If one of the big brands had come out with this set I have zero doubt they would be absolutely praised and be a huge seller.

Every day I get to go and put these into play makes me a silly happy guy.

The addiction is real to the feel, yes, but the things I can do with them and the distances I’m hitting. Increased efficiency is evident, and as such my distances are longer than expected, plus, what a high pretty natural flight that I can do whatever I want with flighting wise.

According to Kevin Na and part of the internet I shouldn’t be playing the 8-PW in these....

But I think I’m going to keep on playing the practically ideal numbers for me, I’ll just make that sacrifice willingly :ROFLMAO:

According to Kevin Na and part of the internet I shouldn’t be playing the 8-PW in these....

But I think I’m going to keep on playing the practically ideal numbers for me, I’ll just make that sacrifice willingly :ROFLMAO:

You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life!

You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life!
Hahaha, I think it’s pretty funny....not the Na comment or the hard line stances by some in that thread, but the fact that I just flat out play irons in the smaller profile better in terms of spin, launch, and just sheer fun.

Hogan has killed it with these, and I can’t get over how well they blend still, including the UiHi’s, it’s just crazy.

Hahaha, I think it’s pretty funny....not the Na comment or the hard line stances by some in that thread, but the fact that I just flat out play irons in the smaller profile better in terms of spin, launch, and just sheer fun.

Hogan has killed it with these, and I can’t get over how well they blend still, including the UiHi’s, it’s just crazy.

I suck but play the PTx Pro irons way better than the Mizuno HM Pro or Tour Edge Iron-Woods.🤷‍♂️

Back